Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Harry Mudd!

The next task for all of you is to figure out what persona you want to feature on the card. Harry appeared only in two episodes, so the choice will be between the "salesman" from Mudd's Women or the "ruler" of an android planet from I Mudd.

Voting will start in a few days. Up to then you have time to discuss the pros and cons of both possibilities and persuade the others to vote for your favorite.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just out of curiosity, what was the final tally for the vote for all of the options? Was this really a close thing at the end, or....?

-Aoide Muse

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Aoide Muse wrote:Just out of curiosity, what was the final tally for the vote for all of the options? Was this really a close thing at the end, or....?
Harry Mudd 28
U.S.S. Relativity 26
Stephen Hawking 17
U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 11
S.S. Botany Bay 6
Beata 4
Gabriel Bell 3
Jake Sisko 2
Reginald Barclay 2
Data 1
Norman 1
Tiron 1

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like the idea of a Mudd from "Mudd's Women". This was Mudd at his core, a profiteur. Such a personnel should fit in well with a smuggler/thief deck.

It seems that people are mistaken in thinking that Mudd should benefit Androids. Rather, it is Mudd who should be hindered by Androids. They foiled his plans and prevented him from acquiring the Enterprise in "I, Mudd". A Mudd from this episode should be a high skill/cool ability personnel who is hindered (loses acquisition and keywords) if Androids are present.

He could also have a Vosk like text where he bails if there are no Crime events in play (in 2E). A reduced cost, highly skilled personnel with a drawback.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:He could also have a Vosk like text where he bails if there are no Crime events in play (in 2E). A reduced cost, highly skilled personnel with a drawback.
Something like at end of opponents turn, if you command no crime events return mudd to hand. Then have an ability that affects your opponent in some way.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Well, in "I, Mudd," he brought the Enterprise to his planet. Moving an opponent's ship to your planet mission (or even to the opponent's own planet mission) could certainly mess with an opponent. He also dragged the crew down the planet (via the androids, of course).

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Only one? Why can't it be both? I want a card to represent the full character of Harry Mudd, not just a single one of his appearances.

To take another character as an example, we don't have a Martok card that was designed to specifically represent his appearance in "By Inferno's Light", or "What you leave behind", or any other particular episode in between. No, we have Martok, the character, and one card (in 1E) that represents him in toto.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
commdecker wrote:Only one? Why can't it be both? I want a card to represent the full character of Harry Mudd, not just a single one of his appearances.

To take another character as an example, we don't have a Martok card that was designed to specifically represent his appearance in "By Inferno's Light", or "What you leave behind", or any other particular episode in between. No, we have Martok, the character, and one card (in 1E) that represents him in toto.
Right, so for 1E we can do that more fully. But in 2E, picking a persona is very important to creating the character. So think of this as more of a "2E only" step, with some 1E implications (As it will likely dictate image choice more than anything.)

-crp

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
From a 1E perspective, we are just choosing were the image will come from.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hopefully the showed interest in Relativity will spark the designers to take a look at it. Especially since the major criticisms against it were the lack of 1E ship text boxes and wanting it to come out with its crew in toe - things which wouldn't be a problem if the designers made it.

Oh well.

I'll sit out of the Harry Mudd persona debate, right now I hate both crime events and androids. Maybe Mudd will change things.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
"peripatetic grifter" should definately be his subtitle. I have no idea what it means, but Memory Alpha calls him that, so it must be true.

Also, he seems to like to sell stuff that isn't his to sell, so how about an ability that targets an opponents event and makes them "pay" for it again.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
TheBorgHive wrote:"peripatetic grifter" should definately be his subtitle. I have no idea what it means, but Memory Alpha calls him that, so it must be true.

Also, he seems to like to sell stuff that isn't his to sell, so how about an ability that targets an opponents event and makes them "pay" for it again.
ooh ooh, I think TheBorgHive has something here (for the 2E version, of course). An effect that makes the opponent with an event "buy" it back/again, maybe similar to Neil's Berlinghoff, sounds like it could be cool. I'd be interested in that. Otherwise, Mudd is just so blah.

Dangit, Relativity should've won. Well, new Asst. Designer, Keith, hopefully the team you and Brad plan to work up for #24 is the U.S.S. Relativity, Captain Braxton, Lieutenant Ducane, Temporal Agent Jameson (7 of 9), Temporal Agent Janeway, and the other one or two crewmembers we saw in that episdoe, Heck, even Dakin Mathews' Admiral could be part of it?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
"peripatetic grifter"

Hah, that is perfect, Peripatetic means someone who travels form place to place and a grifter is a conman. I like the idea of selling events too but I get the feeling the only way it would work is if it was a near clone of Neil's card. Atually would that be a bad thing?

Mudd = Berlingoff but for events.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Shanebrier wrote:"peripatetic grifter"

Hah, that is perfect, Peripatetic means someone who travels form place to place and a grifter is a conman. I like the idea of selling events too but I get the feeling the only way it would work is if it was a near clone of Neil's card. Atually would that be a bad thing?

Mudd = Berlingoff but for events.
Maybe he could do something like offer to buy opponents' events... you discard cards from hand, unless the opponent discards the same number you get their event? (How much does Mirror [SF] use events?)
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]