Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF] in general love 2 events - sight for sore eyes and noble intentions.

How about something like this: Each player (starting with you) names a number no higher than the number of cards in their hand, the player that named the highest number discards that many cards to take command of an event in any player's core.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
I have a unique event in play and my opponent has a copy of the same unique event.
I steal their event giving me two copies of that unique event.
What happens?

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
chompers wrote:I have a unique event in play and my opponent has a copy of the same unique event.
I steal their event giving me two copies of that unique event.
What happens?
I imagine it's the same as assimilating unique personnel you already command.

The unique event in question is not a valid target for command taking.

By mindmage (Ben Johnson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Harry Mudd also was in Star Trek the Animated Series and he was in the Interplay game Star Trek 25th anniversary. He even appeared in a couple Star Trek books. These probably aren't cannon, but they did show Mudd up to his usual tricks.

One card that combines both episodes he appeared in would be better than having to pick just one.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
mindmage wrote:One card that combines both episodes he appeared in would be better than having to pick just one.
Not being familiar with 1E, I couldn't comment on how it works, but in 2E the personas are almost like "snapshots", the skills, affiliations, attributes and keywords on them being defined by who and how they were when the snapshot was taken.

That's good if someone turns out to be a sinner in one episode then a saint an episode or two later.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mindmage wrote:Harry Mudd also was in Star Trek the Animated Series and he was in the Interplay game Star Trek 25th anniversary. He even appeared in a couple Star Trek books. These probably aren't cannon, but they did show Mudd up to his usual tricks.
For reference, only two novels have even semi canon status; Mosaic and Pathways.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
mindmage wrote:One card that combines both episodes he appeared in would be better than having to pick just one.
Not being familiar with 1E, I couldn't comment on how it works, but in 2E the personas are almost like "snapshots", the skills, affiliations, attributes and keywords on them being defined by who and how they were when the snapshot was taken.

That's good if someone turns out to be a sinner in one episode then a saint an episode or two later.
In 1E personas tend to be show specific or affiliation specific.

We have 4 Deanna Trois:
TNG
First Contact
Voyager
Ferengi

At present, mains tend to have a card for one other affiliation, one other series, and a film version (if applicable). Alternate timeline and Mirror Universe versions are also made.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Maybe a little ahead of myself, but what about something like, "At the beginning of each opponents turn, if this personell is at one of that players planet missions, you may stop him to name an event. Opponent must pay its cost or return it to its owner's hand (score 5 points)."

Obviously wording could be better, but the idea is he makes you repay the cost of your event. Or you could even be tricky and target your own high value event. It gets even better in multiplayer.

Borg

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Given the two options, I would prefer to see Mudd from Mudd's Women, rather than from I, Mudd. I think the Mudd's Women version has more potential to be interesting, whereas the one from I, Mudd would almost certainly deal with Androids in some form or fashion.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
It's time to decide the persona of Mr. Mudd!

Voting is open and will remain so until Monday the 20th of September. That gives you a week to consider your options and cast your vote, or to persuade your fellows which persona is better.

For 1E, this vote will determine from which source episode we choose the image for the card (and might come into play in breaking ties.) In the 2E world, this choice will represent which "snapshot" of this character will appear in the game, and will have consequences relating to his skills and his game text.

Cast your votes! Next week, we get down to brass tacks!

-crp

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I, Mudd.

It's simply a more fun episode, and gives more character potential than just being "Sneaky Salesman".

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:I, Mudd.
:thumbsdown:

Stay away from the Androids. I know someone's already made comments along the lines of "Mudd from 'I, Mudd' would be 'anti' Android (so would lose skills/attributes in an Android's presence", but that's only at the end of the episode, and who would vote for that? Chances are, if he's from 'I, Mudd', he'll end up being pro-Android 'King Mudd' from the start. We don't need that.

"Mudd's Women" all the way. We can actually do something with the Smuggler keyword! (Smuggling Run doesn't count.)
Last edited by Danny on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
Danny wrote: "Mudd's Women" all the way. We can actually do something with the Smuggler keyword! (Smuggling Run doesn't count.)
You got me at Smuggler! Mudd's Women it is...

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Chances are, if he's from 'I, Mudd', he'll end up being pro-Android 'King Mudd' from the start. We don't need that.
Why not?

I, Mudd gives us a person (who isn't a scientist) that can interact with androids as opposed to yet another Kivas Fajo character. Someone who uses androids while not being one of them has a great deal of potential.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:Why not?

I, Mudd gives us a person (who isn't a scientist) that can interact with androids as opposed to yet another Kivas Fajo character. Someone who uses androids while not being one of them has a great deal of potential.
Why not? How about because 'droids already have Graves and Noonien - 2 fellas who aren't Androids, that can interact with them to prevent a stop or kill (former) and lets you play any Android (including out of affiliation Data) to a ship, and lets you download them too (latter). Why would they need more tech?

Smugglers, on the other hand, have jack.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]