Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
being a 1E guy I just like myself a decent personnel without a ton of special text or [DL]. Sure he has to be interesting but not just for the sake of it. Imagewise I would turn to the art department an see what they had in mind. They probably already have 3 or 4 images for us to choose from. =)
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:Next week, we get down to brass tacks!
Shouldn't we already have the templates filled out with a card title? I'm presuming that he'll be non-aligned. Then again, he probably should have a middle name. He even used it to introduce himself. Did I just add in another vote?

Also, what's with the polls on the main page? It worked out great last year when the polls were on the forums and we could see at any time where everyone was.

Faithful Reader

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Danny wrote:Why would they need more tech?
To make androids less hit and miss as a strategy. An android deck has a remarkable weakness in the non-science skills. While I enjoy the challenge of finding them the right team-mates, it would be interesting to see some options in that field without becoming too powerful.

Harry is the perfect person to fill that gap. He could be akin to Tolian Soran who hinders while he helps.
Smugglers, on the other hand, have jack.
There are eighteen smuggler personnel, not counting multiples. The problem lies not with the personnel, but with event/interrupts that interact with them. Why would Mudd have a skill that interacts with other smugglers? It's not like he had any smuggler interaction in that episode. He was delivering mail order brides.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Iron Mike wrote:Why would Mudd have a skill that interacts with other smugglers? It's not like he had any smuggler interaction in that episode. He was delivering mail order brides.
You obviously missed the hidden subtext of the episode, in which Mudd is portrayed as the supreme overlord of all intergalactic smuggling. :wink:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Iron Mike wrote:To make androids less hit and miss as a strategy. An android deck has a remarkable weakness in the non-science skills.

Lal, 3 Soong-Type Androids and a hand of 3 duplicate Lals, Datas or Lores means your team can gain 5 skills during a mission attempt; that, along with ramping their attributes into the 9/9/9 stage doesn't make my heart bleed for their lack of natural non-Science skills.

Giving them a personnel (a non-Android personnel who can be aided by Rayna Kapec's gametext too) who has linked gametext and packs Acquisition (possibly Diplomacy) just feels a little unnecessary.
Iron Mike wrote:There are eighteen smuggler personnel, not counting multiples. The problem lies not with the personnel, but with event/interrupts that interact with them. Why would Mudd have a skill that interacts with other smugglers? It's not like he had any smuggler interaction in that episode. He was delivering mail order brides.
He doesn't need text that works with other Smugglers; like you said, the problem lies with the support cards for them. Having a personnel, a known Smuggler, who could download Crime cards/retrieve them from the discard pile or interact with them in a cooler way than that would be a boon for the under used keyword.

EDIT: Plus, there's the whole "delivering mail-order brides" you mentioned - could be a cool mechanic; maybe an Interstellar Treaty for the ladies.

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Polls are closed and votes are counted. We have a landslide victory for Mudd's Women:

Mudd's Women 73
I Mudd 36

Will of the Collective III will continue shortly. The next question you have to answer is: "What should Harry Mudd do?"

It might be of interest for some of you, that Harry Mudd was able to infiltrate the 1E Design department and left his symbol on a card:
Image Design experts assume that this symbol is used to mark crime cards. Possible interactions between Mudd and the symbol are up to you.
 -  
thsch wrote:Image
Sigh.

Of all the crimes and criminals in the Star Trek universe, this is what we got.

No Orions. No Cardassians (who are admittingly represented in the Punishment Icon). Just Harry Mudd.

At least it's distinct, but sigh nonetheless.

Faithful Reader

P.S. One wonders if we'll be seeing this icon in the next set. Or off to the left.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
thsch wrote:Polls are closed and votes are counted. We have a landslide victory for Mudd's Women:

Mudd's Women 73
I Mudd 36
:D Suck it, Androids! :D
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote:
Sigh.

No Orions. No Cardassians (who are admittingly represented in the Punishment Icon). Just Harry Mudd.

Faithful Reader

P.S. One wonders if we'll be seeing this icon in the next set. Or off to the left.
Are you ever happy with anything? O.o

=)

-crp

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
Sigh.

Faithful Reader

I cannot think of a single sneer more associated with criminality in all the Star Trek universe. Rock on Harcourt, rock on.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
I cannot think of a single sneer more associated with criminality in all the Star Trek universe. Rock on Harcourt, rock on.

Really? I would think Quark's "i'm up to no good smirk" would be more appropriate to "criminality".

By mindmage (Ben Johnson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader is an idiot. I refuse to apologize, so don't bother asking. I like the icon for Harry.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
The Mad Vulcan wrote:

Really? I would think Quark's "i'm up to no good smirk" would be more appropriate to "criminality".
But he has a villain mustache. 100+ years of Hollywood films have taught us that that 'stache can never be up to anything good. Quark's piranna teeth up close would just look frightening.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
The Mad Vulcan wrote:But he has a villain mustache. 100+ years of Hollywood films have taught us that that 'stache can never be up to anything good. Quark's piranna teeth up close would just look frightening.
Also, Quark was more dodgy than outright criminal.

I approve of moustaches on Trek cards. The more, the better.

[MQ], should have instead been a goatee. :P
 -  
mindmage wrote:Faithful Reader is an idiot. I refuse to apologize, so don't bother asking. I like the icon for Harry.
I've made an enemy! Woot!

Which nemesis icon do you want to be, right side or left?

Faithful Reader

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]