Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
It's time to decide what we want Mr. Mudd to do! You can find out more details about how this step will take place, and submit your ideas, in this article.

We invite all of you to kick back ideas back and forth here in this thread, for both 1E and 2E. At this stage in the game, we're looking for concepts on his ability (a.k.a. special skill). It can be something simple, or something complex - as long as it is a concept and not game text.

I can't wait to see what you guys have in mind!

-crp

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Should he be Fed or N/A? He appeared to be a Federation citizen, but didn't work for the Federation.

I think that since he spends most of Mudd's Women shitting the command staff, he should have an ability akin to Seska's. He's handy, but at a cost.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm 99.9% sure he'll be [NA]; I don't really see him working any other way. I'd be willing to listen to argument though.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Since I play 1e, I'll only post a 1e idea. How about a special skill that lets you select a female at his location and boost their attributes?

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I thought a large part of Mudd's appeal (to those who voted for him) was that he would be NA so he could work in as many decks as possible. Going along with this vein, the ability should work in pretty much any deck, but perhaps have an added bonus if you are doing crime/smuggler/thief etc. stuff.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
ZodoJats wrote:Going along with this vein, the ability should work in pretty much any deck, but perhaps have an added bonus if you are doing crime/smuggler/thief etc. stuff.
:thumbsup:

Getting lower attributed personnel (nothing sexist, ladies, but the women of STCCG do tend to have lower Strength than the chaps*) into play, or doing something to get Crime cards into play/back from the discard pile gets my vote.

* Unless they're a MACO or work in Security.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1. Keeping Crime/Smuggler cards in play.

2. Protecting Thieves.

Haven't decided what I should choose between these two.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Two ideas:

Selling one your personnel to the opponent.

Misleading your opponent about who he is / what he's doing.

Thoughts?

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Triumph wrote: Misleading your opponent about who he is / what he's doing.
One way to mislead your opponent is to give him 3 or 4 interesting abilities that you can only use one each turn. That way they never know which direction he will go next.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
For 2e. How about an ability that gives you a bonus when he uses a skill. Something like Locutus but not scoring points.

I don't play 1e, but is there a criminally like event that he coudl recieve a special download for?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:Misleading your opponent about who he is / what he's doing.
I suggested this. Harry should reward you for lying to or tricking your opponent somehow, possibly along the lines of Madred, Persistent Inquisitor. Maybe Harry's reward is a little bigger than Madred's, but he goes to your opponent's brig instead of being killed if his con fails?

Did anyone ever play SWCCG with the objective No Money, No Parts, No Deal/You're A Slave? You chose a card from your hand and your opponent had to choose whether to take some damage and make you put it on the bottom of your deck, or to pay a small cost and let you play that card for free. But if you couldn't play the card right away (because it was an interrupt or a unique card that was already in play or something) and your opponent chose to let you play it for free, you'd take some damage. So your opponent had to guess whether it was a big noun like Darth Vader or the Executor or something (so it'd be better to make it go away to the bottom of your deck) or whether you were bluffing by choosing an interrupt or some other non-playable card (so it'd be good to catch you and make you take damage). I think that'd be a neat model for Harry Mudd's* ability.

*By the way, everyone's calling him "Harry" for now, but his actual card title absolutely has to be "Harcourt Fenton Mudd".

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Another idea: maybe Harry should somehow allow you to "cheat" and change or ignore one of the game's rules?

Which story won the vote: "Mudd's Women" or "I, Mudd"? If we're doing "I, Mudd", then maybe he could somehow make a unique Android non-unique? (That sounds super duper powerful, so there'd definitely need to be a high cost or risk associated with it.)

EDIT: (Never mind: I learned to read and found out "Mudd's Women" won. But making an android ❖ could still work for the 1E card.)
Last edited by bhosp on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Many of the girls with pretty faces have text which benefits you when they get randomly selected. Perhaps he could in some way rig random selections to choose those personnel?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Many of the girls with pretty faces have text which benefits you when they get randomly selected. Perhaps he could in some way rig random selections to choose those personnel?
That's a great idea. It does kind of make me wish "gender" were a concept in 2E, so you don't end up just using it on Harana or Odo, The Great Link's Savior or something. Odo would probably be the best use of that ability on a [NA] personnel; maybe you should only be able to rig a random selection to choose a [NA] personnel? (But then it wouldn't work on the various Leetas...)

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:Many of the girls with pretty faces have text which benefits you when they get randomly selected. Perhaps he could in some way rig random selections to choose those personnel?
That's a great idea. It does kind of make me wish "gender" were a concept in 2E, so you don't end up just using it on Harana or Odo, The Great Link's Savior or something. Odo would probably be the best use of that ability on a [NA] personnel; maybe you should only be able to rig a random selection to choose a [NA] personnel? (But then it wouldn't work on the various Leetas...)
Those seem like fair combos to me, as long as the cost of rigging the random selection is steep enough.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation