Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
bhosp wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:Many of the girls with pretty faces have text which benefits you when they get randomly selected. Perhaps he could in some way rig random selections to choose those personnel?
That's a great idea. It does kind of make me wish "gender" were a concept in 2E
While all 2E cards are asexual, some do use the words 'she' or 'her'.

Why do I feel like I've just created a potentially huge rules issue?

Faithful Reader

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
bhosp wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:Many of the girls with pretty faces have text which benefits you when they get randomly selected. Perhaps he could in some way rig random selections to choose those personnel?
That's a great idea. It does kind of make me wish "gender" were a concept in 2E
While all 2E cards are asexual, some do use the words 'she' or 'her'.

Why do I feel like I've just created a potentially huge rules issue?

Faithful Reader
Ease of reference and readability, I think.

As for a justification for his ability... you've got to make a random selection, so Harry "sells" someone or something. (Yeah, he's usually surrounded by beautiful women, but he's a slick enough con man to deal in what he's got to hand.)

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
I like the idea of him placing himself in your opponent's brig to net some sort of bonus.
Order - Place this personnel to in your opponents brig.

While this personnel is in your brig, your personnel are somehow screwed over.
OR
At the start of your turn, you may give command of a personnel present to your opponent to spend three extra counters this turn. You may do this a second time in one turn, if you do you must then place this personnel in your opponent's brig.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Iron Mike wrote:I like the idea of him placing himself in your opponent's brig to net some sort of bonus.
Order - Place this personnel to in your opponents brig.

While this personnel is in your brig, your personnel are somehow screwed over.
I like this idea ... my Cardassians would love an extra personnel in their brig! Corbin Entek might mess this up.

I would also love to rig random selections involving Leeta Union Member

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
When a random selection is about to be made, you may instead select a personnel with strength less than 5.
That generally gets the women folk mudd would be selling and cuts out the more beefed up men. Though it does mean that mudd makes bad stuff happen to his women...

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Shanebrier wrote:Though it does mean that mudd makes bad stuff happen to his women...
Thematically it works, as he was transporting mail order brides to Bumfuck III. Not to mention he had them "on" the Venus drug.

Match him with M'Pella for more fun.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
From here on out, can thread titles use Mudd? We have another character by a similar name who is a main. One actor was able to pay off his mortgage versus the other that might have been able to foot some of the rent for a month, if that. It might get somewhat confusing.

I'm also fairly certain we'll need to vote on the card title as well as subtitle. He introduces himself with three names but is more commonly known by two.

Faithful Reader

By qazed
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
After Riker Slide making TT strong and the Headset making a broken deck. I cannot wait to see how Mudd breaks the game.

Can I vote that we don't do any more cards made by the masses?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think it'd be good if he just had a simple game text dealing with Crime cards. Could be as simple as 'add Crime to an event you own' or so. But I do like the idea of something with random selections too.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
qazed wrote:Can I vote that we don't do any more cards made by the masses?
I think this is an exceedingly unfair statement. I hope we continue doing Will of the Collective for a long time, as well as other community-based projects.

-crp

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
qazed wrote:Can I vote that we don't do any more cards made by the masses?
Sure - just keep quiet from here on in.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I think it'd be good if he just had a simple game text dealing with Crime cards.
:thumbsup:
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I think it'd be good if he just had a simple game text dealing with Crime cards. Could be as simple as 'add Crime to an event you own' or so. But I do like the idea of something with random selections too.
I wouldn't mind if the simple game text deals with both crime and smuggler, smuggler is just so underused.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
qazed wrote:the Headset making a broken deck.
Thanks for being another one not realizing that not VR made a broken deck but the combination of many cards spread out over all expansions !!!

I'd love the idea of selling people :P Maybe something like "once per turn a random selection made where this personell is present is your choice instead" - This would cover both dilemmas and some other nasty stuff like random assimilation or capturing.

Because of his Secret Identity Leo Walsh in his first appearance I would love to see any build in possibility of bringing him back by replacing when facing Secret Identity or Caretaker's Guests without making him non-unique. But maybe this combined with the random selection choice would be too much...

And of course he has to be a Thief, Smuggler, Gatherer, Founder, Admiral, and every other keyword he might probably have ever been in his life :D

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
You could combine 2 ideas here.

He could prevent smugglers (including himself) from being randomly selected. Obviously you'd want some condition or cost added.
Question for noob

Crossover or Temporal Micro-wormhole should both w[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]