Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
thsch wrote:Rewards you for lying to or tricking your opponent.
Bleugh :( This just reminds me of this.

"Protects Thief personnel, Smuggler personnel and/or Crime cards" all the way! :thumbsup:

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
thsch wrote:Rewards you for lying to or tricking your opponent.
Bleugh :( This just reminds me of this.

"Protects Thief personnel, Smuggler personnel and/or Crime cards" all the way! :thumbsup:
Lol, is that a real card? That's pretty funny.

I have two problems with the 'protect stuff' option; firstly, you can't use it any deck, in fact you might only be able to use it in a specific Thief/Smuggler deck, and I thought the big drawcard of Mudd was that he'd be NA so everyone but borg can utilize him; secondly, it lends itself to a bland card.

By Nermal
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
ZodoJats wrote:Lol, is that a real card? That's pretty funny.
Unglued and Unhinged are both sets filled with funny cards... the cards (except basic land) are not legal in any tournament format (except "Un-format").

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Here is another update. If you don't like it, you only a few hours left to vote!

What name should be used for the Harry Mudd card?
Harcourt Fenton Mudd 61
Harry Mudd 29

What concept should be used for the First Edition card?
Boosts females present. 29
Influences gender related dilemmas. 22
Negates downloads. 13
Cycles through Crime cards. 9
Just a special download. 7

What concept should be used for the Second Edition card?
Rewards you for lying to or tricking your opponent. 23
Protects Thief personnel, Smuggler personnel and/or Crime cards. 23
'Sell' copies of your cards in your discard pile for some benefit. 11
Deck manipulation ('sell' cards in your hand / deck for some benefit) 9
Works with personnel you own but do not command. 8

Due to technical problems votes for the two 'Sell' options cast before Monday 12PM EDT have not been counted. If you have voted for one of these options please check the voting page and recast your vote if necessary! We apologize for any inconvenience.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
thsch wrote:Due to technical problems votes for the two 'Sell' options cast before Monday 12PM EDT have not been counted. If you have voted for one of these options please check the voting page and recast your vote if necessary! We apologize for any inconvenience.
Not that I voted (or want to vote) for either of the options, but maybe it's good to have this announcement on the front page as well? Some people might have voted, but not visiting the forums. The two options are a little bit behind now, but you don't know if that is because of the voting option didn't work, or they aren't popular.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thsch wrote: 'Sell' copies of your cards in your discard pile for some benefit. 11
Deck manipulation ('sell' cards in your hand / deck for some benefit) 9
One problem is that those of us who like the idea of 'selling' cards are splitting our vote between two great options. We need to come to a consensus on which is better and focus the vote if we want this to win.

I actually suggested that he sell cards to the opponent from their discard pile. That way you could steal from them (destroy and event/off a key personnel) and then entice them to buy it back before you Dukat it away.

I do like both options, though I did vote for from discard pile. How would the other methods work?

Order- Choose a personnel that you command. You're opponent may take command of him or her. If they do, you score 5 points.

Order- Reveal your hand. Your opponent may choose to discard any card from your hand. Score 5 points for each card discarded this way.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm pretty sure I was the one who suggested the deck manipulation 'sell' option.

I agree that they should really just be one option, as the only difference is picking between discard pile or anything else - hopefully they'll add them together before the final tally.

A few of my ideas were things like:

Order - Discard a card and place your hand beneath your deck to download a card.
or
When the ship this personnel is aboard moves from an opponent's mission, you may place a personnel present on the bottom of their owner's deck to draw five cards or score 5 points. You may use this personnel's ability only once each turn.

I'd rather sell stuff from in play, than in discard, because I see your discard pile as stuff that has already been destroyed/killed etc. But right now, neither will win because they steal each other's votes.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
We're working on getting everything set up for the next step; I'm hopeful we'll have an article up tomorrow for you to start submitting ideas.

-crp
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MidnightLich wrote:We're working on getting everything set up for the next step...
Not to bring up an old topic, but I have some burning questions.

We've actually been really luck the past two WOTCs to create card that have fit perfectly into the theme of the expansion. Will we be four for four?

You mentioned that if a persona was 'in the books' for an expansion we wouldn't be able to work with them. Were there any that were cut due to their appearance in S&S?

Along those lines, would the Relativity have pushed any cards back from S&S?

At one point there was a 99% chance that Mudd would be NA. Now that this percentage has increased, please expand on the missing percent.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]