Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I wish to clarify my earlier idea. Turning a random selection into a choice would actually prevent a lot of the "pretty face" girls from using their abilities, so I was thinking something more along the lines of increasing the odds of the pretty faces being selected. Perhaps even by increasing the number of random selections.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:I wish to clarify my earlier idea. Turning a random selection into a choice would actually prevent a lot of the "pretty face" girls from using their abilities, so I was thinking something more along the lines of increasing the odds of the pretty faces being selected. Perhaps even by increasing the number of random selections.
How about something like "If you have [number] [condition/keyword/whatever] present, each time a card would randomly select a personnel present you command, instead randomly select [other number/some amount times as many as would have been selected] and choose [number that would have been selected from among those just selected]"?

Worded terribly, but that's one implementation...
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Remember that the goal here is come up with a concept, not exact game text. Probably "making additional random selections happen," is a concept. The exact mechanics are not the issue yet.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Just FYI, the concepts have been sent to our design teams and they are currently pairing them down to a manageable number. I hope to have the vote up for you guys late this week or early next.

-crp

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It would be cool if he could avoid all non-random selections. As in, the opponent cannot choose Mudd and you also cannot choose Mudd (he's slippery), but he can be randomly selected.

Unlike many cards in the game.

I also think it would be cool if he could sell the opponent's stolen items back to them (ala Neil's Rassmusen), but instead giving them the choice to take a card from discard pile into play. Sort of a reverse Guardian; said opponent can raise a card at the cost of giving you 5 points.

The trick to using this Mudd would be to put cards that they would definitely want back into their discard pile. I also think that this should be opponent's choice. As good of a con-man as Mudd may have been, he only had success with the suckers and sometimes a deal went just as badly for him (Khan!).
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MidnightLich wrote:Just FYI, the concepts have been sent to our design teams and they are currently pairing them down to a manageable number. -crp
Charlie,

I think the question we all have is what do they think of my concepts?

Faithful Reader
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
The problem with any "selling his girls" is how to really define them. One way as mentioned before is to define them by looking at their STRENGTH. But to be honest, it would not be a nice selling offer if your customer gets Admiral McCoy who has a STRENGTH of 3... :P

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
ZodoJats wrote:McCoy must be putting some hours in the gym, last I checked he had Strength 2. :wink:
Being a hundred and forty, he's probably got a lot of artificial parts in him. Good ones, like Scotty might make.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Got me... :cheersL:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
qazed wrote:Can I vote that we don't do any more cards made by the masses?
I think this is an exceedingly unfair statement. I hope we continue doing Will of the Collective for a long time, as well as other community-based projects.
:thumbsup:

Although, if Mudd ends up being broken like the last two ...

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
JanewaysToy wrote:Although, if Mudd ends up being broken like the last two ...
You're joking, right?

The majority of the community thought this thing sucked balls when it first hit the scene. It did almost nothing to improve Terok Nor's chances of serious play. It costs 5, has a heap of restrictions AND a "once per turn" limiter, but somehow ends up with the broken label.

The card's not broken. Calling VRH broken is like calling Friction or Bustling with Activity (two of the other three lockdown cards) broken, but no one's said that yet, have they?
European OP Coordinator
 -  
JanewaysToy wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:
qazed wrote:Can I vote that we don't do any more cards made by the masses?
I think this is an exceedingly unfair statement. I hope we continue doing Will of the Collective for a long time, as well as other community-based projects.
:thumbsup:

Although, if Mudd ends up being broken like the last two ...
The only card I remember that was broken by itself was the Gal'Gathong. Especially the two WotC cards are good, strong of course, but they are not broken. THE DECK DEVELOPED INCLUDING WEYOUN; FRICTION; VR AND A LOT OF OTHER STUFF IS BROKEN. Be serious, if there isn't a so strong ability as Weyoun's VR is ok...

But nevertheless I have a new suggestion for Mudd: "When you play this personell and do not command anoher personell you automatically win the game." :shifty:
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
Would inserting "That personnel is stopped." into VR head set make things more balanced? I think it should, but since I havn't tried the decks I am not sure.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Linkan wrote:Would inserting "That personnel is stopped." into VR head set make things more balanced? I think it should, but since I havn't tried the decks I am not sure.
That would only help in regards to things like Holding Cell, you could still use Weyoun every turn: You play Weyoun and VR Headset early, and then when you use Weyoun, you use VR to put another one in - stopped. Next turn, you use Weyoun and play another one - stopped. And so on.
If you were to try and fix the combo by changing VR headset you could either make it an event - my choice - or you could make it unable to play Weyoun, for instance only play personnel of cost 3 or less. But really they should just change Weyoun.

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]