This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Today I’m running a sealed event in Manchester followed by an exclusive preview tournament using the Project Jellyfish revamped TNG starter decks!

The 1E boards have been a little quiet this week so I want to see some activity! What are you looking forward to about revisiting TNG Block? What do you want to see?

If we get enough posts, I’ll send an exclusive preview to Dan to put on Social Media and here!
:shifty:
Meh, 14 posts (4 of which are me)* doesn’t feel enough to justify a spoiler yet. Where’s the inevitable request for the Gatherers? I’m a harsh taskmaster and IF there’s a spoiler coming, I’m gonna make you work for it!

* now 15 / 5
Gatherers? What Gatherers? They should've been in the last set... just sayin :-)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Quite a few things should have been in the last set, but weren't.

In exchange, we got more boring universals! Yay...
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
EHCCGPP wrote:Quite a few things should have been in the last set, but weren't.

In exchange, we got more boring universals! Yay...
Who said they’re all Universals? :shifty:
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Meh, 14 posts (4 of which are me)* doesn’t feel enough to justify a spoiler yet. Where’s the inevitable request for the Gatherers? I’m a harsh taskmaster and IF there’s a spoiler coming, I’m gonna make you work for it!
Gatherers? What Gatherers? They should've been in the last set... just sayin :-)
I've just left the table-flip-machine running since Metamorphosis launched without Gatherers:

By Davey1983
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I mostly want to see TNG borg. If not a full fledged Borg affiliated deck, then some new people and tricks for non-aligned borg.

TNG maquis is my second vote/hope.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
edgeofhearing wrote:Gatherers
I'd rather see that ghost that bangs Beverly with [DL] Howard Heirloom Candle

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
*Niall changes his Project En Garde set to Bev vs Horny Space Ghosts*

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:What are you looking forward to about revisiting TNG Block? What do you want to see?
I'm looking forward to up-to-date decks that I can keep handy for teaching. Hopefully a small set of pre-made decks for non-gamers in my life.

I will echo that TNG Borg or Cardies would be great. Really anything that revamps PAQ cards is a win in my book. I don't get the Gatherers obsession though...

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Where's our freaking Thadiun Okona!?!?!?

The fact that he's the Han Solo of the Star Trek Universe and the new Solo movie comes out this week...leaves me wondering, WHEN we'll get our 1E love of this guy!!!!!!?????

~D

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Still waiting for Battleship Enterprise and Battleship crew.

The rest of the AGT senior staff comes to mind, along with Nell from the Pasteur.

I'm trying to figure out how we have a cadet theme without a cadet version of Sito Jaxa.

Non-Aligned Wesley Crusher might be nice to see, those were some good skills. And a Traveler with real skills would be nice too.

Wish I knew what to suggest to help the Klingons and Romulans. There are probably something but I don't know what. Cardassian and Borg support would be great, at least in terms of doing a [1E-TNG] only version.

Not sure the big reason behind Gatherer support but considering it's sub theme I wouldn't mind seeing it. Not holding my breath for Okun either but hey...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
At the risk of derailing the thread further, weren't we promised an article at one point on why certain cards didn't make the cut and if they're in the plans for the future and if so when?

Because I get the excuse that no one person was going to be happy with which cards made it in and which card didn't and I accept the validity of said excuse, but I have a caveat to that: In my mind, the goal of Metamorphosis was to get everything cool out of the BC card pool before said pool was filled with toxic waste and boarded over. There ended up being some cool things left in that pool, either because they'll maybe get used in sets years down the road (lame IMO) or... really just because. It kind of feels there should have been a lot more erring on the side of caution here.

:twocents:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
frakkingoff wrote:I would like to see a mechanic that uses or sets the "Q" value for Mortal Q's cunning. To me, this is very much a broken link from the PAQ era.
I've brought this up before myself and encountered a LOT of resistance on it.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]