This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:Can you Quantum Slipstream Drive from a Time Location?
Unclear. The only condition is that range is fully available, so as long as that condition is true I'd say yes.

However, you'd have to land on a spaceline location, so I'm almost 100% sure you couldn't slipstream TO a time location. And if time locations aren't considered spaceline locations, then maybe you can only end up at the end of whatever spaceline you're doing this with?

I definitely think this is a question worthy of a Rules clarification
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
No.

Time locations are not spaceline locations.

Even if QSD were worded more vaguely, you still cannot move between a time location and any spaceline unless a card specifically allows such movement. Such cards nearly always use the exact phrase "time travel" in their gametext.* If it doesn't say "time," it almost definitely can't time travel.

This, incidentally, is why you cannot move Raptor Two directly from Drone Control Room to Raptor One on the spaceline. Raptor Two must first time travel to the spaceline, THEN use full RANGE to move to Raptor One (on any spaceline). It seems to be a common misconception that Raptor Two's gametext allows it to time travel.

*(Only exceptions I can think of are very specific relocator cards like The Warp Five Program and The Spires of Romulus, which are explicit about allowing from time location to/from the spaceline.)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:This, incidentally, is why you cannot move Raptor Two directly from Drone Control Room to Raptor One on the spaceline. Raptor Two must first time travel to the spaceline, THEN use full RANGE to move to Raptor One (on any spaceline). It seems to be a common misconception that Raptor Two's gametext allows it to time travel.

*(Only exceptions I can think of are very specific relocator cards like The Warp Five Program and The Spires of Romulus, which are explicit about allowing from time location to/from the spaceline.)
Well, I definitely played the Raptors wrong if that's true. And I think the others I've seen playing them have as well. (Though, with Protect the Timeline, it was effectively the same thing, even if I skipped the step of travelling to the "present".)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:No.

Time locations are not spaceline locations.

Even if QSD were worded more vaguely, you still cannot move between a time location and any spaceline unless a card specifically allows such movement. Such cards nearly always use the exact phrase "time travel" in their gametext.* If it doesn't say "time," it almost definitely can't time travel.

This, incidentally, is why you cannot move Raptor Two directly from Drone Control Room to Raptor One on the spaceline. Raptor Two must first time travel to the spaceline, THEN use full RANGE to move to Raptor One (on any spaceline). It seems to be a common misconception that Raptor Two's gametext allows it to time travel.

Ugh. I was about to yell at you that Wormhole is the counterexample to this whole line of thinking, but then I saw they covered that bit with the errata and now it makes it even more likely that you're right. :P

Why you make Benhosp sad, James? :(
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Why you make Benhosp sad, James? :(
Honestly, I was hoping this would make him happy. Around here, most questions about QSD pertain to "how much do I have to worry about QSD?" rather than "what can I do with QSD?"

Ah, well.

And, yep, Wormhole's errata was issued precisely because it was the last exception to this rule in the game. It was listed explicitly in the Glossary by Decipher as an absolutely arbitrary decision to the general rule on time travel.
(Though, with Protect the Timeline, it was effectively the same thing, even if I skipped the step of travelling to the "present".)
Yeah, thanks to PTT, it doesn't really slow down Drone battling in a [22] [Rom] deck. It does slow down the solver teams who go with Drones a tad, since PTT is once-each-turn. Solver teams have to either wait a turn or use an alternate (more expensive) mode of time travel. It also makes Drone battling harder to splash into a random non- [22] [Rom] deck, since such decks won't be able to use PTT for Drone movement at all.

But your deck was a [22] [Rom] deck that didn't give a crap about solving, so you'd be totally unaffected. :P

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Around here, most questions about QSD pertain to "how much do I have to worry about QSD?" rather than "what can I do with QSD?"
VICTORY IS LIFE

[Dom]
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Around here, most questions about QSD pertain to "how much do I have to worry about QSD?" rather than "what can I do with QSD?"
VICTORY IS LIFE

[Dom]
And there is the reason for the question, everyone! :)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like how we try to be polite and not name-names or spoil anything. Then Kevin walks in and just says "yeah, it was me". LOL 8)

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]