This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As I always say if you get the future enterprise with admiral riker you are shorting yourself.

Heres a better way

Play admiral riker
Download uss enterprise command version
Download wall of ships via uss enterprise
Download future enterprise

My way you get 2 great ships for the same price.

Klingons and romulans have ships equal to the future enterprise. Honestly in some ways better. Since they can attack you.

Romulan

Scimitar (Chain of Command)

Klingon

I.K.C. Chang and it's sister ship are awesome.

Bojarian

Bajoran Warship

I could go on but as you see everyone has one really awesome ship. My biggest complaint is it is hard to play the Bajoran Warship with all Bojarian restrictions and limited tng Bojarians.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:Admiral Riker
Future Enterprise

So what does everybody think?

Too strong? Just right?

I think The Cage throwing us lots of great [1E-AU] Feds and the ability to pump them out with The Final Frontier pushes the power too much.

Either give other affiliations 13 range ships or something needs a nerf in my opinion.
It only has 9 shields. If it annoys you that much, just blow it up! :twisted:

... Or at least damage it. It's not nearly so hot-Roddy when it's gimping along with Range 5.

Or if it Really Really REALLY bothers you, and you want to get crazy with it, there's always the play the U.S.S. Pasteur and I.K.C. Chang and hit em with the nemesis icon trick. It takes a bit of setup, but get that to hit once and it will likely devastate your opponent.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Moral of the story: look for answers in-game before calling for errata.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Future Enterprise

Too strong? Just right?

I think The Cage throwing us lots of great [1E-AU] Feds and the ability to pump them out with The Final Frontier pushes the power too much.

Either give other affiliations 13 range ships or something needs a nerf in my opinion.
The other downside to this is that in a TOS deck, you are costing yourself at least one discard with Five Year Mission if you play Riker, and it also denies you access to Prepare Landing Party

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Future Enterprise

Too strong? Just right?

It only has 9 shields. If it annoys you that much, just blow it up! :twisted:

... Or at least damage it. It's not nearly so hot-Roddy when it's gimping along with Range 5.

Or if it Really Really REALLY bothers you, and you want to get crazy with it, there's always the play the U.S.S. Pasteur and I.K.C. Chang and hit em with the nemesis icon trick. It takes a bit of setup, but get that to hit once and it will likely devastate your opponent.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Moral of the story: look for answers in-game before calling for errata.
Attachments:
64530.png
64530.png (75.13 KiB) Viewed 1124 times

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Blow it up? It has a cloaking device so it requires even more setup than just having a battle fleet. Assuming you can even keep up with it.

The staffing was always the drawback with Future Enterprise which kept it balanced.

The Final Frontier and a few extra [OS] personnel have swung that balance.

Also the thing with Pasteur doesn't seem to work as it says "your" not all.

I guess it doesn't land, that's a drawback :P

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My Experience with the Big E is that it's good but not nearly all it's cracked up to be in practice. On paper it looks like a monster but the reality is that it's a pretty good ship that is just particularly zippy is all...
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:Blow it up? It has a cloaking device so it requires even more setup than just having a battle fleet. Assuming you can even keep up with it.
But if it stays cloaked, it's not attempting missions. (Unless they're going whole-hog on this plan and stocking Scan Cycle Check... and that doesn't get them their space mission).

Cloaking is a lovely mechanic (and one that doesn't get used enough IMO), but it's no win-button.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:Cloak is not necessary as good as phase cloak anyway.

Stellar flare still hits cloaked ships for example.
Oh, phase cloak is super awesome... but you still have to come out when it's time to attempt missions. ;)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
the future enterprise is one of the sexiest cards ive ever seen for any game.

every time i look at it i still feel the same excitement as when i first saw it.

since the game is about getting to missions and solving them range is the most important stat. i love a federation ship with cloaking.

it doesnt seem to be discussed much or used in many decks so i dont think its too powerful right now.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Cloaking Device or Phasing Cloak are AWESOME when you have a reporting engine that lets you report personnel aboard your ship without needing to uncloak or unphase.

I once lost my outpost to a Kazon battle deck but I was able to cloak my Klingon ship and use Legitimate Leader of the Empire to keep playing Honor personnel aboard. I ended up winning when I solved his two 40+ point space missions.

Some of the cards that allow personnel to report directly to a cloaked/phased ship (note: you might need a Stolen Cloaking Device):

Always a Chess Game
Illegitimate Leader of the Empire
Legitimate Leader of the Empire
Holodeck Door
Crew Reassignment (lets [1E-AU] personnel report directly to the Future Enterprise)
Cybernetics Expertise
The Emissary
Federation Flagship: Relaunched
Finest Crew in the Fleet
Here by Invitation
Home Away From Home
Holoprograms
Joint Operation
Mercenary Raiders
The Kazon Collective
The Vidiian Sodality
These Are the Voyages
They Call Themselves the Maquis
They Will Be Coming (Tomalak of Borg gives Borg ships Cloaking Devices)
Training Cruise
Bajoran Resistance Cell
Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Do you think the Admiral Riker trick should be enabled for other affiliations? Or should it be something left just to Feds? Should we make a Shinzon that can [DL] Scimitar? Or, as others have said, is Riker too good in the modern era?

All thoughts are welcome.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Do you think the Admiral Riker trick should be enabled for other affiliations? Or should it be something left just to Feds? Should we make a Shinzon that can [DL] Scimitar? Or, as others have said, is Riker too good in the modern era?

-crp
To the extent Riker is "too good" it's a symptom of [DL] being "too good"

Ditto [OS] [Equ] cards and the people who [DL] them.

Ditto bugout cards and the people who [DL] them.

Start there, fix that, and THEN you can properly ask the question of whether or not Riker is "too good."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Do you think the Admiral Riker trick should be enabled for other affiliations? Or should it be something left just to Feds? Should we make a Shinzon that can [DL] Scimitar? Or, as others have said, is Riker too good in the modern era?

-crp
To the extent Riker is "too good" it's a symptom of [DL] being "too good"

Ditto [OS] [Equ] cards and the people who [DL] them.

Ditto bugout cards and the people who [DL] them.

Start there, fix that, and THEN you can properly ask the question of whether or not Riker is "too good."
If you get rid of the Tos equipment downloads you pretty much destroy everything they have honestly. It would be like taking away ds9 from ds9 decks.

I'm tired of everyone trying to nerf everything. Why not make everything else better for once. 22nd century to go so let's nerf it and nerf it and nerf it. The cage comes out and is a speed demon over everything else. Tos has way too much stuff that seeds now. It makes it impossible for some decks to keep up with that speed.
Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're right[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]