This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Lee Carver wrote:What's the best way to find ad hoc games for Lackey? Don't see anyone logged in when I'm usually on. Can we post through Facebook Continuing Committee group?
Hi! We have a pretty active scheduling channel as well as an Online League you can participate in. We have about 250 members to play with.

The invite link is in my signature below or here: https://discord.com/invite/rsRy5GV

TK
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Just stumbled in the lackey forum on some not much documented scripting features.

https://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=12809.0
old: https://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1801.0
old: https://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2134.0

any ideas what to do with them, like auto flipping dilemmas and [HA] cards?

Edit: Access Archives no longer OTF and Ensign Davies

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Automatically setting counters for countdowns comes to mind.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
eberlems wrote: Edit: Access Archives no longer OTF and Ensign Davies
Thanks!!!

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
I don't know if this is the correct place to report this, but one of the 1E plugins I downloaded from the github address in this thread had a trojan virus in it buried in a file labelled "1elackskillz.exe" - It was the Wacacac trojan virus.

Somebody might want to clean that plugin up?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Neelix wrote:I don't know if this is the correct place to report this, but one of the 1E plugins I downloaded from the github address in this thread had a trojan virus in it buried in a file labelled "1elackskillz.exe" - It was the Wacacac trojan virus.

Somebody might want to clean that plugin up?
:shock:

Do we all need to purge Lackey now?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I know that file has caused, what were at least described as, false positives before.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
False positive, it's a very old vb program that was packed to half the size... something that in the last decade or so has been considered indicative of injected trojan executable.

On top of that, it doesn't run on modern Windows machines without Active-X controls. I always got use out of the tool, but probably not a worthwhile include in the plugin any more.
Attachments:
Unpacked exe (less likely to false positive)
(47.79 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Tim wrote:False positive, it's a very old vb program that was packed to half the size... something that in the last decade or so has been considered indicative of injected trojan executable.

On top of that, it doesn't run on modern Windows machines without Active-X controls. I always got use out of the tool, but probably not a worthwhile include in the plugin any more.
Ah, whew, great to hear that's a "false positive" -- thanks!

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hello all, it was pointed out that not all links and bundles were up to date in the first message of this thread. That message has now been cleaned up and updated according to latest information and links. Let me know if any further updates, or tips and tricks would be suitable in any of those first few messages in the thread, then I'll update those accordingly, to make sure that information is as easy to find as possible!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I just made this video to talk about how to use Lackey once you have it installed. I plan to put it in the FAQ on the site as well.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I just made this video to talk about how to use Lackey once you have it installed. I plan to put it in the FAQ on the site as well.
Great! The first post have been updated with the link and basic description from the youtube description.

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]