This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By foul_owl
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but something like a Plasmadyne Relay reports to an output and is then hidden after the opponent gets a chance to read it.

If I choose to beam it to a ship, the ship has +2 range.

Does the opponent have to know that? How is that handled? Certainly if they notice the ship moving slightly farther than it should, the question might come up.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
foul_owl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but something like a Plasmadyne Relay reports to an output and is then hidden after the opponent gets a chance to read it.

Does the opponent have to know that? How is that handled? Certainly if they notice the ship moving slightly farther than it should, the question might come up.
Yeah. See the 'Showing your cards' entry in the glossary.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
links

Specifically,
Afterwards, your opponent may only see your Personnel and Equipment cards when necessary, such as during personnel battle, for an "opponent's choice" selection or when you must prove you have a particular skill, staffing icon, etc.
You need to verify the increased range when you use more than the printed amount.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
foul_owl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but something like a Plasmadyne Relay reports to an output and is then hidden after the opponent gets a chance to read it.

The general answer is no. IF you never try to use the relay for range or shields, I don't see a reason why the opponent has to know that you have it on your ship, outpost, away team, etc.

Though, I find for friendly games with my regular playgroup, that kind of information is freely shared. We don't find trying to be laywers while playing star trek is a fun or useful thing. Also, we are usually drunk. Sometimes, I do it on purpose. Like...I have 4 relays and an ablative armor, go ahead and attack me. Like showing a bluff in poker, sometimes it has it's use.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation