This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirRogue, Achievements Master wrote:First Edition - It must have at least 66 cards total, including no more than 30 seed cards, at least 30 draw cards, and six missions.
I like these new settings, though I wonder how they'll affect the 1E minimal achievement. Am I wrong in thinking that it was previously 30,24,6?

Also, in 1E a player has never had to have 30 seed cards. This might not be much of an issue since a player could always use a bunch of Hidden Agenda ref cards to fill out a deck.

But we also have the September Return to Talos IV online tournament coming up. We went old school with the rules, so everybody has to do 30, 24, 6 (it's not easy to build a skinny deck.) I'd hate to see those decks excluded from achievements just because somebody (me) added a silly rule.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Are you missing something, or am I?
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
SirRogue, Achievements Master wrote:no more than 30 seed cards
24 is no more than 30.

I would say 30 (deck),24 (seed),6 (missions) still qualifies.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
SirRogue, Achievements Master wrote:First Edition - It must have at least 66 cards total, including no more than 30 seed cards, at least 30 draw cards, and six missions.
I like these new settings, though I wonder how they'll affect the 1E minimal achievement. Am I wrong in thinking that it was previously 30,24,6?
This is how it's always been in 1e - the 30/30 rule with missions seeding for free.
(Ok, not "always", I believe missions (and sites) seeded for free since DS9, or it might have been FC, not sure).

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's the 'at lest 66 cards' part that is an issue. The September Talos IV decks will be 60 cards exactly across the board.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I have no inside information, but I can think of examples of what some could be, in theory:

(1E)
- at least 6 (or whatever number) Chula Dilemmas (or Clown, etc)
- all dilemmas have the TNG (or whichever) property logo

(2E)
- all dilemmas have no skill requirements
- all Persistent (or Consume, etc)

(both)
- no space/planet dilemmas
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
commdecker wrote:I have no inside information, but I can think of examples of what some could be, in theory:

(1E)
- at least 6 (or whatever number) Chula Dilemmas (or Clown, etc)
- all dilemmas have the TNG (or whichever) property logo

(2E)
- all dilemmas have no skill requirements
- all Persistent (or Consume, etc)

(both)
- no space/planet dilemmas
Win a tournament without using any rare dilemmas perhaps? Easier to do in a sealed tournament!

Achievements for entire decks consisting of just one property logo would be good too. And a 1E Strange Bedfellows achievement for Multi-affiliation lovers. "You're playing Kazon and Starfleet???"

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Maybe there's one for not using dual dilemmas?

By Boon of Bolian (Rem Boon)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Is there any word about getting achievements with the mission to Talos decks?
I put mine in the deckbuilder, but it doesn't say it is elegible for any achievements, while it is a rare chance to get some of the specia ones.
Maybe the treshold could be lowered to 24 seed cards. In most cases it will give most of the players dillemas.
Or for this tournament the players could add ther missions to their seed cards too (duplicating the missions in the deck) so that it will add up to 66 cards.

Thanks in advance,

BoB
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Emperor
nobthehobbit wrote:Maybe there's one for not using dual dilemmas?
Balancing Act
Play in a 1E tournament with a deck containing no dual dilemmas.
Earned by 0 people.

Balance of Terror
Win a 1E tournament with a deck containing no dual dilemmas.
Earned by 0 people.

Can't Have It Both Ways
Play in a 2E tournament with a dilemma pile with no dual dilemmas.
Earned by 0 people.

The Right Tool for the Right Job
Win a 2E tournament with a dilemma pile with no dual dilemmas.
Earned by 0 people.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Emperor
KazonPADD wrote: Achievements for entire decks consisting of just one property logo would be good too.
This would be great, but none of the cards are "tagged" in the database with property logo, so the deck builder can't recognize this. I believe there have been rumblings of trying to start a project to rectify this omission. I'm sure if we had some volunteers to help out with this, it could become a possibility...
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Emperor
Boon of Bolian wrote:Is there any word about getting achievements with the mission to Talos decks?
I'm okay with duplicating missions in your seed section for the purpose of this tournament format only. Maelwys agrees. We will not revoke any achievements earned this way for this particular format purpose.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
SirRogue wrote:
KazonPADD wrote: Achievements for entire decks consisting of just one property logo would be good too.
This would be great, but none of the cards are "tagged" in the database with property logo, so the deck builder can't recognize this. I believe there have been rumblings of trying to start a project to rectify this omission. I'm sure if we had some volunteers to help out with this, it could become a possibility...
Volunteers.

By Boon of Bolian (Rem Boon)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SirRogue wrote:
Boon of Bolian wrote:Is there any word about getting achievements with the mission to Talos decks?
I'm okay with duplicating missions in your seed section for the purpose of this tournament format only. Maelwys agrees. We will not revoke any achievements earned this way for this particular format purpose.
Nice to now this is possible. Probably we should tag the description with mission to talons 1st round.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]