This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 126 posts

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Dukat wrote:Well ...
The third article has been placed in the system.

It now needs to be checked and after that, it won't be long before it becomes published.

I know that due to the very long time between the first and the second article, some quite doubted that there won't be a third one ;-).

Be assured ... I intend to write all 8 articles.

I already began work on the fourth.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Dukat wrote:Be assured ... I intend to write all 8 articles..
Great to hear. I'm a big fan of your articles.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Awesome news! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I just read the first two and love it! I had a dominion deck 12 or so years ago that I really enjoyed. Might start building one again. Do a lot of people have draw decks in the 60-100 card range nowdays? That was unheard of when I played last.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Aprilsrain wrote:I just read the first two and love it! I had a dominion deck 12 or so years ago that I really enjoyed. Might start building one again. Do a lot of people have draw decks in the 60-100 card range nowdays? That was unheard of when I played last.
Most people do not ...

But the unique way of building a Dominion deck requires such a deck size.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Phew!

Part 3 was some read.

Good job sir, great to see the series up and running again.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Agreed - a great read - and really tempting me to try out some Dominion Shenanigans again!

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
the most problematic thing for most users would be not having those cards in mutliples. While the Young Jem´hadar are printable, most other cards are not. Therefore: 5x Luaran? Not probable, Even harder to come by are the interrupts (more so the 2E interrupts).

Apart from that: great article!

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
I thought about the problem of getting the right cards ...

However, if I kept in mind which cards are available and which are not, then my articles would be based not on my experiences, but on economic factors.

That would make them incomplete.

Besides:
- in Lackey, you can use all the cards you want
- we don't know which cards will become printable some day

Apart from that: I am glad that my articles are of interest.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Excellent article, thanks very much :cheersL:

It's far too much for me to digest in one go, but I shall save it for future reference. Much appreciated!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:the most problematic thing for most users would be not having those cards in mutliples. While the Young Jem´hadar are printable, most other cards are not. Therefore: 5x Luaran? Not probable, Even harder to come by are the interrupts (more so the 2E interrupts).

Here you go. If you don't get 5x Luran I'm sure you could find someone on here who would trade for the rest out of the stock you got from the rest of the case (also gives you everything you would need to play mirror universe).

http://www.wholesalegaming.biz/startrek ... irrorcase/

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
maverick2909 wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:the most problematic thing for most users would be not having those cards in mutliples. While the Young Jem´hadar are printable, most other cards are not. Therefore: 5x Luaran? Not probable, Even harder to come by are the interrupts (more so the 2E interrupts).

Here you go. If you don't get 5x Luran I'm sure you could find someone on here who would trade for the rest out of the stock you got from the rest of the case (also gives you everything you would need to play mirror universe).

Even though he's printable now, I can still imagine the pain of someone who got one of those... and still didn't get a First Officer Spock.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:
maverick2909 wrote:

Even though he's printable now, I can still imagine the pain of someone who got one of those... and still didn't get a First Officer Spock.
Isn't it guaranteed? I thought the way the printed cards that in a case you were guaranteed at least one UR because it was a full print run plus half another or something like that? That's why you can get two UR's some times. At least every case I've opened I've gotten at least one if not two UR's.

By Zef'No
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
maverick2909 wrote:Isn't it guaranteed?
Nothing is guaranteed, it's all random. Obviously the more packs you buy, the greater the probability that you will get any specific one, but it's never guaranteed - you might be really unlucky!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation