This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 129 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Once again, my attempts to help cause trauma! :D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I sort of did the opposite when I started sorting my 1e collection: I started with Dave's spreadsheet (because i had a vague memory of someone creating one and a little thread digging found it) and then i built my own based on the general structure of his but with the main difference being i have split the list so each major expansion set has its own tab. I also re-jiggered the order of the columns so that I could do VLookups if needed.

Still, having a starting point was a definite time saver, and for that I am grateful! :cheersL:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I imagine yours has a metric ton of tabs then. :)

And for the sake of both our sanity, I shall refrain from paraphrasing Dr. Leah Brahms' last speech (which became her card's lore) from "Booby Trap". ;)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
adhesiveslipper wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:Once again, my attempts to help cause trauma! :D
Someday... Someday we'll get past this, together.
In all seriousness though, welcome to the board, and I'm glad you're enjoying the spreadsheet. Started as something just for me, and I decided why not share it with the board, you know?

Labor of love. As silly as this game can get at times, I've had a lot of fun with it over the years.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I'll echo everyone else. This is a great resource, thanks. Some day I'll figure out how to sort it to match my crazy sorting scheme.

Although now I kinda want to make an AU Hologram to break the 1E/Virtual tab. Maybe the Revised Voyager crew :D

Seriously though it gets me thinking about some of the "orphan" cards that were made promos but don't live in a proper set. Tribunal of Q, Slar, Q's Tent: Civil War, Seven of Nine, and Surprise Party don't really have a set they belong to. They should live somewhere on the 1E Virtual tab, but alas, I don't know if they will ever. Hm, well Surprise Party appears because it was in TNG: Supplemental. The other though... have to do some thinking about sort order.

A few questions. I skimmed through the previous comments but didn't see an answer. If I missed it I apologize...
Why are some of the rows italicised?
Why is Data Laughing in the Misc section but U.S.S. Jupiter in the 1E section?
Are the original Decipher Tournament Foils somewhere?

Thanks again for all the work that 1) went into making this and 2) goes into keeping it up.

Edit: Aha! I found the Data Laughing in the 2PG section. Were they different cards?
Edit2: Aaaand... italics is for universal. Got it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Designing cards specifically to break my system? I admit, that amuses me quite a bit. :D Though I would probably sort [1E-AU] [Holo] as AH, just as cards with both [KCA] & [TE] are noted as KT.

I will have to do a little bit of a redesign when the Core Reprint List becomes live, and that might take care of some of the "orphaned" cards.

Data Laughing was originally released as an insert in the now VERY outdated Strategy Guide, hence the set notation there being SG. I don't know if there's any difference between the card there and the card in the 2PG. There may or may not be a different year on it (don't know because I didn't get one myself). But when I added the WB & Misc tab, I wanted to put in every possible option.

I don't have the original Decipher foils in there because I could never find a list of them. I figured they'd be rare enough that someone who wanted to track them could add a tab manually to do it.

And yes, italicized lines are ❖ cards.
Last edited by Boffo97 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Star Trek 50 Update! Copying and Pasting previous update instructions and updating relevant information because I'm lazy!

As always, download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31822673/STCCG.xls

Simple upgrade instructions:

1. Save above link to different location/filename from your existing inventory.
2. Open both spreadsheets and select tab "1E Virtual" in both.
3. Copy lines 1286-1303 from the new spreadsheet to the old spreadsheet.
4. Go to "1E VPs" tab in both spreadsheets.
5. Copy cards 159-175 from the new to the old spreadsheet, along with any other missing lines.

Spreadsheet is now workable.

Additional full upgrade instructions:

1. Select the "2EBC" tab of your inventory and delete the lines containing the following numbers in the "Card #" column (note there are gaps left by previously deleted cards in this column):
* Card 46: Supervise Dilithium Mine
* Card 463: Khan!
* Card 511: The Inner Light

2. Close new spreadsheet file. It may be safely deleted.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Long overdue Terran Empire update!

A couple of notes: For now, I'm going to keep the BC cards in the spreadsheet as, if I understand the article regarding their departure correctly, they will of course remain an option for individual players in friendly games. Also, their inclusion will remain optional in some tournaments. I am also presuming (thus making a pres out of u and me) Maelwys has no plans to remove that content from the 1E version of the site. Those saying "Good riddance!" to the BC cards can happily ignore those sections of the spreadsheet and even delete those pages.

Also, I may need to find alternate hosting in the near future as apparently Dropbox is dropping the "Public folder" functionality. In that eventuality, I'll edit old messages with the new address.

But for now, download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31822673/STCCG.xls

Simple upgrade instructions:

1. Save above link to different location/filename from your existing inventory.
2. Open both spreadsheets and select tab "1E Virtual" in both.
3. Copy lines 1304-1365 from the new spreadsheet to the old spreadsheet.
4. Go to "1E VPs" tab in both spreadsheets.
6. Insert a line between Card #s 172 & 173
5. Copy cards 165-173 from the new to the old spreadsheet, along with any other missing lines. (note that last time, I forgot to add property logos for cards. Be sure not to delete your number of "You Know I'd Like To Help" cards.)

Spreadsheet is now workable.

Additional full upgrade instructions:

1. Select the "2EBC" tab of your inventory and delete the lines containing the following numbers in the "Card #" column (note there are gaps left by previously deleted cards in this column):
* Card #325: Security Drills
* Card #349: T'Pol, Dutiful Commander (AP)
* Card #502: Alien Conspiracy
* Card #506: Reflections
* Card #512: Watch Dog
* Card #526: Brennan Scott
* Card #527: Hoshi Sato, Captain's Woman
* Card #528: Jonathan Archer, Covetous Commander
* Card #529: Malcolm Reed, Enthusiastic Major
* Card #530: Maximilian Forrest, Confident Captain
* Card #531: Phlox, Sadistic Physiologist
* Card #532: Soval, Idealist
* Card #533: T'Pol, Dutiful Commander
* Card #534: Travis Mayweather, Opportunistic Sergeant
* Card #536: I.S.S. Avenger, Admiral's Ship
* Card #537: I.S.S. Enterprise, Terran Flagship
* Card #561: D'Vela

(Note: Deliver Ancient Artifact seems to have not been included in my Spreadsheet already)

2. Close new spreadsheet file. It may be safely deleted.

My apologies for the delay! Enjoy!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks again!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
You're very welcome! Always love to hear someone getting use out of it!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Dropbox has gotten rid of its "Public" folder for users and changed the way being able to share files works. This SHOULD work to download the spreadsheet and documentation:

New Spreadsheet Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0rylfq4m08dd ... G.xls?dl=0

New Documentation Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9givisegq27u ... .html?dl=0

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Okay, spreadsheet fans, I have a question.

I know I'm late adding in Broken Bow and you'll need to dock my pay for that, but there's another new thing to look at for inclusion now: The Core Reprint List.

I see three ways to possibly handle the CRL:

1. Ignore it. After all, all the cards on the list will be in other sections anyway.

2. Add the list as a new page and let people fill it out. As cards are removed from the CRL, I would simply make the lines of those cards red.

3. Same as option 2 but add in references to the other pages of the spreadsheet so that the CRL page's info will be filled in from the info already on those other pages.

With options 2 and 3, I would only include cards that are in Homefront sets, physical cards, cards that were in Supplemental sets, and any cards from older Blocks now added back to the list, with the assumption being that cards in the current Block will mostly no longer be on the CRL when their Block rotates out.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If it were my spreadsheet I would just ignore it. There's a handy link on the CC site now, and I don't think many (any?) folks will be organizing their collection around it.*

*Don't misconstrue this as knocking the Core Reprint List. I just don't think many folks will take steps for longer-term organization of their cards for a fluid list...

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: