This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 129 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I created a Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheet to inventory my 1E collection.

This spreadsheet includes all standard cards released, whether common, uncommon or rare as part of a set, or premium as part of a standalone product, or in one case as a giveaway with a game (U.S.S. Jupiter). It does not include separate entries for Reflections foils or preview cards (which are listed under the set the card came out in as part of the set.) It does not include 2E BC cards or virtual cards.

It does include room for the alternate printings of dual affiliation cards that they did from the Voyager set onwards.

You can download the spreadsheet for free at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vq-6l ... cyHhhSUV9a. Feel free to alter or redistribute it as you see fit.

Also, there is a documentation file you can find at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TyMPl ... qjaRgrVem6

Edit: Changed link to a new permanent home, and updated.
Last edited by Boffo97 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is quite snazzy, and I will be using it in my latest inventory. (I used to do these by hand as a child! Was I insane?)

Questions about nomenclature: What is the RP column? What is the Orig column? What is the Q column, and what are its possible values?

Thanks for posting this.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is quite snazzy, and I will be using it in my latest inventory. (I used to do these by hand as a child! Was I insane?)

Questions about nomenclature: What is the RP column? What is the Orig column? What is the Q column, and what are its possible values?

Thanks for posting this.
My fault for being lazy and not explaining those. So I'll do it now. I'll just explain every column.

Have - The total number of copies of this card you own. Automatically set to be the total of the Orig and RP columns, so don't actually edit this column if you want to keep that functionality.

Orig - The original version of the card. For the vast majority of cards, this is the only version of the card, as this spreadsheet is not set up to track foils, version (for Premiere), preview cards, border colors or anything like that. You edit this column to add cards.

RP - Bad name, but couldn't think of a better one. It stands for reprint, but what it actually is for is tracking the "alternate printing" dual affiliation cards they started doing in Voyager. Basically, if the number on the bottom of the card has an *, then it goes here.

Card # - The spreadsheet makes an attempt to list every card in release order, and then by order of the official list, and thus goes all the way from card #1: Betazoid Gift Box to card #2,435: T'Pol/Soong Manuever.

Set # - The number of the card within a set. When the list moves on to a new set (or standalone product), this number resets, where Card # does not.

Set - The name of the set the card belongs to.

Rarity - The given rarity of the card. Rarities include Common, Uncommon, Rare, Rare+, Rare* (only used in Trouble With Tribbles), Ultra-Rare and Premium.

Name - Name of the card. Duh.

Card Type - The type of the card. I did think about dividing Dilemmas and Missions into Planet, Space or Planet/Space categories, but have not done that yet.

Q - Native quadrant of the card. This only applies to Missions, Facilities, Personnel and Ships. Valid values are A - [AQ], G - [1E-GQ], D - [1E-DQ] or M - [MQ].

1st - 5th Affiliation: Affiliations of the card, printed in order of their appearance on the main version of the card. While personnel only go up to 3 affiliations, some missions have 5, and I thought about adding them.

Glad you enjoy the spreadsheet. Have fun inventorying!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I know a few people are using this, so I'll just give some update on my current work.

I'm currently in the process of adding in all printable virtual cards on a 2nd sheet so you can track that inventory as well.

Any thoughts on whether or not I should go through and list the property logo for each card? (except Missions of course)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
IDK if it was the cite or what but the link just redirected me to their front page. Thanks again for putting in the time and effort to making this and sharing it with the community.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
maverick2909 wrote:IDK if it was the cite or what but the link just redirected me to their front page. Thanks again for putting in the time and effort to making this and sharing it with the community.
Sorry about that. I should have realized that the free hosting site I used wasn't going to be a permanent solution. I found a way to put it onto my homepage (which I would have done before, except I'm about a quarter of the world away from my regular computer and working on an old one, so I had to figure out how to access it.)

Anyway, try this link: http://boffo.flactem.com:8080/STCCG.xlsx

That's still version 1.0 of the spreadsheet.

Coming soon in 2.0:

- Virtual cards: All currently printable cards from Referee Reprints to Shades of Gray are already done, though not in the file linked above.

- Property logos: For everything with an actual property logo on it.

- Faction: [Maq], [KCA], [TE], [KCA] & [TE], [TE] & [OS], [OS], [CF], and [22] among others. Plus a couple that don't really fit the category but are convenient to put there, like [EE], [Bar] and [Orb].

- AU/Holo: Whether the card has [1E-AU] or [Holo]. Luckily none seem to have both, unless the Revised Voyager crew from 2E is converted.

- Hidden Agenda and Referee categories, indicating if the card has these.

- Subgroup category, for miscellaneous things like Captain's Order, Rule icon, Crime icon, Pursuit icon, etc.

- Dilemmas and Missions split into specifying whether they are Planet, Space or both.

- Affiliation added to Missions

By JurgenP
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
You did a hell of a job on that spreadsheet.
But if you are doing updates for a version 2.0, I would like to make a suggestion:
Maybe you could, for Premiere, split the "Orig" column out in BB, WB94 and WB95
as there where 3 different prints (original black border, unlimited print run in 1994 and the beta print run in 1995 (and later).

Just an idea, hopefull it is usefull to you.

Sincerely,
Jurgen

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
JurgenP wrote:You did a hell of a job on that spreadsheet.
But if you are doing updates for a version 2.0, I would like to make a suggestion:
Maybe you could, for Premiere, split the "Orig" column out in BB, WB94 and WB95
as there where 3 different prints (original black border, unlimited print run in 1994 and the beta print run in 1995 (and later).

Just an idea, hopefull it is usefull to you.

Sincerely,
Jurgen
Thanks for the kind feedback.

I am indeed working on a 2.0, but I really don't want to include alternate printings outside of Voyager and onwards dual personnel, because it gets to be too much of a can of worms. In addition to the Prem BB, WB Alpha, WB Beta and Silver Border Collector's Tin, you have preview cards, Reflections foil cards, reprints (such as the Trouble with Tribbles starters), etc.

However, it should be fairly easy to alter the spreadsheet to fit your needs if you want to track those.

Hope you enjoy inventorying! :D

By JurgenP
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
No problem, it might indeed be a can of worms :)

I just suggested it, because (when trading cards) I sometimes get very specific "wants" fi. WB94 Kivas Fajo - Collector.

But you are rights, it is easy enough to "adapt" ... being a Borg-player, I guess it is one of my specialities.
Besides you already did all the hard work: entering 2.2K of card names and related information for each one of them.

Keep up the good work :)

Jurgen

By Kletus
 -  
Just wondering how 2.0 is coming.

Been out of it for a while and found my collectors tin in a box... Next thing I know I'm digging through storage to find boxes and binders.

Anyway, my old xls has long since gone away and in starting over plus learning about the virtual cards. Decipher had a deck builder/game program but it to has gone by the wayside on an old laptop. (sigh).

Looking forward to the updates.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I was actually reminding myself I needed to get back onto working on 2.0. The holdup has been that I have a somewhat unreliable connection and including things like property logos and icons requires looking at every card.

I'm glad you're enjoying the spreadsheet.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Kletus wrote:Why not make it them open documents. So everyone could help.
I'm not familiar with open documents.

Is it some kind of "shared on the cloud" type deal?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]