This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 129 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
JeBuS wrote:
EHCCGPP wrote:Working Update: Metamorphosis and partial Coming of Age

Download at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0rylfq4m08dd ... G.xls?dl=0
You copy-pasted a truncated link. Doesn't work.
D'oh. Should have caught that. I usually edit the new update instructions from a copy of old instructions on this page, but used a word processor this time since there were so many BC converted cards to remove.

I've edited the message, and if anyone needs the link here, it's https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0rylfq4m08dd ... G.xls?dl=0

Thanks for letting me know.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BTW, I should point out that while I haven't made the move over to Google Drive yet, I finished adding Coming of Age on its release night. So that's done.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So I *think* I have figured out this Google Drive thing and everyone SHOULD be able to access the Spreadsheet here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vq-6li ... sp=sharing

If you would like to apply to be an editor, PM me with your e-mail address.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dave, I'd like to thank you for this effort. A while (perhaps a year) ago I downloaded the spreadsheet, and over time was able to reconstruct it to my needs -- and more. What a great idea to put all the cards lists together in one file. And, while I'd had the idea myself, I'd never have had the time, resources, or courage to pull this off. (Even inputting my cards into it was, to me, a daunting task that took weeks, although my collection is quite compact.) It is a joy to use!

I found some little glitches and errors in the text -- which, of course, are to be expected in a project this size. Most of my corrections would be tracable, if you're interested in reviewing them.
However, my file was split off long ago, so you and the community probably already found most of them, if not all. :)

Great job, thanks again! :D

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Thanks for the feedback! I'm always glad to hear when people are finding it useful even if they have to alter things for their personal use.

If you are interested, the spreadsheet is now all but officially on Google Drive now and I can set you up as an editor on it if you PM me your e-mail address. It should log all the changes.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'm putting the final touches on updating the spreadsheet through Equilibrium, a new FAQ, and the official finalizing of the move to Google Drive for the project.

Would anyone have a suggestion of some verbiage I can put into the FAQ to the extent of I don't own these things or the CC's work, and am just doing this under Fair Use and yadda yadda yadda?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:I'm putting the final touches on updating the spreadsheet through Equilibrium, a new FAQ, and the official finalizing of the move to Google Drive for the project.

Would anyone have a suggestion of some verbiage I can put into the FAQ to the extent of I don't own these things or the CC's work, and am just doing this under Fair Use and yadda yadda yadda?
I'm not up on legal mumbo jumbo but I would say that "yadda yadda yadda" most definitely needs to be there :D

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I am proud to proudly introduce with pride version 3.0.1 of my 1st Edition Inventory Spreadsheet, now officially in its new home on Google Drive.

Version 3.0.1 also includes a brand new FAQ document, updates to the 1E Virtual tab through Equilibrium and updates to the 1E VPs tab to include Promos 1-208 & 218.

Manual Update Instructions:

Please be sure that your spreadsheets are in their original order by sorting by the Card # column for most sheets and by Set and then # for the 1E Virtual sheet.

On the 1E Virtual sheet, copy lines 1700-1738 of the new sheet to the same range of your old sheet.

On the 1E VPs sheet, copy the range B197 to P226 from the old sheet to the new sheet.

Now to fix some minor problems found while making the new FAQ:

* Sometimes the property logo for The Original Series was listed as ST, and sometimes as TOS
* Property logo information was missing for The Away Team Pack and OTSD.

This fix will fix both these issues. On each 1E sheet, select the entire column for the Property logo and and copy the ones from the new sheet to the old sheet.

* The set abbreviation for the book Data Laughing original came from was SG, but it should be PG as the book was the Official Player's Guide:

Go to the page 1B WB & Misc and change cell D1098 to read PG.

* Most of the cards in the Enterprise Collection don't list these cards having a [22] logo.

Given the existence of the Enterprise Collection Remastered, I am considering these cards all but errata'ed when they used to depend on a rule to give them the icon. Therefore, on the 1E tab, copy the range K2462-K2478 from the old sheet to the new sheet.

* Some cards had their [EE] logo listed as a Subtype, and some did not.

On the 1E spreadsheet, copy the range K742-K759 from the new spreadsheet to the old one. Also type E-E into cell K2072.

* Prot had his [Bar] icon listed as a Subtype when all other appropriate cards had it listed as a Faction.

On the 1E spreadsheet, delete the contents of cell K1737 and type Bar into cell L1737.

* Old Documentation sheet is outdated.

Delete that sheet. Create a new sheet at the right end and label it FAQ. Copy the contents of cell A1 from the new sheet to the old sheet.

That should do it. Let me know if you have any comments, concerns or things to throw at my head and enjoy!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
This is a thing of beauty! :thumbsup: Excellent work!

And now some nitpicks questions and observations:

Skimming the "1E WB & Misc" tab because I'm that kind of crazy, I notice you list all 12 cards in the Warp Pack, and all 114 cards from the TWT starters. Some of these are visibly different (white borders for the AU previews in WP; updated copyright lines and occasional errata/Tribbles for the reprints in TWTS), but I wonder about the others. For the Warp Pack, is there any way to tell the difference between the Premiere "reprints" (or 2PG, for Sensitive Search) and the actual WB95 printing? How about TWT vs. TWTS? (I don't have them handy at the moment, but when I opened some TWTS of my own I noticed they seemed maybe a little less glossy...)

I think a few cards from the Introductory Two-Player Game are missing (or I missed them)... all white-border reprints of a few AU cards. This may not be a complete list, but I count Alien Labyrinth, Ferengi Attack, Hidden Entrance, Hunter Gangs, Malfunctioning Door, The Gatherers, and Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence.

I wonder also if it's worth distinguishing between Preview (Pv?) cards and Premium/Promo cards, where both are now listed as "P".. but then of course, some (WP, 1A/2A..) are both! And wouldn't the white-border previews from boosters (e.g. DS9's U.S.S. Defiant) be better listed as UR?

On that note, for completion's sake (as long as we've already got the R+ and R* in there from TWT onward), QC also had a C* (Q-Flash) and R* (Mortal Q), both 33% more frequent than other Cs or Rs, and an "R**," Data's Body, "collated with uncommons (but still a rare)" (i.e. same as the R* "bonus rares" in TWT... or Ophidian Cane in AU). :wink:

And now to fill it in... :D Thank you!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Can'tDriveFactorFive wrote:This is a thing of beauty! :thumbsup: Excellent work!
Thank you! Always glad to hear that another person is finding it useful.
And now some nitpicks questions and observations:
I'd be surprised if anyone here is NOT a nitpicker. Me definitely included in that. ;)
Skimming the "1E WB & Misc" tab because I'm that kind of crazy, I notice you list all 12 cards in the Warp Pack, and all 114 cards from the TWT starters. Some of these are visibly different (white borders for the AU previews in WP; updated copyright lines and occasional errata/Tribbles for the reprints in TWTS), but I wonder about the others. For the Warp Pack, is there any way to tell the difference between the Premiere "reprints" (or 2PG, for Sensitive Search) and the actual WB95 printing? How about TWT vs. TWTS? (I don't have them handy at the moment, but when I opened some TWTS of my own I noticed they seemed maybe a little less glossy...)
When this spreadsheet was first put out there, it didn't have the WB & Misc tab. I'm the kind of guy who calls my 1E collection all-but-AGT complete even though I have 3 Missions that I only have in silver border, 2 cards that I only have as white border previews from 1st Anthology, and 2 cards I wouldn't consider playable outside of sleeves.

When I did insert it in for those who wanted to track every variant, I tried to make it as complete as possible, even including cards that would have no difference from the cards in the main cardlist, just in case people wanted to track that separately.
I think a few cards from the Introductory Two-Player Game are missing (or I missed them)... all white-border reprints of a few AU cards. This may not be a complete list, but I count Alien Labyrinth, Ferengi Attack, Hidden Entrance, Hunter Gangs, Malfunctioning Door, The Gatherers, and Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence.
...and by the above definition, I absolutely need the 2PG cards in there. I'll need to find a list and see what I can do.
I wonder also if it's worth distinguishing between Preview (Pv?) cards and Premium/Promo cards, where both are now listed as "P".. but then of course, some (WP, 1A/2A..) are both! And wouldn't the white-border previews from boosters (e.g. DS9's U.S.S. Defiant) be better listed as UR?

On that note, for completion's sake (as long as we've already got the R+ and R* in there from TWT onward), QC also had a C* (Q-Flash) and R* (Mortal Q), both 33% more frequent than other Cs or Rs, and an "R**," Data's Body, "collated with uncommons (but still a rare)" (i.e. same as the R* "bonus rares" in TWT... or Ophidian Cane in AU). :wink:
Not that I want to sound like I'm passing the buck on this one, but all my decisions about rarities to list were taken from the CC's set lists on the front page. And I'm thus hesitant about differing from it unless they were to make a change.

That said, your point about Premium and Preview being two entirely different things that sometimes overlap (1st Anthology being a big example here) might end up being too big to ignore, especially since it'll be easy to tell which ones are which. I'll consider doing a change where cards that are both remain P, but cards that are just one might get a PM or PV respectively.
And now to fill it in... :D Thank you!
You are quite welcome! Again, I'm very glad if it's helping you out.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:...and by the above definition, I absolutely need the 2PG cards in there. I'll need to find a list and see what I can do.
I did exactly this, some months ago, in my own downloaded spin-off of your great work. I found the list that came with the SBCT (Silver border collector's tin) very helpful in this regard.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
How about a little spreadsheet love to get us up to v3.0.2, covering the Series N promos?

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vq-6l ... cyHhhSUV9a

Main update instructions:

Copy range B217-P225 from the new sheet's 1E VPs tab to the old one.

Optional "fix" updates:

On 1E tab, change the name of card 950 to "Kira Nerys (DS9)"
On 1E Virtual tab, change cell F959 to read "Worf (20)"

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Thanks for all the work. Was going through my cards again yesterday and asked myself which ones were actually missing (if any)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Thanks. I do still need to add The Cage and likely some VPs as well.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]