This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 169 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Dunnagh wrote:Is this... real life?

What is... happenin´to me?
or is it just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
no escape from reality...

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
There's someone running down the ailse.....

IT'S DEMOLITION!
bele_and_lokai.jpg
bele_and_lokai.jpg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
They're clearing the ring! Ax and Smash are changing the tide of this epic bout!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
"Give Peace A Chance" by John Lennon starts playing

Running down to the ring, it's Riva! Riva is trying to break up the fight! Will the peacemaker prevail?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Wooooooo!
It's the Nature Boy!

Flair locks Riva in a figure-four leg lock! No peace in our time! Riva taps out and crawls away in disgrace.

Meanwhile, Thrusting drone gets a hose from Zef'No's float and sprays milk jizz all over the ring! Dowsing Mash-up Locutus and Chess Game AI. The mat is all slippery and they struggle to stand up and repeatedly do comedy trips and falls like a scene from the 3 stooges!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This thread seriously went from one of the dumbest things I've ever read to the most awesome long about page 7. I'm totally coming back here and rereading the wrestling match when I have a bad day....

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Takket gets into the cross line of Mash Up Locutus!

Mash-up Locutus tags in the thrusting drone!

They're assimilating the ass out of Takket! How is he going to recover from this homo-erotic maneuver?

Tekket takes both the borg down to the mat and similtaniosly gives the thrusting drone a figure 4, and Mash up Locutus a sleeper hold!!! Will the Borg tap out?!?

By lotjx
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If we can get back on track here. I am no fan of Janeway. So, making her somewhat unusable is fine by me. Yet, I felt [EE] was used to describe the TNG movies. Much in the same way we have [CF] and [OS] if people are happy about it fine, but to me its a wasted card space for an affiliation that should be dominant in block, but is getting killed by the worst affiliation in the Ferengi.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:Takket gets into the cross line of Mash Up Locutus!

Mash-up Locutus tags in the thrusting drone!

They're assimilating the ass out of Takket! How is he going to recover from this homo-erotic maneuver?

Tekket takes both the borg down to the mat and similtaniosly gives the thrusting drone a figure 4, and Mash up Locutus a sleeper hold!!! Will the Borg tap out?!?
Takket busts out his special move: Morphing into this ugly SOB!!!!

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=2263

Strength +6 as Takket exposes himself!!!!!!!! Mashup locutus screams in horror and waddles as fast as a Borg can waddle out of the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!

By JurgenP
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
lotjx wrote:If we can get back on track here. ...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Isn't there any off-topic board there you could take this guys, I know you are just having fun but to those of us that are actually interested in the cards and gameplay this is starting to get annoying ...

Jurgen
Last edited by JurgenP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
If I can be serious for a moment...

WHY?

The first thread on this issue got locked after the arguments for and against went round in circles. (I won't post a link to it). Locking it was (in my opinion) the right call as it wasn't going anywhere.

This thread has equally spiralled into everyone's opinions on what the CC should do. After this thread hit three pages, I did the sensible thing (not sure why no-one else had thought of this) and went to the Q&A thread and asked the designers about their reasoning. We have an answer. If you haven't already, I encourage you to go read it.

Now, we can speculate on their eventual plans and debate what the CC should do, but that doesn't change this new Janeway. Nor will the debates on here likely have any influence on individual players opinions on this issue - we've already demonstrated a fair amount of collective inflexibility in the face of extensive arguments and rebuttals.

If anything, the Janeway debate should move itself to the Dream Card forum...

Anyway, enough of this...

Grabs steel chair, hits everyone in sight, then spies Thrusting Drone on the ring apron, swings the chair in his direction, it bounces off the ropes and rebounds and hits himself in the face. Whoops.

By JurgenP
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:If I can be serious for a moment...

WHY?
Gameplay (1E)
This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
And what is happening here is none of all the above ...
'Nuff said.

Jurgen
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
I'm not saying Wrestling with 1E cards DOES belong here. Just that futile, pointless and circular arguments do not. I'm happy to stop it, so long as the Janeway discussion does too.

Frankly we expected Mael to have locked this down about 36 hours ago - and that was kind of our aim! Like seeing how long you can keep a maximum police wanted level of Grand Theft Auto.

However, spurred on by encouragement, our little wrestling match seemingly remains unlocked despite the "Screw the rules, play the game" attitude which we seem to have adopted!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:I'm not saying Wrestling with 1E cards DOES belong here. Just that futile, pointless and circular arguments do not. I'm happy to stop it, so long as the Janeway discussion does too.

Frankly we expected Mael to have locked this down about 36 hours ago - and that was kind of our aim! Like seeing how long you can keep a maximum police wanted level of Grand Theft Auto.

However, spurred on by encouragement, our little wrestling match seemingly remains unlocked despite the "Screw the rules, play the game" attitude which we seem to have adopted!
:thumbsup:

(And believe me, I'm as passionate about the game design as everyone else)

Besides, I blame EECCGPH.

When someone says they've been diagnosed with type 3 Hulkamania, then ask you 'Watcha Gonna Do?' the only response is to suplex him through the Spanish announcers table.

:shifty:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Regarding those who want to end the wrestling and get back "on topic".

This debate, at its core, is unanswerable. It's stockability (primarily because of Federation Flagship - Rebuilt) vs. Trek Sense (whatever one "feels" the [EE] icon is, right now it's special training to use the Enterprise-E and someone who never stepped foot on the ship shouldn't have it. If you want to change the icon's definition, you can, but you need to do so before using the new definition on cards). It got locked before because it got circular, then it got ugly and personal. Because of an icon.

This particular thread was DOA due to the early utterly ridiculous accusations that the CC made the decision they did only because of complaining rather than thinking it was the right move to change it from the spoiled version. One universally known way of protesting DOA threads is to derail them. And I think in this case, I think more people preferred the derailment than the original topic.

Honestly, I think the solution is to take another look at FF:R. Without that card, very few would care about Janeway having the icon.
sexecutioner wrote:Besides, I blame EECCGPH.

When someone says they've been diagnosed with type 3 Hulkamania, then ask you 'Watcha Gonna Do?' the only response is to suplex him through the Spanish announcers table.

:shifty:
Well you know somethin', Mean Gene? That sexecutioner mocks my pain, dude. Class 3 Hulkamania is recognized as a legitimate disability in 3 states, brother. So when I slam that stinky [EE] icon right in the ring with the largest arms in the world, and all the little Hulkamaniacs call for its end, I will drop the big leg and get the 1... 2... 3. So whatcha gonna do?! *snort* *flex*

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:Regarding those who want to end the wrestling and get back "on topic".

This debate, at its core, is unanswerable. It's stockability (primarily because of Federation Flagship - Rebuilt) vs. Trek Sense (whatever one "feels" the [EE] icon is, right now it's special training to use the Enterprise-E and someone who never stepped foot on the ship shouldn't have it. If you want to change the icon's definition, you can, but you need to do so before using the new definition on cards). It got locked before because it got circular, then it got ugly and personal. Because of an icon.

This particular thread was DOA due to the early utterly ridiculous accusations that the CC made the decision they did only because of complaining rather than thinking it was the right move to change it from the spoiled version. One universally known way of protesting DOA threads is to derail them. And I think in this case, I think more people preferred the derailment than the original topic.

Honestly, I think the solution is to take another look at FF:R. Without that card, very few would care about Janeway having the icon.
Would be interesting to see what the CC's conflict is now, because from what I deduce on the Q&A this thread sparked a little debate among them as well. Regardless, I don't think anyone meant the CC made the decision purely based on the talk about the card a few months ago, but I bet you it went into their considerations.

But like you said and like I mentioned in the other thread, it really depends on how you define the [EE] term. First you have to look at why Decipher introduced it, so they could reprint the bridge crew as something different. You then have to look at its effect in game, that is affecting the EE staffing/attributes AND (heres the big kicker) FF:R. I don't think anyone is arguing that based on the original Decipher interpretation Janeway should get [EE] . But I think what we can ALL agree on is that she should be included in the group that deals with FF:R.

I know it got heated and some people got their feelings hurt or w/e, no need to really bring that tone back... I think now that we have assessed what the real concern for her and the other personnel in this grey area is we can have constructive ideas on how to go about fixing the problem.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]