This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Smiley wrote:Nice to hear all the work on this was appreciated. =)

Thanks to the Creative team and Art as usual for doing an excellent job in finding all the good lore and images.
Think people should re-read at least one of the cards...
:shifty:

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
KazonPADD wrote:

Thanks to the Creative team and Art as usual for doing an excellent job in finding all the good lore and images.
Paging Mr. Arthur Nielsen, Mr. Artie Nielsen, your presence is requested at the front desk...
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I... Don't get it.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Lol nice easter egg

:D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Upon further inspection I found... Nothing. Again. There is no altered gameplay or updated wording, there are no secret messages in the line up of the first or last letters on lore or game text, the list of series I spells no words with the first letter of each card, nor with the first letter of each word in title. I see nothing special in the Copyright line, no secret codes in the collector information, and no over arching connection In The gameplay of the full set of cards. I am left to assume there is some Actor/director/production side connection that I have missed, as that side of things never interested me. I guess I am not a specialized enough Trek nerd. Which is true in its way, I am a very generic nerd. Some have stooped so low as to insinuate I am not actually a nerd, but rather a geek in nerd's clothing.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
winterflames wrote:Upon further inspection I found... Nothing. Again. There is no altered gameplay or updated wording, there are no secret messages in the line up of the first or last letters on lore or game text, the list of series I spells no words with the first letter of each card, nor with the first letter of each word in title. I see nothing special in the Copyright line, no secret codes in the collector information, and no over arching connection In The gameplay of the full set of cards. I am left to assume there is some Actor/director/production side connection that I have missed, as that side of things never interested me. I guess I am not a specialized enough Trek nerd. Which is true in its way, I am a very generic nerd. Some have stooped so low as to insinuate I am not actually a nerd, but rather a geek in nerd's clothing.
It is actor related.

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
winterflames wrote:Upon further inspection I found... Nothing. Again. There is no altered gameplay or updated wording, there are no secret messages in the line up of the first or last letters on lore or game text, the list of series I spells no words with the first letter of each card, nor with the first letter of each word in title. I see nothing special in the Copyright line, no secret codes in the collector information, and no over arching connection In The gameplay of the full set of cards. I am left to assume there is some Actor/director/production side connection that I have missed, as that side of things never interested me. I guess I am not a specialized enough Trek nerd. Which is true in its way, I am a very generic nerd. Some have stooped so low as to insinuate I am not actually a nerd, but rather a geek in nerd's clothing.
It is actor related.
It's very subtle, and missing a 13, no?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I am lucky to know The Doctor's actor, one time guest actors from episodes that aired prior to my learning to read? Having said that, my wife got it immediately, so excuses.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote:I am lucky to know The Doctor's actor, one time guest actors from episodes that aired prior to my learning to read? Having said that, my wife got it immediately, so excuses.
Is it a Kivas Fajo / Saul Rubinek joke of some kind? "The Most Toys" aired when you were 6, and is the only one in that age range. But I still don't see the joke.

Of course, I also don't know any actors, and never cared much about actor-joke easter eggs (I preferred the ones where Decipher photoshopped stuff into the image), so it's not surprising this went over my head.

EDIT: Whoops! Used reddit link format code instead of phpbb.
Last edited by BCSWowbagger on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:
winterflames wrote:I am lucky to know The Doctor's actor, one time guest actors from episodes that aired prior to my learning to read? Having said that, my wife got it immediately, so excuses.
Is it a Kivas Fajo / Saul Rubinek joke of some kind? "The Most Toys" aired when you were 6, and is the only one in that age range. But I still don't see the joke.

Of course, I also don't know any actors, and never cared much about actor-joke easter eggs (I preferred the ones where Decipher [photoshopped stuff into the image](https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=920)), so it's not surprising this went over my head.
Yeah, it even took me a while to get the joke from Leonardo da Vinci... mostly because I was most familiar with John Rhys-Davies from Sliders personally...

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:

Paging Mr. Arthur Nielsen, Mr. Artie Nielsen, your presence is requested at the front desk...
Were it not for searching on this clue I would never have gotten this lol Never even heard of that show!

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Takket,

It was a fun, highly enjoyable (in a slightly campy way) series. I recommend checking it out. It also featured guest appearances (playing appropriate roles) by many a Star Trek vet, including Jeri Ryan, Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo (iirc), Rene Auberjonois, and Brent Spiner, amongst others.

If you do, lmk what you think of it.

-Matthew

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
It had an interesting premise. They lost me somewhere at end of season 1 or beginning of 2. I dont like this Kind of series where they dont take serious stuff serious (I had a bit of the same Problem with Eureka)

The main Problem is that series that are based on "bad guy of the week" dont last Long anymore - even if they try to overimpose some Kind of metaplot on this.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]