This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Temporal Vortex (First Contact) was errata'd back into its original form technically. Though the Ankari Spirits errata, at the time, had relevance - now it doesn't - and it's easier to leave it alone. I really need to get the latest errata added.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep, Temporal Vortex is one.

The other rescinded errata is Scanner Interference, which in 1999 was altered to have the words "in play" added after "download". Decipher, of course, did not print its errata, so no version with this text was printed before the errata was rescinded.

SOURCE: Glossary 1.6... Or possibly 1.7. It has been a few weeks. I never found where and when it was rescinded exactly -- or why -- but obviously it was, and it happened before Referee Reprints.

EDIT: just noticed the database still has the errata text for the Blaze of Glory version! But the card does not, and the text of Ref Reprints is right.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:That's an interesting idea. It wouldn't be the first time an errata was rescinded, although it is extremely rare.

I suppose, unlike normal errata, there's not really any cost to it, since the gameplay is irrelevant and all you're saying is, "Hey, play the old copies you already had in the binder." Or am I missing something?
Errata to me are like seeing someone white out and write a new word in red on a Shakespeare play. If we don't need one, restore the card to its unaltered glory

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
... so all the errata'd cards now show when you look at a card's page? Neat.

I'm going to rework this list a bit to make it easier to read by putting full before-and-after texts. Which will incidentally add the new errata that I didn't do previously.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have a request. Can the PDF of all the errata images be sorted like a 'normal' set would be sorted, by card type then affiliation? The pure-alpha sorting is kinda silly.
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:... so all the errata'd cards now show when you look at a card's page? Neat.

I'm going to rework this list a bit to make it easier to read by putting full before-and-after texts. Which will incidentally add the new errata that I didn't do previously.
I'm a huge fan of the way it's currently formatted. I can get the before-and-after texts very easily by going to the card page, but only your page specifically highlights exactly what was changed. That's what makes this list indispensable for me.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:... so all the errata'd cards now show when you look at a card's page? Neat.

I'm a huge fan of the way it's currently formatted. I can get the before-and-after texts very easily by going to the card page, but only your page specifically highlights exactly what was changed. That's what makes this list indispensable for me.
I changed up how the artifacts were displayed. Full before and after gametexts, but I still have the strikeout and bold to indicate changes. I think it looks better this way. BCSWowbgager, do you like how it's done before I carry on?

(edit) ... wow. Did you use my exact words on the database on the errata? I looked at what it says on the Ressikan Flute page and it's word-for-word what I had there.
 -  
Community Contributor
Oh, okay, I misunderstood your plans! That works for me.
(edit) ... wow. Did you use my exact words on the database on the errata? I looked at what it says on the Ressikan Flute page and it's word-for-word what I had there.
Not in every case, but in a lot. Why rewrite when you've already explained quite nicely? Obviously, going forward, the Errata Team will write the explanations for the stuff they do, but your stuff was great for the older stuff.

I'm sorry; I really thought I had asked your permission before using it!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Oh, okay, I misunderstood your plans! That works for me.
Not in every case, but in a lot. Why rewrite when you've already explained quite nicely? Obviously, going forward, the Errata Team will write the explanations for the stuff they do, but your stuff was great for the older stuff.

I'm sorry; I really thought I had asked your permission before using it!
It's fine; I'm honored. But I'm going ahead with the rewrite of the entries themselves. The 'weaving' of the old and new together after a while looks like a mess - keeping the old and new separate while noting what's changed with them looks better to me. Beside, I haven't updated it in a while and have to add stuff.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Yep, Temporal Vortex is one.

The other rescinded errata is Scanner Interference, which in 1999 was altered to have the words "in play" added after "download". Decipher, of course, did not print its errata, so no version with this text was printed before the errata was rescinded.

SOURCE: Glossary 1.6... Or possibly 1.7. It has been a few weeks. I never found where and when it was rescinded exactly -- or why -- but obviously it was, and it happened before Referee Reprints.

EDIT: just noticed the database still has the errata text for the Blaze of Glory version! But the card does not, and the text of Ref Reprints is right.
I think i just read this on a Holodeck Adventures insert. I will check in the morning and have an answer by tomorrow night!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I need an opinion from everyone.

I started a retrofit of the errata list - stopping just inside the event section.

Do you guys prefer the 'new' section where the old and new are separated out, or the older section where they're mixed together? I like the former but this is for the community...

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
didn't i read somewhere that devidian door was going to be errataed with cold front? i didn't see it on the list today.... other than the name of the article.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think that the joke is that this errata was early because he called "Devidian Door".

We will see the Devidian Door errata early February... Or the spacetime continuum will collapse.....
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation