This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
EHCCGPP wrote:I would think it's just because the DQ has *excellent* NA support between the Equinox crew, Maquis, and the rest of their NA.
Borg Chesticles, her "love child" with the Doc, and some (Ocular) implants For the Win!

BDubs

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Should be 45 not 15:
[S] Borg Ship
Icon Bar - Added [Self]
Gametext - Self-controlling ship (WEAPONS=24, SHIELDS=24). Start here. Attacks everything. End of every turn, moves 1 card toward and off spaceline's long end. Destroy for bonus. {45} Place at furthest spaceline end. End of every turn: Attacks all ships, then moves. Worth points if destroyed in battle. <strike>15</strike><strong>{45}</strong>
Reason - Nerf (so encountering ship wouldn't go poof), and made it a self-controlled.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm glad my work hasn't been ignored. I'll go through and check it again every now and then to keep it updated.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I fixed the Borg Ship entry, and listed _why_ the point box was changed - the Writ. If you blew up your own Borg Ship, you'd get 45 points from dilemmas and could instantly lose the game if you got hit with Writ.

As a note, I don't care enough about the 2EBC cards to list a guess of why they changed.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jrch5618 wrote:I fixed the Borg Ship entry, and listed _why_ the point box was changed - the Writ. If you blew up your own Borg Ship, you'd get 45 points from dilemmas and could instantly lose the game if you got hit with Writ.

As a note, I don't care enough about the 2EBC cards to list a guess of why they changed.
For the majority of them, the reason is simply "we want this to have a 1E template."

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
wow what a cool thread! Well done!

I think the reason cryosattelite was changed was so the Borg could use it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Is the Cryosat errata recent? Because I was using it to get Dukat of Borg and Horga'hn as far back as 1999. Was my Worlds deck illegal that year? :shock: :oops:

Or was there a ruling that did the same thing as the errata? I honestly don't remember at this point...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Is the Cryosat errata recent? Because I was using it to get Dukat of Borg and Horga'hn as far back as 1999. Was my Worlds deck illegal that year? :shock: :oops:

Or was there a ruling that did the same thing as the errata? I honestly don't remember at this point...
Enormous rules nerd that I am, I actually have a copy of Glossary 1.6, dated 10 June 1999 (I also have 1.8 -- if anyone has 1.7, please contact me!). And it says:
Cryosatellite - This artifact has revised game text (clarification):

Those personnel come aboard your ship when Cryosatellite earned or
acquired.

[then other stuff]
So, yes, the card had errata as of 1999, and your Worlds deck was indeed legal! :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
This heretic speaks of Glossaries before Glossary!

There is no Glossary but Glossary! Unmutual!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
EHCCGPP wrote:This heretic speaks of Glossaries before Glossary!

There is no Glossary but Glossary! Unmutual!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8JRJRyCVwU

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[Kli] Toral
Lore - Illegitimate son of Duras. Claimed leadership position on the High Council at bidding of Duras's Duras' sisters, Lursa and B'Etor.
Reason - Typo in lore.

After verifying all 17 of the beta errata http://web.archive.org/web/200711081256 ... index.html,
I discovered that the lore for this one in the Black Border, White Border Alpha and Silver Border contained word "half" not "Duras's". The White Border Beta is the only one that printed "Duras's". That said, they should all use the correct typing of your errata above.

Personal Request: I need a copy of the common Premier Black Border With the misspelled "Herman" found in the lore of the [Fed] U.S.S. Oberth. I am willing to pay premium price for it. - [Ref] Robert
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !