This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
That's a good policy IMO, since I had to make a similar one with my Inventory Spreadsheet (link below, plug plug).

Apparently, there's some mismatch between card rarities listed on here, and how they're listed in the rules supplement for Q Continuum, but I decided to go with what it says here just because it's easier.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
While using the errata of Fifth, Neonatal Drone, I discovered two original images posted by Decipher on the decipherstore.fanhq.com site years ago are wrong. Those images show "Fifth, Neonatal Drone" as 10U56 (2nd Ed Captain's Log) and "Second, Neonatal Drone" as 10R57. The images are incorrect (possibly computer generated) as the physical cards are 10C57 and 10R56 respectively. Also the lore of "Second, Neonatal Drone" is type set in large/small caps. The attached scanned image is proof.

However if the card images shown all over the internet are actually correct, then my two cards are worth a small fortune :D
Last edited by BCSWowbagger on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Resized image to preserve layout

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, I don't care much about 2E, and am only using the resources found on this site. Those are just there for completion's sake. (I'm half-tempted to drop the 2EBC seciton anyway.)

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have updated my list which has lain fallow for a while.

The October '16 and December '16 errata were added, as well as the Terran Empire errors.

The 2EBC section was removed due to my uncaring and the coming removal of them from 1E relevance anyway.

New additions
[Art] Ressikan Flute
[Evt] Rishon Uxbridge
[Inc] Release This Pain
[Int] Brain Drain
[Int] Outgunned
[P] The Discovery of Sha Ka Ree
[Obj] Operate Wormhole Relays
[SF] Chief Engineer Tucker
[SF] Crewman Biggs
[SF] Ensign Kelby
[P] Halkan Council

Updated errata
[Obj] Bajoran Resistance Cell
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Always glad to see this updated.

Do you happen to have the dates when all these errata were released?

I ask because it came up recently that we don't have dates for errata, and it's preventing us from implementing a particular feature.
 -  
Community Contributor
Did they always do articles? I can't seem to find anything for, say, the Cryosatellite or Armus - Skin of Evil errata.

Thanks for the advice, though.

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Did they always do articles? I can't seem to find anything for, say, the Cryosatellite or Armus - Skin of Evil errata.

Thanks for the advice, though.

That's because those were Decipher errata during reprints with Reflections not the CC. The wording on Cryosatellite was cleaned to reflect earning the additional cards with the artifact and Armus was just a typo on the lore.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
New errata added to list.

[Art] Zefram Cochrane's Telescope
[Door] Temporal Vortex (An amusing note, the original Vortex is basically un-errata'd and the new one from Ref Reprints is the one with errata now.)
[SF] Seat of Starfleet (Not functional, just offloaded the Fed mission thing to the new UFP: One Small Step)
[Int] A Change of Plans
[Int] Full Planet Scan
[Int] Scan
[Int] Wormhole (Nonfunctional, just clarification.)
[SF] Jonathan Archer (Enterprise Collection)
[SF] Enterprise
 -  
Community Contributor
Hm, that DOES seem like a good idea.

I am on my phone all weekend (out of town), so can't stick things until Sunday. But will when I can!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'd be honored. That being said, if this is going to be highlighted on the bulletin, what should I do to make the list more readable?

Maybe put the entire old and new versions of altered items (gametext or lore for the most part) as appropriate instead of the strike or bold mishmashes to show active changes...

That would show the entirety of what was, and what is.
 -  
Community Contributor
I think it's great as-is, personally. The strike/bold markup highlights the actual changes very clearly, which is tremendously helpful for those of us who have stared for hours at the errata file unable to figure out what's changed.

I'm back in town, and will try and get this done tonight.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, but what I'm suggesting is have complete old and new entries back to back, with the changes struck out in the old and bolded in the new :D

I think it'll be easier to read, especially with cards that are almost completely rewritten.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Not to sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'd love to see a sticky thread (or website page) with all the fan provided resources, like BCS' rule book, jrch's lists, and a certain spreadsheet. ;)
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]