This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So I know I let this lay fallow for a while. I'm going to abandon the thread-based list and am going to work on a .pdf that has all the relevant information in a format I want to use - a before-and-after side by side.

I'm thinking about even making it in color based on affiliation or card type, but I can just do it black and white if that'd be easier.

I would wonder - once it's done, if it could be displayed prominently like where the Dilemma Resolution Guide was added to - I know that's a bit of vanity but it'd help make things a bit easier maybe?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Make it wiki-based. Then you can see the edit history if you want to. Otherwise, you can just see current.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:Make it wiki-based. Then you can see the edit history if you want to. Otherwise, you can just see current.
Don't know much about doing that - I was going to do it up in Microsoft Word then export it to a .pdf file.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
jrch5618 wrote:
JeBuS wrote:Make it wiki-based. Then you can see the edit history if you want to. Otherwise, you can just see current.
Don't know much about doing that - I was going to do it up in Microsoft Word then export it to a .pdf file.
Alternatively, do it in Google Docs, which will show revision history.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:
Alternatively, do it in Google Docs, which will show revision history.
That's a good idea.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yoy ... sp=sharing

That is the beginning of the errata list. I have 3 pages up so far and will work on adding more as time goes on. I'd like an opinion of the formatting and font size. I can fit about 6 entries on one page. It looks like it'll be about 38 pages unless I shrink the font below 10-point.

By Majestic (Doug Taylor)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I think it's a much better idea to do Google Docs (or Word or PDF), as opposed to a Wiki. Some of us want a way of easily printing the errata out and having it at hand.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:Also, most of the errata is noted on the card pages under the 'watchlist' section. So far Starfleet Phaser Pistol is the one exception to this. Not sure who to contact anymore.
Neither am I, but I fixed it in any event.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Also, most of the errata is noted on the card pages under the 'watchlist' section. So far Starfleet Phaser Pistol is the one exception to this. Not sure who to contact anymore.
Neither am I, but I fixed it in any event.
Alright. I'll send you a private-message if I see any others. I'd like an opinion on my Google Doc in progress. I wanted to try a format that would be easy to parse.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
... the Distortion Field errata date seems to make no sense. 1995? I didn't think they'd do stuff like make it unique way back then... hmmmm.

It seems to parallel Atmospheric Ionization's s errata. But a date of 1995 makes no sense. Power-level errata was not issued that early in the game's life.

Till I find out otherwise, on the list I'm making (Google Doc link listed above), I'm going to give it the same date as Atmospheric Ionization.

Also, the Fair Play date doesn't make sense either. I'm pegging it down as 5/23/2001, the release of Voyager. Like some cards on the list, the only change was errataing the old version to match the future printing, and the [Ref] icon has nothing to do with it for it had it to begin with and Q the Ref doesn't mention Fair Play. They just errata'd the Dominion version to match the Voyager version.
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:... the Distortion Field errata date seems to make no sense. 1995? I didn't think they'd do stuff like make it unique way back then... hmmmm.

It seems to parallel Atmospheric Ionization's s errata. But a date of 1995 makes no sense. Power-level errata was not issued that early in the game's life.
You're correct. Distortion Field did receive errata in the beta printing of 1995, but it was simply a rewording for clarity. (You can pull out your copy of Glossary 1.8 to see the exact changes.) From a quick glance at the records now, it appears that Distortion Field's nerf came in 2010, same as Atmospheric Ionization. I'll try to verify that and update the database accordingly.
Also, the Fair Play date doesn't make sense either. I'm pegging it down as 5/23/2001, the release of Voyager. Like some cards on the list, the only change was errataing the old version to match the future printing, and the [Ref] icon has nothing to do with it for it had it to begin with and Q the Ref doesn't mention Fair Play. They just errata'd the Dominion version to match the Voyager version.
In all the research I did on errata dates, I used the date of the earliest official rules document I could find that mentioned the errata -- in this case, Glossary 1.8, which was published on the given date.

It's entirely plausible to me that the errata actually came into effect in May 2001; I just couldn't find any documents to substantiate it (and had a few dozen other errata dates to track down). Still, just now, I found a document from September 2001 that said Fair Play had had revised text for at least a month, which tells me that the errata was declared either the day the set released or within 60 days of it. So I'll update that entry to the May date.

Let me know if you find any other inconsistencies. I'd stake that all of those dates are close to correct, but, without detailed archives of Deciper's monthly current rulings, it's sometimes impossible to be more precise than "it was in Glossary 1.x, which came out on such-and-such date." More research could refine this data further.
Weren't the phase pistols also errata'd to be given [22] ?
Hunh. Yeah, looks like.

When, though? Can't have been September 2010, can it? Because the [22] icon wasn't released until October 2010. Unless they decided to take care of both things at the same time since they knew [22] was coming.
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:I confirm the 9/6/2010 data for the Starfleet Phase Pistol errata. The [22] icon was debued prior, compliments of Danica Erickson and the Sarajevo in Life from Lifelessness.

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.php?articleID=645 outright states it.
Good work! I'll update the database.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]