This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
revolving door got nerfed to death. the card basically reads "discard this card and the opponent discards his worst card"

why does it say "flip", when there is no other side (im aware of)

like i assumed i can flip it open again by discarding a card myself.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Ensign Q wrote:like i assumed i can flip it open again by discarding a card myself.
You can.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ok cool, because there is no flipside (like spacedoor)

still, you can only reflip on your turn so in the crucial moment the door is open nonetheless
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:I have a project for anyone that wants to double check my work.

I've recently finished going through the standard and the hi-res errata files with the goal of syncing them up, as well as looking for any versions of errated cards that are missing from either file. Below is a summary of my work; I'd appreciate it if anyone could spare the time to double check me. Once I'm sure the list is correct and complete, the next step is sending this to Johnny and the Art Team so they can rebuild the high-res file with the missing cards, and provide JPEGs for the versions of cards missing from the file entirely. At that point, it will be very easy to make sure both are updated each time new cards are added.
So I don't understand what it is you want checked. I've gone through my own web-scraped collection of errata cards to pick a few at random from your list, and they all seem to have a hi-res 744 x 1039 image. What is it you're doing?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
JeBuS wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:I have a project for anyone that wants to double check my work.

I've recently finished going through the standard and the hi-res errata files with the goal of syncing them up, as well as looking for any versions of errated cards that are missing from either file. Below is a summary of my work; I'd appreciate it if anyone could spare the time to double check me. Once I'm sure the list is correct and complete, the next step is sending this to Johnny and the Art Team so they can rebuild the high-res file with the missing cards, and provide JPEGs for the versions of cards missing from the file entirely. At that point, it will be very easy to make sure both are updated each time new cards are added.
So I don't understand what it is you want checked. I've gone through my own web-scraped collection of errata cards to pick a few at random from your list, and they all seem to have a hi-res 744 x 1039 image. What is it you're doing?
There are two errata files that we provide - the first is a system generated PDF of all cards marked as having an errata. That's the one on the front page that is linked from "Virtual Errata File." The other is a manually updated high resolution PDF - Virtual Errata File (Hi Res). For some time now, they've been out of synch because the Hi-Res file wasn't being managed, i.e. nobody was telling the Art Team to update it with errata batches.

The goal of this project is to make sure that a) all of the cards that are supposed to have errata appear in the system generated file; and, that b) all of the cards in the system generated file also appear in the Hi-Res file. Once that's done, managing the project to keep them in synch will be much easier for whomever is the next Brand Manager.

-crp
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm working on it this week, but I don't have more news about when it will get to Art and when it will be delivered.

-crp

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, I've let this lay fallow for a while. Is this of any interest to be revived and updated to the latest version? I will only do so if there's interest in this.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:Well, I've let this lay fallow for a while. Is this of any interest to be revived and updated to the latest version? I will only do so if there's interest in this.
Yes. I've noticed that some of the recent errata haven't been populated into the errata table, so that pages like The Sheliak have received errata, but don't have an errata date / explanation posted (in contrast to cards like Amanda Rogers).

I was meaning to go through recent news updates and cull that data myself at some point when I get a chance, but being able to go off your list would make it a lot easier for me.

(I'm somewhat indifferent to the specific textual changes, since I know that's a lot of work for you. I really just want the date and a summary of the change.)

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Alright. Looks like the last time I updated this was a year ago. I'll start going through and updating the Google Doc later today.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
:thumbsup:

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
As I'm finishing the long-delayed update, something caught my eye.

T'Pol from Enterprise Collection and from Remastered appears to have changed the text of the [DL] from the original print to the new one. I don't have any record of when this happened or if it was an oversight.

Original: [DL] Any interrupt with Vulcan in the gametext or lore.
Current: [DL] Any interrupt with "Vulcan" in title or gametext

If anyone can advise, that'd be great :)

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, here's the update for the list. I last updated it in March 2019. The Google Doc will have new entries in red font, and updated errata in blue. I also added another space between each entry to make the list more readable.

(Note: The Enterprise Collection Remastered set is considered official errata of the original Enterprise Collection - all cards that didn't already have errata are considered to be errata'd to the Remastered version.)

Errata waves included in this overhaul:

10/26/18
[Evt] Temporal Shifting (NEW)
[SF] Charles Tucker III (EC) (NEW)
[SF] Elizabeth Cutler (NEW)
[SF] Emory Erickson (NEW)
[SF] Ethan Novakovich (NEW)
[SF] Hoshi Sato (EC) (NEW)
[SF] Jeremy Lucas (NEW)
[SF] Malcolm Reed (EC) (NEW)
[SF] Maxwell Forrest (EC) (NEW)
[SF] Phlox (EC) (NEW)
[SF] T'Pol (EC) (NEW)
[SF] Travis Mayweather (EC) (NEW)

9/9/19
[Evt] Treaty: Romulan/Vulcan (NEW)
[Inc] IDIC: Power of the High Command (UPDATED)

12/9/19
[Obj] Assimilate Homeworld (NEW)
[Obj] Assimilate Planet (UPDATED)
[Obj] Establish Gateway (UPDATED)
[Obj] Harness Particle 010 (NEW)
[Obj] Salvage Starship (NEW)

2/3/20
[Int] Data, Keep Dealing (NEW)
[Int] The Wake of the Borg (UPDATED)
[Bor] Gowron of Borg (NEW)
[Bor] Tomalak of Borg (NEW)

3/2/20