This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:I will add the newly-announced errata once the new full card images are on the site.

They basically say that Kazon warships can only carry smaller universal Kazon ships, that Strategema ditches its reference to Launch Portal in exchange for Outgunned, and Kobayashi Maru is being made unique.

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=1751
And a few others that are in Proofreading that haven't been publicly announced yet... :shifty:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:I will add the newly-announced errata once the new full card images are on the site.

They basically say that Kazon warships can only carry smaller universal Kazon ships, that Strategema ditches its reference to Launch Portal in exchange for Outgunned, and Kobayashi Maru is being made unique.

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=1751
And a few others that are in Proofreading that haven't been publicly announced yet... :shifty:
Is it too early to spill the beans on Raise the Stakes being errataed to read "Plays on table. Instantly win game. Opponent must give you their entire deck."?

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The emergency errata over the weekend was added to my list with only one new entry - Strategema. Kazon Warship was already there and updated - Koby was already there with a minor typo and now has been added fully for an actual relevant change.

By KDBKGB
 -  
This is a very interesting list for someone who has recently returned to the game, though I think Colony is missing from it. Is there by any chance a similar document for the banned list?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KDBKGB wrote:This is a very interesting list for someone who has recently returned to the game, though I think Colony is missing from it. Is there by any chance a similar document for the banned list?
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/print_banlist.php

Most of what you want can be found along the lower left of the main page. If anything eludes you let us know and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
One minor error that sticks out... Cryosatellite was in AU, not Premiere. :)

By KDBKGB
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:
KDBKGB wrote:This is a very interesting list for someone who has recently returned to the game, though I think Colony is missing from it. Is there by any chance a similar document for the banned list?
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/print_banlist.php

Most of what you want can be found along the lower left of the main page. If anything eludes you let us know and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.
Thanks for that, but my question was more along the lines of was there a discussion of why cards were banned and why banning was deemed the appropriate remedy as opposed to a functional errata.

Thanks

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
KDBKGB wrote:...and why banning was deemed the appropriate remedy as opposed to a functional errata.
Because errata takes time, and banning is immediate. All of the cards (or arguably, all of the cards EXCEPT Raise the Stakes) on the ban list are eligible for errata, and we have an errata team looking at them, and designing and testing new errata. But that takes a lot of time, so in the meantime the cards are just banned.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KDBKGB wrote:Thanks for that, but my question was more along the lines of was there a discussion of why cards were banned and why banning was deemed the appropriate remedy as opposed to a functional errata.
I think this post is what you're looking for. It's pretty old, though, and includes some cards that have since been fixed and misses others that have since been added. An updated version of this post would make a pretty nice sticky, along with this thread.

The ban list was designed as a temporary holding area for unbalanced cards while errata is developed, counters are released, and/or the game environment changes enough to allow them back into the game.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Maelwys wrote:
KDBKGB wrote:...and why banning was deemed the appropriate remedy as opposed to a functional errata.
Because errata takes time, and banning is immediate. All of the cards (or arguably, all of the cards EXCEPT Raise the Stakes) on the ban list are eligible for errata, and we have an errata team looking at them, and designing and testing new errata. But that takes a lot of time, so in the meantime the cards are just banned.
I still kind of hope something can be done with Raise The Stakes. Obviously, it would have to be a dramatic departure from the card's original really bad idea premise though.

I do find it ironic though that even if it were unbanned, it would be worthless to stock because it would almost never hit anyway. Unless someone is playing exactly 30 cards in their seed deck and 30 cards in their draw deck, they don't HAVE a "60 card deck" and RTS does nothing. Not to mention the growing probability that someone would only win a virtual card or printed proxy anyway.

By KDBKGB
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
KDBKGB wrote:Thanks for that, but my question was more along the lines of was there a discussion of why cards were banned and why banning was deemed the appropriate remedy as opposed to a functional errata.
I think this post is what you're looking for. It's pretty old, though, and includes some cards that have since been fixed and misses others that have since been added. An updated version of this post would make a pretty nice sticky, along with this thread.

The ban list was designed as a temporary holding area for unbalanced cards while errata is developed, counters are released, and/or the game environment changes enough to allow them back into the game.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking forward. Also, thanks for the explanation on the intent of the ban list.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, I'm not trying to put a detailed analysis of why each card was altered. Just a list of the alterations of the cards and a brief blurb of why they were changed. (Any suggestions to the list would be appreciated.)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I.K.C. K'Ratak has a typo. The BB Alt Univ had the attributes in all CAPs like all the other cards. However the WB Intro 2 Player has only the first letter of each attribute capitalized.

Robert [Ref]

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Perhaps, but that version isn't on the site and therefore I'm not going to list it. I only report the official errata file on here and analyze briefly why. If that card is not on this site, it's basically irrelevant.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]