This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have a request for the database/deck builder...........

Can we get the deck builder to show you how many of each classification you have? These are very relevant because of the popular Broken Bow dilemmas.

Also along the same lines... if instead of just "transporter skill" there was another line that also shows "number of personnel with transporter skill" (and any other skill but specifically those called out on Broken Bow dilemmas)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:I have a request for the database/deck builder...........

Can we get the deck builder to show you how many of each classification you have? These are very relevant because of the popular Broken Bow dilemmas.

Also along the same lines... if instead of just "transporter skill" there was another line that also shows "number of personnel with transporter skill" (and any other skill but specifically those called out on Broken Bow dilemmas)
Doesn't it tell you how may transporter skill x1, how many transporter skill x2, etc?

Edit:Just checked, it is the 2e one with that info.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Tactical Observation doesn't have the opponent's side requirements bolded and I got an SQL error trying to submit it via the card page, I don't remember if that was a https problem or a cache problem but pretty sure I recall having a similar thing previously so I thought I'd mention that as well.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I firmly believe this version of the Defiant does not have the correct image source listed. This image is definately not from the series. I believe it to originate from a promotional image which adorned the Defiant's model kit box. (I have both the box and the Decipher card, thus I've been able to compare up-close. From afar, however, the colours and structure of the Bussard ramscoops, which IIRC never appeared like this on-screen, are a dead give-away.) The original of the image is way too crisp, and must've been much too large, to be a TV-recording-resolution still. It's autographed like a painting (in the right-lower corner, visible in photo) as "H. Edcox -96". It may be a digitally- or traditionally-enhanced (i.e., art-rendering) photograph of a real-life model, but if even a photo, it absolutely wasn't shot while in motion (thus again ruling out a recording still), that much is to be gleaned from its quality.

2.jpg
2.jpg (115.88 KiB) Viewed 1070 times

I can't be entirely certain whether the whole image is a painting (it's that well-done) -- the artist's autograph which is clearly visible on the model kit box may refer only to the Wormhole graphic that it boasts behind the Defiant image. (The card image does not have that Wormhole, but boasts an empty star field instead -- like this 3rd version of the same image, but the starfield there is NOT the same as on the card.) Still, my arguments that it cannot be a TV still, do seem to hold up, regardless.

Is there anybody with more specific information on this? I'd love to know. But in any case, I think the source should state "Other Source".

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's the same alternate version as I linked to, but the name of this file (and, as far as my experience goes, the reliability and/or zeal of the source website) indeed suggest that my claim is correct.

Thanks for your :twocents: , Timo!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:Pride of the fleet
Requires: Negh'Var Class; this trait seems not to be assigned to any card (empty).
Ah, my old enemy: apostrophes. You have returned once again.
 -  
Community Contributor
Per the updated Organized Play Guide, Centurion Kirk has been updated to reflect the fact that he is tournament-legal.

The Director of Ops may post about this somewhere so it's visible to all, but I'm noting it for now.
 -  
Community Contributor
Good point, all set. Any other WB previews I forgot?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:Per the updated Organized Play Guide, Centurion Kirk has been updated to reflect the fact that he is tournament-legal.
Yes, this was a formalization that was verbalized (requested?) on the forums prior to my tenure by Dan H. We collectively felt the incentive to purchase tournament kits in order to potentially get one of these rare cards AND then be able to use it was greater than the concern that not everyone has access. If you want one, buy a kit. Sparing that, trade for one! :wink:

Kidding aside, it was a "make sense" change. We want new and old players alike to know that all cards (pending those obviously banned) are playable. Having a micro set of cards very few people have be illegal for tournament play puts artificial pressure on the 1E design team to push those cards out in sets where they may be off theme. It was easier to just make them legal now, than wait until who knows when to legalize them.

That said, if you find the cards OP, that is a different story entirely and I implore you to reach out to me.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:Good point, all set. Any other WB previews I forgot?
I think there is an Odo out in the wild too...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
LORE wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Per the updated Organized Play Guide, Centurion Kirk has been updated to reflect the fact that he is tournament-legal.
Yes, this was a formalization that was verbalized (requested?) on the forums prior to my tenure by Dan H. We collectively felt the incentive to purchase tournament kits in order to potentially get one of these rare cards AND then be able to use it was greater than the concern that not everyone has access. If you want one, buy a kit. Sparing that, trade for one! :wink:

Kidding aside, it was a "make sense" change. We want new and old players alike to know that all cards (pending those obviously banned) are playable. Having a micro set of cards very few people have be illegal for tournament play puts artificial pressure on the 1E design team to push those cards out in sets where they may be off theme. It was easier to just make them legal now, than wait until who knows when to legalize them.

That said, if you find the cards OP, that is a different story entirely and I implore you to reach out to me.
Are they legal as printed, with the CC logo over a bunch of it? Or is it only the ones distributed by CC that are legal?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Smoke Bomb

Lore:
Small, hand-held device used to create a diversion in combat situations. Used by the Deep Space 9 personnel during battle against occupying forces from the Circle.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]