This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Talar wrote:How would you put in the missions with different span and affiliation icons on each end?
Make a note of it in the gametext field for now.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Thanks to all you guys that're doing great work, and making enormous progress on this database!

Just a few extra guidelines I probably forgot to mention earlier:
- If the value exists somewhere, you probably don't need to include it somewhere else as well. For example:
On personnel: If they've got skills and no special gametext (only 2E personnel have gametext that doesn't count as a skill) leave their gametext blank.
On missions: Requirements are for completing the mission. Gametext is anything else listed. Requirements don't need to appear both as gametext and as requirements.
Also on missions: Region/Location information has it's own field, so doesn't need to be retyped into the lore as well.

Any other questions, let me know.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:Thanks to all you guys that're doing great work, and making enormous progress on this database!

Just a few extra guidelines I probably forgot to mention earlier:
- If the value exists somewhere, you probably don't need to include it somewhere else as well. For example:
On personnel: If they've got skills and no special gametext (only 2E personnel have gametext that doesn't count as a skill) leave their gametext blank.
On missions: Requirements are for completing the mission. Gametext is anything else listed. Requirements don't need to appear both as gametext and as requirements.
Also on missions: Region/Location information has it's own field, so doesn't need to be retyped into the lore as well.

Any other questions, let me know.
Oops.... :oops:
You probably have about 50+ "double-entries" then. Sorry.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:Oops.... :oops:
You probably have about 50+ "double-entries" then. Sorry.
No worries, my fault for not mentioning it sooner. I'm going through cleaning those all up now.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
There was one I had with a restriction box, I started putting this in the gametext box but thencleared that field as the restriction box info had been added at the end of the skill field.
Just letting you know, depends where you want such information :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The company or the site? I tried to use some old 1E links the other day and they didn't work... :?

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
so I was thinking about building up a small photo studio to take Hi-Res photos of 1E cards. I can get 4416 x 3312 from my PowerShot G10 which would be about 1273 pixels per inch assuming I can get in that tight. Would this be of any use to the community? Also, anyone know of a "good" way to deal with card curl?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, it would be neat! But I'm not sure how much use it would provide since we already have the images from the old Decipher website.

As far as curl goes: how about a large sheet of plexiglass?

By wweist
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:Well, it would be neat! But I'm not sure how much use it would provide since we already have the images from the old Decipher website.

As far as curl goes: how about a large sheet of plexiglass?
Right!, or just a piece of picture frame glass. That should do the trick!

I was looking at the quality of the current images and was thinking I could do better...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
wweist wrote:I was looking at the quality of the current images and was thinking I could do better...
You probably could, most (all?) of the images are from Decipher's site - and they never updated the original '90s uploads. Those uploads where terribly compressed because of the internet speeds of time.

I know they were looking for better quality images for the Idenity Crisis set - you might want to contact Commandeur, etc when you start taking photos.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Yes, please let me know if you start taking photos and how they turn out.

What we really need photos of is the missions from the Federation and Klingon 2 Player Games.

We have volunteers who can do a DVD screen grab and clean it up in photoshop to "re-create" the image on a particular personnel card. However, those missions are hard for new players to get and I have no way of "pulling" those images as Decipher created most of them.

I am compiling a list of images that need to be pulled from DVD frame grabs and cleaned up in Photoshop. Some are old images to be re-created but most are new images for new cards. If you are interested in volunteering to pull and prep images, please PM me.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Is there anyone really good with 3D studio MAX here or should I go ask my friends down at our little company if they want to help out with some images of planets for card images that never seem to be shown whole on the show?
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]