This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is correct. The Borg Tactical Cube's class ("identification") is Class-4 Tactical Cube, not Borg Cube.

I think that still counts for a "Borg cube" per Harness Particle 010, though.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is correct. The Borg Tactical Cube's class ("identification") is Class-4 Tactical Cube, not Borg Cube.

I think that still counts for a "Borg cube" per Harness Particle 010, though.
Yes for all purposes in the game that mention/require a "Borg Cube" the tactical cube applies, so it should show up in the search engine as such. The glossary also specifically says it is a "Borg Cube".

I think it should be treated the same way "modified" and "advanced" are.

The issue for me is if I'm asking "what ships can I use with Harness or Maximum Firepower", the tactical cube should be presented as an answer.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
We're getting confused between "Class" and "Characteristic."

The class of the Borg Cube is "Borg Cube." The class of the Tactical Borg Cube is NOT "Borg Cube," and that is correct. Searching by class, including "Borg Cube," does not yield the Tactical Cube, and that is correct, expected behavior.

However, both of these cubes have the "Characteristic" of "Borg Cube," as needed for Maximum Firepower and Harness Particle 010.

The problem is that the database:

A) Does not list the Tactical Cube in the list of results when clicking on the "Borg Cube" characteristic from the Harness Maximum Firepower card page
B) Harness Particle 010 does not list "Borg Cube" as a required characteristic on its own card page (which it should)
C) The Tactical Cube does not list "Borg Cube" as a characteristic on its own page
D) There is no search engine functionality for "Borg Cube" by ship characteristic. There *IS* functionality to filter on Borg Cubes by class in the checkbox section (which does not include Tactical Cubes, nor is there a Tactical Cube filter). There is also functionality to select either "Borg Cube" or "Tactical Cube" in the class selection dropdown on the lower section of the search engine page.

"Borg Cube," as the database handles it, needs to be fixed and rethought. In some cases, it's treated as a class. In others, it's a characteristic. In some cases, generic Cubes and Tactical cubes are treated differently - and as a characteristic, they should definitely be treated the same.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Supernova seems to have same the image from 2 different episodes.

Klingon Outpost image uses the word "homeworld" instead of "Homeworld" like the other 2

Quark Son of Keldar image still is pre-decipher-errata
Last edited by eberlems on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
frakkingoff wrote:We're getting confused between "Class" and "Characteristic."

The class of the Borg Cube is "Borg Cube." The class of the Tactical Borg Cube is NOT "Borg Cube," and that is correct. Searching by class, including "Borg Cube," does not yield the Tactical Cube, and that is correct, expected behavior.

However, both of these cubes have the "Characteristic" of "Borg Cube," as needed for Maximum Firepower and Harness Particle 010.

The problem is that the database:

A) Does not list the Tactical Cube in the list of results when clicking on the "Borg Cube" characteristic from the Harness Maximum Firepower card page
B) Harness Particle 010 does not list "Borg Cube" as a required characteristic on its own card page (which it should)
C) The Tactical Cube does not list "Borg Cube" as a characteristic on its own page
D) There is no search engine functionality for "Borg Cube" by ship characteristic. There *IS* functionality to filter on Borg Cubes by class in the checkbox section (which does not include Tactical Cubes, nor is there a Tactical Cube filter). There is also functionality to select either "Borg Cube" or "Tactical Cube" in the class selection dropdown on the lower section of the search engine page.

"Borg Cube," as the database handles it, needs to be fixed and rethought. In some cases, it's treated as a class. In others, it's a characteristic. In some cases, generic Cubes and Tactical cubes are treated differently - and as a characteristic, they should definitely be treated the same.
:thumbsup:
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Klingon Outpost image uses the word "homeworld" instead of "Homeworld" like the other 2
I think this one's deliberate. HF6 deliberately cleaned up one or two things like this on the new prints without issuing errata.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
Gareb has his image listed as from two different episodes

Maximum Firepower has its image listed as from two different episodes

Future Enterprise has her image listed as from two different episodes

Admiral Riker has his image listed as from two different episodes

Seven of Nine (The Borg) has her image listed as from two different episodes

Damar has his image listed as from two different episodes

Panel Overload has its image listed as from two different episodes

Doran has his image listed as from two different episodes

Garren has her image listed as from two different episodes

Duras (Life From Lifelessness) has his image listed as from two different episodes

U.S.S. Drake has its image listed as from two different episodes
Last edited by eberlems on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
^ This is because, to the database, Block != Block Core.

I just wrote a kludge to fix it. It's very kludgey.
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Security Precautions image missing red color on last "OR"
I believe that's accurate to the card, no? This is the TWT version, and I think that typo was real.
Dathon seems to have a misquote.
Again, accurate to the card. Decipher didn't have access to the scripts, I believe, so they went with the spelling they heard, and, twenty-five years later, I think that's still "in-game canon" for us.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
eberlems wrote:Security Precautions image missing red color on last "OR"
I believe that's accurate to the card, no? This is the TWT version, and I think that typo was real.
Dathon seems to have a misquote.
Again, accurate to the card. Decipher didn't have access to the scripts, I believe, so they went with the spelling they heard, and, twenty-five years later, I think that's still "in-game canon" for us.
Yea, that's the way the cards were printed. But in case of any errata this might be changed too.
And in 2E there have been erratas for a "or" instead of "or" on Dangerous Mission missions.

Reopen Dig card and image has typo in both Archaeology requirements
Six of Eleven image missing dot after species
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]