This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Engage Shuttle Operations: Dominion makes warship and battleship important.

Warships:
Li'seria
warship class
warship in name
lore residing warship trait, except ning'tao

Battleships:
Dominion Battleship
Son'a Battleship

And, yes, I realize that not all of those are Dominion, but they can all be commandeer ed by Dominion.

Seperate but related, enhanced attack needs the jem'hadar attack ship tag.
Last edited by winterflames on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 pm Garak's Tailor Shop needs to acknowldge that it's looking for Cardassian Equipment cards. The tag already exists, referring to the [DL] on Security Chief Garak, but the shop needs to look for the flag too.
Those two aren't looking for the same thing. Garak is looking for Cardassian Equipment cards (cards that include "Cardassian" in title or lore, Cardassian disruptor, Cardassian PADD, etc). The Tailor shop is looking for Cardassian-compatible equipment (which is any equipment card that could be used a Cardassian, which includes not just the above but also generic equipment like Medical Tricorder).

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
A question involving the management of created decks on the site was split into its own thread in the Technical Difficulties section.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:37 pm
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 pm Garak's Tailor Shop needs to acknowldge that it's looking for Cardassian Equipment cards. The tag already exists, referring to the [DL] on Security Chief Garak, but the shop needs to look for the flag too.
Those two aren't looking for the same thing. Garak is looking for Cardassian Equipment cards (cards that include "Cardassian" in title or lore, Cardassian disruptor, Cardassian PADD, etc). The Tailor shop is looking for Cardassian-compatible equipment (which is any equipment card that could be used a Cardassian, which includes not just the above but also generic equipment like Medical Tricorder).
... are you sure about that? I've always interpreted it as just the Cardassian-based equipment, not just anything a Cardassian can use.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I would tend to agree that Cardassian-compatible would be anything a Cardassian can use. Starfleet Type II Phaser for instance is not Cardassian-compatible because Cardassians cannot use it, though they may get the +2 STRENGTH if present with a [Fed] or [NA] that uses it.

This brings up a question. Evek is a [NA] Cardassian species and CAN use the phaser, so if he is in Garak's Tailor Shop, does the phaser now count as Cardassian-compatible?

Sadly, there is no glossary term for Cardassian-compatible and the entry for Compatible does not speak about equipment.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am I would tend to agree that Cardassian-compatible would be anything a Cardassian can use. Starfleet Type II Phaser for instance is not Cardassian-compatible because Cardassians cannot use it, though they may get the +2 STRENGTH if present with a [Fed] or [NA] that uses it.

This brings up a question. Evek is a [NA] Cardassian species and CAN use the phaser, so if he is in Garak's Tailor Shop, does the phaser now count as Cardassian-compatible?

Sadly, there is no glossary term for Cardassian-compatible and the entry for Compatible does not speak about equipment.
@BCSWowbagger, there's a courtesy phone here with your colour on it. (I'm interested in the answers to this.)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not sure if it is just me, but the database entry for Preliminary Incursion isn't displaying it's point box on the card page or in the search engine
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation