This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Klauser wrote:Did a quick check and did not see this yet ...

The link for Earth on Set a Course for Home points to Research Devastating Attack.

Shouldn't it point to Espionage Mission ?
It points to one of the versions of the Earth persona. From there, one can find all other versions of said persona. Isn't that OK? Espionage was the first (published), which would be more elegant perhaps, as a first link; is that what you mean? Or do you have a different reason for bringing this up?

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Klauser wrote:Did a quick check and did not see this yet ...

The link for Earth on Set a Course for Home points to Research Devastating Attack.

Shouldn't it point to Espionage Mission ?
It points to one of the versions of the Earth persona. From there, one can find all other versions of said persona. Isn't that OK? Espionage was the first (published), which would be more elegant perhaps, as a first link; is that what you mean? Or do you have a different reason for bringing this up?
Hmmm ... fair point. Since Research Devastating Attack is the [22]-era Starfleet homeworld, I assumed a Voyager deck would need to use Espionage Mission.

Now that I reread Set a Course for Home, nowhere does it say "homeworld".

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
These are both deliberate. Designers (both Decipher and CC) often create (and fulfill) "broken links", cards that mention other cards that don't exist yet.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The set is fully out, it's just that the cards to complete those broken links will be in a future set or sets.

It's like when Decipher closed off (except for Enterprise Collection) 1E with the All Good Things set. The point of that set (other than to frustrate me because it's all I need to complete a Decipher 1E collection) was to close all the broken links (or perceived as such). You could almost go through card by card and say "This card exists because such and such a card mentioned it" with some of the links going way back.

I'm not sure if there were any in Premiere or not, but Timepod Ring came out in AGT after first being named on Alternate Universe's Quantum Singularity Lifeforms card, causing that broken link being broken for nearly 8 years.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0