This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:in the database, under ship traits, there is no checkbox for freighter.
That is because it is in the Ship Class Checklist.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:
Takket wrote:in the database, under ship traits, there is no checkbox for freighter.
I didn't notice this earlier. Does the Class checkbox for "freighter" also find "freighter" as a trait? (Edit: Seems not.)

In any case, it made me think of docking ports. That might be an additional source of info for you, Takket?
Via that card, you can find, e.g., Xhosa as a possible download (because "freighter" as trait, in lore). But since it's Antares class (not Freighter), you don't find it in a regular engine search if you want to find the trait, say, for above-mentioned Ports.

How does the Ports page, then, get its more inclusive information?

And shouldn't there be a trait checkbox, like there is for Transport?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
winterflames wrote:
I didn't notice this earlier. Does the Class checkbox for "freighter" also find "freighter" as a trait? (Edit: Seems not.)

In any case, it made me think of docking ports. That might be an additional source of info for you, Takket?
Via that card, you can find, e.g., Xhosa as a possible download (because "freighter" as trait, in lore). But since it's Antares class (not Freighter), you don't find it in a regular engine search if you want to find the trait, say, for above-mentioned Ports.

How does the Ports page, then, get its more inclusive information?

And shouldn't there be a trait checkbox, like there is for Transport?
Yeah... actually it was System 5 Disruptors that got me to looking. and i see the same thing that if you click on freighter on that page you get Xhosa, but not if you click on freighter in the search engine.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
There is a Ship Class Drop box and a Ship Class Check box. The check box is the freighters you are looking for. It is up there with Ship Trait check box.

I ... Just checked and they have the same results now? Someone fixed/broke it. Sad. When i was planning my All Free Freighters [1E-DS9] Deck it was not the same list. This was a couple years ago, however.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:There is a Ship Class Drop box and a Ship Class Check box. The check box is the freighters you are looking for. It is up there with Ship Trait check box.

I ... Just checked and they have the same results now? Someone fixed/broke it. Sad. When i was planning my All Free Freighters [1E-DS9] Deck it was not the same list. This was a couple years ago, however.
I read this in the spirit of the day, and when very tired, and after reading up on the Jokes topics. All I could make out was,
winterflames hardly wrote:These are not the freighters you are looking for.
Am I a bad person?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
winterflames hardly wrote:These are not the freighters you are looking for.
Am I a bad person?
Nope. Accurate. That was the spirit I wrote the first part. "These are the freighters" but they weren't...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
(Perhaps I should make this a cross-post in its own topic...? Done. Updated post there.)

Is there a dedicated topic for the Online Deck Builder portion of the site?

For some reason, right now, none of my text format tags (
HTML, e.g., < i >xxxx< /i > for italic
) in the strategy notes text fields are working. When I save the page they still seem to be there; but they don't appear on their deck pages, and when re-opening the editing page, all code tags have VANISHED.

So, warning: if this is not a Suden-localized problem, consider NOT updating your tag-heavy strategy/notes pages for they might be lost on you!

I haven't worked with the deck builder for some time (not since Corona), so I can't tell when the problem surfaced.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Tue May 19, 2020 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]