This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, so I tried to add a comment to a card (the card was fine with lore and instructions, but had the wrong copyright date), and I got an error.

It was Interphase Generator. Copyright 1995, but it's BB, so it should be 1994. Not sure what happen. Here is a copy of the error.

Error: Field 'fieldname' doesn't have a default value
Query = INSERT INTO card_1e_proofing (cardID, user_id, new_value) VALUES ('1403', '700', 'The year on the card is wrong. All BB cards were copyrighted in 1994.')

Anyhow, I haven't looked at other Premiere cards, but are we trying to get it all accurate? Are we putting the multiple copies of cards that were misprinted there, or just going for the most recent printings?

So, it is not letting me put any comments. On Alien Parasites, the card lore reads "gill like"; technically, from a English grammar point of view, the phrase should read "gill-like" with the hyphen because it is used as an adjective. It doesn't make grammatical sense otherwise because gill is a noun.

Not sure if these are the kinds of things we are going for, but I saw it nonetheless and wanted to comment. Until I learn how to add comments, I am going to stop editingl

By Redgar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey Maelwys, et. al.,

I'd like to help with "round 2", but want to make sure I know what to do.

I presume that, if I check the information in the box against the information on the card and everything matches, I do nothing except press "submit".

But, what do I do if I find a mistake? For example, take this fellow: Worf. The Lore is wrong: it's missing the "Lieu" in "Lieutenant". Hardly the end of the world, but nonetheless annoying.

Should I:

1. Fix the word in the "Lore" section, and hit submit?

2. Add a comment, saying: "this needs to be changed!"

3. Something else?

4. Stop with the pesky observations, and let TCC folks get on with the project in peace?

Thanks muchly for everyone's work on this (I saw the thread in the 1e section on where this is going!)

Cheers,

Max

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
@Redgar: Looks like people don't listen to us Klingons. Maybe they think we are trying to be subversive in some way, you know, sabotaging the list for the good of the Empire. :shifty: Hardly honorable, I would say. Sounds more Romulan to me. :wink:

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Sorry, missed this post the first time 'round.
Redgar wrote:I presume that, if I check the information in the box against the information on the card and everything matches, I do nothing except press "submit".
Correct.
Redgar wrote:But, what do I do if I find a mistake? For example, take this fellow: Worf. The Lore is wrong: it's missing the "Lieu" in "Lieutenant".
1. Fix the word in the "Lore" section, and hit submit?
Correct.

That is all. ;-)

By Redgar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Maelwys,

Thanks muchly! Alas, I have two more questions:

1. There are two sets of "special icon" fields. I understand from your earlier post duplication of information is not necessary, but for icons such as [Holo]: should the first or the second box be checked?

2. Is there a way to italicize / bold test in the lore field (i.e. for ships names or for persona references)?

Thanks again,

Redgar

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Redgar wrote:1. There are two sets of "special icon" fields. I understand from your earlier post duplication of information is not necessary, but for icons such as [Holo]: should the first or the second box be checked?
If I remember the code correctly, it doesn't matter which is checked, as long as one of them is. I'd just put that icon originally in the 'personnel' section, and than realized that there were some non-personnel Holos as well (equipment and such), so had to put a copy of it up there too (but left the previous copy under Personnel for easy access, since that's where it's usually used).
Redgar wrote:2. Is there a way to italicize / bold test in the lore field (i.e. for ships names or for persona references)?
Nope, you can just leave the lore text in plain formatting.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
OneofOne wrote:While editing the card Garak (the DS9 [Car] [NA] one) I listed the persona as Garak and not as Elim Garak. How can I fix this?
Don't worry about it. I do a quick scan/approval of every change before it hits the database anyway (to make sure nobody is mass-deleting items or anything silly like that), so I'll just make sure that this persona change doesn't get approved.

In general though, you really only need to mention the persona if it's different than the title (ie: if it's in bold in the lore). If the persona is the same as the title than it's assumed, and doesn't need to be specified.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
OneofOne wrote:While editing the card Garak (the DS9 [Car] [NA] one) I listed the persona as Garak and not as Elim Garak. How can I fix this?

Thanks!
You had this correct. Garak is his own persona, and not a version of Elim Garak.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Correcting a few common misconceptions I've seen recently:
  • Matching Ship/Commander status: Only mention any matching ships/commanders mentioned on the specific card that you're editing. So don't list Captain Kirk as the matching commander of the Starship Enterprise, because his card doesn't say he is. He'll automatically be flagged as matching commander of this Enterprise, because it says so on that card. But if you listed him as commander of the Starship Enterprise than it would also think he's commander of this ship and this ship, when he's not.
  • The braces ({ and }) are used to hyperlink to another card from within the gametext. Don't remove those, or the links will disappear.
  • Paranthesis (( and )) are used in the persona to identify a mirror version of the persona. Don't remove those, or the person will be considered a "normal" version instead of MU.
  • Chevrons (< and >) are used in the persona to identify the infiltrator target. Don't remove those, or the person will be considered a "normal" version instead of infiltrator.
As I think of more, I'll let you know...

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]