This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1407 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I wouldn't say no! But I feel like somebody around here must have access to an unsealed TwT starter who can answer. Possibly I do? But my rooms are in mid-move and I can't check for another week or two.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:50 pm I wouldn't say no! But I feel like somebody around here must have access to an unsealed TwT starter who can answer. Possibly I do? But my rooms are in mid-move and I can't check for another week or two.
Took some digging, but I found them. They're black border cards with a 2000 copyright date.

Thing is, there's no Firestorm in either starter.
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't even remember now, days later, where I read that it was in TwT. Looking at the preconstructed lists, I don't see it now.

You got a Firestorm with a 2000 copyright date, though? What's the gametext say?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:09 pm I can't even remember now, days later, where I read that it was in TwT. Looking at the preconstructed lists, I don't see it now.

You got a Firestorm with a 2000 copyright date, though? What's the gametext say?
No.. I very specifically *DON'T* have one of those. I'm pretty sure they don't exist.
 -  
Community Contributor
:thumbsup:

Then I think that's our answer: the 2000 errata was never printed. It existed only in the Glossary, then was (probably accidentally) partly reversed in 2008, when the CC produced the first virtual errata file.

(That was us, right? Decipher didn't make a 1E virtual errata file in its waning days?)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:24 am :thumbsup:

Then I think that's our answer: the 2000 errata was never printed. It existed only in the Glossary, then was (probably accidentally) partly reversed in 2008, when the CC produced the first virtual errata file.

(That was us, right? Decipher didn't make a 1E virtual errata file in its waning days?)
That must have been us. Decipher lost the license at the end of 2007.
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 am
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:24 am :thumbsup:

That must have been us. Decipher lost the license at the end of 2007.
Wellllllll, right now I'm dating the original errata file based on nothing more than "when it appeared on the CC website," which is not a maximally reliable dating method. The first time the "1E Virtual Errata File" appeared in the Wayback Machine archive of the CC website was March 2008, so that's when I dated it. But it's possible that the errata file existed before that (maybe as early as 2007) and the CC just copied it over here like it did the Rulebook.

There's still a lot I don't really know about early CC history, much as I've tried to rectify that.

EDIT: Markus just sent me a PM where he scoured the Decipher website and couldn't find any evidence of a Decipher Virtual Errata file, so it does look like that was us.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I love the new entries that detail the errata over the years. But there's a problem. The cards that used to be banned, but aren't anymore, are still listing themselves as being called, like Seek Hidden Reliquary - it was banned, until adjusted, but its entry still lists why it was banned 3 years ago.
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:40 pm I love the new entries that detail the errata over the years. But there's a problem. The cards that used to be banned, but aren't anymore, are still listing themselves as being called, like Seek Hidden Reliquary - it was banned, until adjusted, but its entry still lists why it was banned 3 years ago.
This is my fault. When I added the new errata table, it changed the behavior of the watchlist status. It used to be that the watchlist status always listed the most recent watchlist action. Now it lists the most recent watchlist action, excluding errata (which appear in the other table now). But since many items get removed from the watchlist/banlist because of errata, that means the most recent watchlist action (if you exclude errata) is often the banning/watchlisting that led to the errata in the first place!

I've had it on a list to fix for the past couple of weeks, but was hoping to get the fix checked in before anyone noticed. I do intend to have it fixed by next Monday.
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:18 pm
jrch5618 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:40 pm I love the new entries that detail the errata over the years. But there's a problem. The cards that used to be banned, but aren't anymore, are still listing themselves as being called, like Seek Hidden Reliquary - it was banned, until adjusted, but its entry still lists why it was banned 3 years ago.
This is my fault. When I added the new errata table, it changed the behavior of the watchlist status. It used to be that the watchlist status always listed the most recent watchlist action. Now it lists the most recent watchlist action, excluding errata (which appear in the other table now). But since many items get removed from the watchlist/banlist because of errata, that means the most recent watchlist action (if you exclude errata) is often the banning/watchlisting that led to the errata in the first place!

I've had it on a list to fix for the past couple of weeks, but was hoping to get the fix checked in before anyone noticed. I do intend to have it fixed by next Monday.
UPDATE: This is now fixed.

Also, the "This card has errata. See the original image here." text has been replaced by an entry in the errata table for the card's Original Printing. This way, you can see the card's entire history in one spot.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:54 pm Is it just me or is the something wrong with revised Neelix' picture?

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=5397
... did we manage to get a miscut on a virtual card? ;)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm
winterflames wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:54 pm Is it just me or is the something wrong with revised Neelix' picture?

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=5397
... did we manage to get a miscut on a virtual card? ;)
Strangely... yes. The actual source image is shifted left. Weird. That file hasn't changed in 4 years now. So... congrats on finding it?

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]