This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1407 posts

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:30 pm
AllenGould wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm
winterflames wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:54 pm Is it just me or is the something wrong with revised Neelix' picture?

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=5397
... did we manage to get a miscut on a virtual card? ;)
Strangely... yes. The actual source image is shifted left. Weird. That file hasn't changed in 4 years now. So... congrats on finding it?
I can't take any credit, it is the card of the day today.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Quark Son of Keldar is an interesting case.

Legally, the black-border print from BoG is non-functional errata to the original white-border print from 1Anth. ("All attributes" became "attributes all".)

However, as far as I can tell, we don't have a print of the white-border errata, do we? Should the BoG print be treated as the errata image for the 1Anth print?

I'm genuinely not sure how to proceed here, and figured I'd mention/ask.

(Thanks to jrch for noticing the issue.)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
One of the sometimes-overlooked responsibilities of the Rules Master is records management.

Today, @jrch5618 brought it to my attention that about two dozen banned cards, which were banned before the watch list came out (such as All Threes and In The Zone), had no official ban date or ban explanation in the card database.

I just took an hour and added all of them. Every banned card should now have some explanation. Please let me know if you see any errors, inconsistencies, or just plain wrong explanations.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Tribunal and Civil War are not the names of cards, and are therefore jargon.

If the point of ban explanations in the card database is to explain the bans, then the entirety of the card's name should be used, rather than shorthand that only remains accessible to those who already "know the answer."
Last edited by DISCO Rox No More on Wed May 25, 2022 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:13 pm Tribunal and Civil War are not the names of cards, and are therefore jargon.

If the point of ban explanations in the card database is to explain the bans, then the entirety of the card's name should be used, rather than shorthand that remains accessible to those who already "know the answer."
Touche'
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
harry696 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:12 am The database page for Referee Reprints Operate Wormhole Relays https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=3101 is missing "s)" after Transwarp Network Gateway (should read Gateways). Also the card photo is the errata version from the Dominion set. Should there not be an errata version of the original Referee Reprint card?
Text is corrected and about 20 similar ones. Can't find an image with errata and Referee Reprints icon.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Some database pages for the recent Series R promos need corrections.

287VP Authorized Access Only - Lore and Image Source are incorrect as they reflect those from the Broken Bow version
288VP Friendly Fire- Lore and Image Source are incorrect as they reflect those from The Dominion version
289VP Federation Flagship: Recovered-Image Source is incorrect as it reflects that from the Engage version
290VP Strategic Base-Lore and Image Source is incorrect as they reflect those from The Next Generation version. Also, the lore on the card does not match the errata version from The Next Generation version but the original version. The TNG version received errata 2021-11-02.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
harry696 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 am Some database pages for the recent Series R promos need corrections.

287VP Authorized Access Only - Lore and Image Source are incorrect as they reflect those from the Broken Bow version
288VP Friendly Fire- Lore and Image Source are incorrect as they reflect those from The Dominion version
289VP Federation Flagship: Recovered-Image Source is incorrect as it reflects that from the Engage version
290VP Strategic Base-Lore and Image Source is incorrect as they reflect those from The Next Generation version. Also, the lore on the card does not match the errata version from The Next Generation version but the original version. The TNG version received errata 2021-11-02.
All changed but Strategic Base, still needs some on how to process it.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The following database pages have errors and need to be corrected to match the text on the cards.

Mortal Q (Q Continuum Leadership x-1 should read Leadership -1 (x should be removed)

Q-Flash (Q Continuum) Last sentence, pay should read play

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]