This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote: [*]Paranthesis (( and )) are used in the persona to identify a mirror version of the persona. Don't remove those, or the person will be considered a "normal" version instead of MU.
[*]Chevrons (< and >) are used in the persona to identify the infiltrator target. Don't remove those, or the person will be considered a "normal" version instead of infiltrator.[/list]
I didn't know about these, so I may have missed some Founders from the Dominion set (Martok Founder, Kira Founder, O'Brien Founder...). Though it looks like this may have been caught.
Maelwys wrote:As I think of more, I'll let you know...
Please do!

By OneofOne
 -  
FYI: Please see Fair Play (DS9 version). The gametext is different in the database (when compared to the image and actual card). I left it as is because it made more sense (and thought it may be a corrected version). The Voyager Fair Play has the same text in the database as is on the image.

Thanks!

By OneofOne
 -  
Rebi and Azan have two communication icons yet there is only a checkbox for one. Also, would they be able to report for free to War Council (they are two people so I don't think so and thus didn't list it).

By OneofOne
 -  
Where do you want the "Order" part of second edition cards?
Where do you want the cost of second edition cards?
Do you want corresponding ship in both corresponding ship and gametext or lore?
Thanks for the fantastic database!

By Isidus
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
OneofOne wrote:Rebi and Azan have two communication icons yet there is only a checkbox for one. Also, would they be able to report for free to War Council (they are two people so I don't think so and thus didn't list it).
Yes, they can. From the glossary about Dual-Personnel:
"Reporting and downloading – If one of the
personnel on a dual-personnel card can be
reported for free (e.g., an android with
Cybernetics present) or downloaded (e.g., a
SECURITY personnel with Defend
Homeworld), the other individual is also
reported for free or downloaded."

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
First of all, I really like the 1E database, thanks to all who got this developed and the data entered.

But I do see errors in some of the pages and searches. I'd like to help by fixing them. How can I? I tried using the link in the article about the new cardlist, but it gives me the early cards in the "Second Edition" set; I'd like to be able to choose what card to edit, and I don't see how to.

Alternately, would you prefer that I report the database errors to someone, rather than fix them myself?

(BTW, while I'm here, I will mention one minor quibble I have with the presentation of the card pages. Each card's page has a link to the previous and next cards, represented by a thumbnail of the card. These are really small, and hard to see what the card is -- could they be made a little bigger?)

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
OneofOne wrote:I cannot find the spot for a restriction box. Can I enter it under the gametext or is that create too much work for you?
Yeah, that's probably because I'm using a different editor than you are, and I forgot to add it to the "basic" editor. ;-) In any case, if you look at the actual card entry in the database you'd probably see that the restriction box was there already.

For any questions regarding specific cards and how to record information on them (like the Rebi and Azan one, and others here) the best answer is just to make a note in the "Notes" field. Those notes don't actually appear on the card or anything, they're just for my reference. So anything you put there will be brought to my attention so that I can make any changes required.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote:But I do see errors in some of the pages and searches. I'd like to help by fixing them. How can I?
I've added back the "Edit" link on each card display, if you need to correct a specific card. The main editor link (from the article and the top of this thread) is for automatically editing the next card "in line" that needs to be edited.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Okay, that gets me to the edit page for the right card ... but then "Submit" just reloads the edit page, discarding my changes.

EDIT: Oh wait ... now it looks like it just takes a few minutes for the update to go through. Does that sound right?
Last edited by commdecker on Sat May 29, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote:Okay, that gets me to the edit page for the right card ... but then "Submit" just reloads the edit page, discarding my changes.
Not discarded, just not implemented until they've been reviewed and approved. They're there now.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I just noticed this when looking at the new Life from Lifelessness cards. The 2E card James T. Kirk, Original Thinker should be a persona of Captain Kirk, not of James T. Kirk per the 2E Conversion rules. I haven't checked to see how many of the other cards (such as the enterprises) that have different names in the two editions are listed in the database, but is probably something that should be double checked.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]