This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Regional Season continues! This time around, in addition to interviewing the winners, I thought I'd post little previews of the upcoming events for the week. In addition, I'll try to guess the winners; anyone who wants to can play along at home and post their own predictions. I'll keep track of correct guesses throughout the season, and whoever picks the most winners has an Ambassador Foil with their name on it.
*Disclaimers: Predictions must appear in forum posts, and must be posted prior to the day of the event. No conditional picks! In case of a tie, I may need to resort to a random method of choosing the foil recipient, since I only have one to give away. Your name will not actually be written or typed on the foil.

1E Leaderboard after week 7:
4 Points: Armus
3 Points: LORE, The Ninja Scot, edgeofhearing, prylardurden, TyKajada
2 Points: chompers, Worf Son of Mogh, JamesValEson, rsutton41
1 Point: Mogor, The Mad Vulcan, Resistance-is-futile, JeBuS, karonofborg13, GooeyChewie

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=9022
Andoria Regional #2: Sioux Falls, SD 5/21
Last Year's Attendance: 6 players
Last Year's Winner: Kevin Jaeger
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Kris Sonsteby (1883), Kevin Jaeger (1863)
My Prediction: Kris managed to get the best of Kevin last time they met in First Edition, I'm predicting that Kevin will get the upper hand this time.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8947
German Nationals: Munich, Germany 5/21
Last Year's Attendance: 9 Players
Last Year's Winner: Johannes Klarhauser
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Stefan de Walf (1862), Johannes Klarhauser (1796), Stefan Slaby (1775), Peter Ludwig (1736), Johan Skoglund (1605), Gerald Sieber (1507), Rafael Palenta (1316)
My Prediction: There are some big First Edition names preregistered for this event, and for the Regional afterwards. Each time I lean towards picking someone, like the consistently good Johannes, I realize that there's someone else equally deserving of the pick like former World Champion Stefan Slaby. But then when I go to pick him, I find it impossible to pick against perennially creative deckbuilders Peter Ludwig and Stefan de Walf. I'm picking the latter, as he is the current European Championship Belt holder. Because this is a National event, it won't count directly for the winner picking competition, but I will use it as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8948
Vandros IV Regional #1: Munich, Germany 5/22
Last Year's Attendance: N/A
Last Year's Winner: N/A
Preregistered This Year (Ratings in Parentheses): Stefan de Walf (1862), Johannes Klarhauser (1796), Stefan Slaby (1775), Peter Ludwig (1736), Johan Skoglund (1605)
My Prediction:The National got the long version. This gets the short version. Stefan de Walf.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I'm hoping to hear some play-by-play (and drink-by-drink) running commentary from the Germans to keep us all entertained!

But that is a World Class line up of players! Should be a fun weekend!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Kris "The Old Pro" Sonsteby
Stefan "Showtime" de Walf
and sentimental favorite "The Kaiser" Johannes Klarhauser. My hope guess is he will survive the alcohol fueled, sleep deprived, war of attrition better than the field and win The Hangover that will be Day 2. :cross:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
In order: Kris, Slaby, and Johannes.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
KazonPADD wrote:Could choices just be "Jaeger and whoever consumes the most Jäger"?
+1

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
KazonPADD wrote:Could choices just be "Jaeger and whoever consumes the most Jäger"?
:thumbsup:

#believeinthejager

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:I'm hoping to hear some play-by-play (and drink-by-drink) running commentary from the Germans to keep us all entertained!

But that is a World Class line up of players! Should be a fun weekend!
It will sure be fun to join this event, first one I attend since moving to Germany. And I like being the underdog as well. ;-)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sonsteby and then DeWalf destroys both German events.

(There are a ton of great players in these, but I'm playing the odds by picking Stephan twice. He'll win at least one of them, and now I can get at least one point. Nothing would be worse than picking him for the wrong one.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SD: Big Kev brings the noise in his own back yard.

German Nationals: Stefan de Walf and his big purple dildo

German Regionals: Johannes Klarhauser and his consistently top level game.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]