This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By adf8
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Legate_Damar wrote:McCoy doesn't need to be banned, he just needs an errata. His ability was originally balanced out by being one of the rarest cards in the game - you were rewarded for all the money you spent by gaining access to the most powerful Medical personnel in the game. And, honestly, as broken as most Delta Quadrant personnel are, at the time of TwT's release I was glad to see some serious respect given to the Original Series crew.

Now that I can wallpaper my room with TwT McCoys if I want, I do think his ability is a bit too powerful. He should be limited to once or maybe twice per game, like his TMP version.
Totally agreed that an errata would be preferable, personally I'd like the effect to be limited to only AT/crews of only [OS] personnel to eliminate silly TMW shenanigans and make add a more unique flavor to [OS] decks

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote: Son'a Observatory. It's bad enough that one seed card lets you download everything you need to solve a 35 point mission directly to the mission. But then solving the mission gives the player an extra turn and free unstops for the rest of the game. It also provides downloads over multiple turns and lets warships report for free, both of which are pet peeves of mine if they're done without a really good reason.

Here's a free design idea: Make a wall that requires no Youth to lock out a player that has completed Collect Metaphasic Particles.
:thumbsup: I have no idea what the designers were thinking with this one, especially as it came out before General Quarters. The first deck I built when I got back into the game ran this, even then I realised how nuts it is.

For anyone wanting explanations: There's a whole thread on why Quantum Incursions sucks, and it was the only reason I didn't play KCA at Continentals this year.
adf8 wrote: TwT Dr. McCoy
I'd be very happy to see McCoy get errata. I try to avoid any Medical dilemmas due to the popularity of McCoy, which is a shame because so much of Trek is about curing random alien diseases.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
For anyone wanting explanations: There's a whole thread on why Quantum Incursions sucks, and it was the only reason I didn't play KCA at Continentals this year.

Heaven forbid we have one dilemma that Mirror Klingons and Deltas have a hard time solving...

On the subject of Son'a Observatory, it was designed by the Worlds winner one year for his favorite niche group, those shitheads from Insurrection. Unfortunately, you can tell that it's a creator's pet project because it's just too damn good. Any card that can take one group of cards (the Son'a/Metaphasic particles stuff) from barely used to broken is far too powerful.

Also, it doesn't make much Trek sense for it to be used in almost every Enterprise-E deck, seeing as the crew of the E risked their Starfleet careers and their very lives to stop Ruafo's plan. At the very least, Collect Metaphasic should read "May not be attempted by [Fed] without Treachery" or something.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I wouldn't. In fact, I would take your offer and remove Dixon Hill from the ban list instead! Bwahahahaha!

By razzy (Sidney Thomerson)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Yeah... mea culpa on the Barclay's/Thine Own Self thing...

Thine Own Self was some classic anti-redshirt tech back in the day, but it's potential to be used offensively is a little strong. Thank God it doesn't have a ref icon. I would 100% support an errata that caused it to simply capture a 2 person away team rather than stranding them under the planet.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ehhh, he's just giving you grief about it, razzy. It was just an unexpected trick. Now the guy who fell for it twice - even though he had Delta Flyer and Landing Protocols - that's the guy who should be ticked off about it! :D

EDIT: The main thing I don't like about Thine Own is affecting starship crews. I also dislike it from a Trek-sense perspective, as the episode it's from dealt with Data being alone. It would make more sense if it affected only one person.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
KazonPADD wrote:Naomi Wildman.

No issue with the card. Just hate annoying children on TV shows.
But she's an integral part of the "Give Tom Paris Navigation x12 For No Good Reason" combo!

By razzy (Sidney Thomerson)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Personally, I've always hated Q the Referee; that's why I love OTF. I'd much prefer to see a collection of multi function counter cards like Cold Warriors than a bunch of autoinclude ref cards that make the cheese frankly unplayable by default.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Legate_Damar wrote:Myself and two other Honor Cardassians for 15 points...
Well Played, Brah, Well Played... :cheersR:
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0