This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: To me, that's what Warp Speed format is for. And, yeah, maybe we need to promote and support Warp Speed more heavily than we do. (I play it every so often, but I can't think of the last time I heard of anyone else doing it.) Decipher built Warp Speed (particularly Voyager-logo Warp Speed) to be fun and easy for new players to pick up. And, you know what? It is!
Warp is for draft. I'm not talking draft. I'm talking about a true format that uses a limited number of cards (not Block, not Open, a mix with a lot larger amount) from each era/property logo that creates a fun/well balanced and moderately timed games that presents all the fun of 1E. Capping non-dilemma seed decks, draw decks and card amounts b/c again it's timed. The idea that awarding interaction but making sure solving missions and overcoming dilemmas is a primary goal. Balancing all affiliations (with a quicker turn around). I don't think it needs to be a new 1E version called 3E. Again, it's the primary essence of 1E but in a better quicker format.

I guess its more a pipe dream for me b/c again, we all know the game is declining. Look at the numbers and participations. And again I think that's a fault at not changing with the times of what people want. Kids have less of an attention span. Adults (us kids that played the game in the Decipher area) don't have the time to sit and play in a 8+ hour tournament. I think if you were able to have a 3-4 round tournament that lasted 2-3 hours, I'd actually be able to go to a local game store and promote this. I can't do that with current 1E. And it's ashame. But again, people are going to holler "That's not my trek ccg!" and so be it. The game will dwindle and all the hard work the CC put in, will just eventually die off when the rest of us get old and die off as well...

~D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:If I'm still doing the Director of 1E gig later this year, this is something I'd like to take a long, hard look at and make some progress on.
That's fantastic!
HoodieDM wrote:Warp is for draft. I'm not talking draft.
What? Why? Who says? What's wrong with Warp Speed Constructed?

Now I feel like I need to run a Warp Speed Constructed just to see how it goes.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:If I'm still doing the Director of 1E gig later this year, this is something I'd like to take a long, hard look at and make some progress on.
That's fantastic!
Mogor wrote:Warp is for draft. I'm not talking draft.

Whoa you got me and Hoodie mixed up there
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Warp is for draft. I'm not talking draft.

Whoa you got me and Hoodie mixed up there
Whoops sorry. I'll edit.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
If memory serves, wasn't Warp Constructed just... hilariously fast? (Warp Sealed was pretty bonkers as well, but I think my group did one constructed and everyone went "yup, that's balls broken")

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]