This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Apologies if this has been asked before. But I was just browsing the First Edition Vulcans to see if we already had a Surak (we do, but not from The Savage Curtain) and stumbled across this card combination which I find rather baffling.

Charles Tucker III (Live Long and Prosper) says:
[DL] Neuropressure Massage
But Neuropressure Massage says (my emphasis):
Plays on table. At the end of each of your turns, if all your personnel are Vulcan, you may draw two cards and place one of them beneath draw deck.
So am I missing something, like some rule or some other card, or does he download a card whose gametext his very existence in play disables?

Because otherwise I'm very confused.

Any help greatly appreciated.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MattgomeryScott wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before. But I was just browsing the First Edition Vulcans to see if we already had a Surak (we do, but not from The Savage Curtain) and stumbled across this card combination which I find rather baffling.

Charles Tucker III (Live Long and Prosper) says:
[DL] Neuropressure Massage
But Neuropressure Massage says (my emphasis):
Plays on table. At the end of each of your turns, if all your personnel are Vulcan, you may draw two cards and place one of them beneath draw deck.
So am I missing something, like some rule or some other card, or does he download a card whose gametext his very existence in play disables?

Because otherwise I'm very confused.

Any help greatly appreciated.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Vulcan = Species OR Affiliation. So Trip in [Vul] mode is a Vulcan. This also works in Kolinahr decks.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:Make sure you have him in [Vul] mode before you [DL] and you're all set!
Armus wrote: Vulcan = Species OR Affiliation. So Trip in [Vul] mode is a Vulcan. This also works in Kolinahr decks.
Ah, so Vulcan is both the species and the affiliation. That would explain it. Thank you.

EDIT: In my defence, I haven't played 1E since my 18th Birthday... which was a while ago... :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:Make sure you have him in [Vul] mode before you [DL] and you're all set!
Armus wrote: Vulcan = Species OR Affiliation. So Trip in [Vul] mode is a Vulcan. This also works in Kolinahr decks.
Ah, so Vulcan is both the species and the affiliation. That would explain it. Thank you.

EDIT: In my defence, I haven't played 1E since my 18th Birthday... which was a while ago... :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
This is true of all words that could be a species or affiliation (e.g. Romulan, Klingon, Bajoran, etc.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
My 2E brain was highly confused the first time I saw him. Then I got it ‘splained to me.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:This is true of all words that could be a species or affiliation (e.g. Romulan, Klingon, Bajoran, etc.)
Thanks. This is one of the things I like about 2E over 1E. Things are bit more clear-cut and defined, so there's generally less ambiguity.
MidnightLich wrote:It's one of my least favorite rules, but occasionally - such as with Mr. Tucker - it is useful.

-crp
I can imagine. Must make card design tricky at times though, especially when Vulcan is a species, an affiliation and a planet! :?
jadziadax8 wrote:My 2E brain was highly confused the first time I saw him. Then I got it ‘splained to me.

Ah good, it wasn't just me. :D Thanks.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
MattgomeryScott wrote:
pfti wrote:This is true of all words that could be a species or affiliation (e.g. Romulan, Klingon, Bajoran, etc.)
Thanks. This is one of the things I like about 2E over 1E. Things are bit more clear-cut and defined, so there's generally less ambiguity.
MidnightLich wrote:It's one of my least favorite rules, but occasionally - such as with Mr. Tucker - it is useful.

-crp
I can imagine. Must make card design tricky at times though, especially when Vulcan is a species, an affiliation and a planet! :?
jadziadax8 wrote:My 2E brain was highly confused the first time I saw him. Then I got it ‘splained to me.

Ah good, it wasn't just me. :D Thanks.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
YES and NO
1e can refer to both together buy simple saying Bajoran, any one of the affiliation only by using the icon [Baj] , or species only by saying Bajoran Species, 2e dose two of those things well as well... BUT has a hard time getting both species and affiliation at the same time imo.

Like many things between 1e and 2e its just one of the key things to learn as a difference, it broke my brain for ages that ships and equipment are basically never stopped in 2e only the people....
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]