This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 161 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Participant 2021
patrick wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 am
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:02 am Does this qualify (because using the special equipment instead of ship name implies there should/could/will me more with that same equipment)? I feel it does.
It is possible to have other ships in play with the Solar Sails special equipment by using Salvage Starship or Holographic Camouflage.
good point. thx.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We do see 2 different ones, right. But I think it is looking for special equipment because damage can make them go offline.
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.
If there's only one ship with a solar sail in all of canonical Trek, and the game captured it and its support card correctly, how is that a broken link?

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.
If there's only one ship with a solar sail in all of canonical Trek, and the game captured it and its support card correctly, how is that a broken link?
But there is a second - Akoren Laan's ship.
First Edition Balance Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
jrch5618 wrote:
Armus wrote:
I'd also put it on the U.S.S. Yorktown from IV.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 am
jrch5618 wrote:
Armus wrote:
I'd also put it on the U.S.S. Yorktown from IV.
Very well. Adding Solar Sail to the list on the 'reference card refers to group that only has one member'. Heck, the Starship Yorktown could very well have "Solar Sail (while damaged)" for that's when they tried to make one, afte the Whale Probe did its doody.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Participant 2021
AllGoodThings203 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:54 am Just occurred to me that [Obj] Boarding Party mention characteristic Boarding Pod. But the only one is [Kaz]Kazon Shuttle. Is it count as Broken Link?
I recently had the same question for Solar Sail. Read the subsequent comments to find out more. :thumbsup: :cheersL:

The draft begins in seven days! Still plenty of ti[…]

I am so pleased to finally announce this. After a[…]

Bombing the whales is always the correct decision.

Temporal Micro-Wormhole

So it wouldn't get me another report; just allo[…]