This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 178 posts

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote:
jrch5618 wrote: NEW! Corbomite Maneuver: named by [Inc] Risk Is Our Business
It's Corbomite Device, not Maneuver. That's just the name of the episode. =)
Thanks. I fixed that Device and added Stone's [DL] of Legal Proceedings - he's now on the list twice due to the starbase broken link.

There is no changes to the list with Q Who - no links opened or closed.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
fix the last broken link left unclosed by decipher, and resurrected by the latest virtual expansion: a way to set the variable Q.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wait-a-moment - did my little list here get PINNED?

I'm honored.
Discovery rox wrote:fix the last broken link left unclosed by decipher, and resurrected by the latest virtual expansion: a way to set the variable Q.
Hmmmm. Is the 'Q CUNNING" by Mortal Q and Q of Borg worthy of my list? With one weird old card from 1996, I'd consider it a joke - but with recent developments....
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jrch5618 wrote:Wait-a-moment - did my little list here get PINNED?
It did. It should have been done a long time ago. I wanted to be able to find it, so I pinned it.

Thanks for doing this.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Wait-a-moment - did my little list here get PINNED?
It did. It should have been done a long time ago. I wanted to be able to find it, so I pinned it.

Thanks for doing this.

-crp
Links to this thread -- and all other handy resources like it -- are in the pinned Handy Resources thread.

I'm not a mod anymore, so this isn't my call nowadays, but (personally) I'm not a big fan of pinning useful threads. The problem is there are A LOT of very useful threads (13 currently, plus a half-dozen or so other threads discussing useful external resources). If we pin them all, we end up with so many threads pinned that they take over the whole initial screen. Users (especially users with smaller monitors) end up having to scroll down just to see the recently active threads. I think that, in turn, discourages activity.

None of this is to disparage jrch's work. This particular handy resource is one of my favorites, and a very useful resource. I'm delighted he's getting his moment in the sun.

:twocents:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I can only recall 1 new broken link in TNZ... but it’s a weird one....

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nomination: Paul Rice nullifies "Echo Papa 607", but the only such card currently existing is Echo Papa 607 Killer Drone.

(Although technically, I suppose Paul can't actually nullify that card at all since there is no colon or dash after Echo Papa 607; in which case the broken link is a card named "Echo Papa 607")

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Rachmaninoff wrote:Nomination: Paul Rice nullifies "Echo Papa 607", but the only such card currently existing is Echo Papa 607 Killer Drone.

(Although technically, I suppose Paul can't actually nullify that card at all since there is no colon or dash after Echo Papa 607; in which case the broken link is a card named "Echo Papa 607")
Yeah, not sure about that. It's a very weak argument. I'd need some convincing.

One that could go on my secondary 'only one member in a card group' is Kivas Fajo mentioning a Palor Toff card group (Palor Toff would fall under the colon rule), but that's just as weak.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Rachmaninoff wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Yeah, not sure about that. It's a very weak argument. I'd need some convincing.
Precedent: Decipher pitched Bynars Data Transfer as closing the "broken link" on 10 and 01 (who could only download Bynars Weapon Enhancement when released).

Edit: Also not really any different than Phlox and Sickbay
I really should be reading my unread PMs right now, so I'll give a quick :twocents: here and then head out.

I think Echo Papa 607 is best interpreted as a characteristic rather than a card title / card title group. So Paul Rice properly nullifies it under the rules, for the same basic reason that System 5 Disruptors plays on a Zibalian Freighter.

I think Decipher believed that 10 and 01 had a broken link because their download said "any", which implies that there are more out there. That doesn't hold true with Paul Rice, so I think it's okay to say he just targets a characteristic that belongs to only one card (and does so for space reasons, not because they really wanted a new characteristic).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: I think Decipher believed that 10 and 01 had a broken link because their download said "any", which implies that there are more out there. .
This is so. I remember that the word ANY was the basis for the broken link.

Kind of like Kivas Fajo wasn't meant to be a broken link, just a way to save space on the card I'd imagine.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Heh, appears I already had the Fajo/Toff thing on my list as a card group thing. I'll leave it for now.

So far I don't have any updates for Neutral Zone. I'll be watching.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Neutral Zone update:

One link was closed - [NA] Stella Mudd now exists to nag [NA] Harcourt Fenton Mudd (up to 500 times - but no more).

A single tier-2 broken link was added with White Rabbit needing a Pocketwatch. And the only one is [Art] Samuel Clemens' Pocketwatch.

That is all unless someone has other suggestions. :)
Last edited by jrch5618 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jrch5618 wrote:Neutral Zone update:

No broken links were closed with Neutral Zone.

A single tier-2 broken link was added with White Rabbit needing a Pocketwatch. And the only one is [Art] Samuel Clemens' Pocketwatch.

Stella Mudd was a broken link from Harcourt Fenton Mudd. This is why she is named "Stella Mudd" and not the more consistent "Stella Series."

-crp

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:Neutral Zone update:

One link was closed - [NA] Stella Mudd now exists to nag [NA] Harcourt Fenton Mudd (up to 500 times - but no more).

Stella Mudd was a broken link from Harcourt Fenton Mudd. This is why she is named "Stella Mudd" and not the more consistent "Stella Series."

-crp
Good catch. List updated.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]