This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 178 posts

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, the A Private Little War update is rather small, but things are going in the right direction with the list at -1.

Additions:
Type 9 Shuttlecraft refers to Nova-class ships, of which only one exists - so I'm adding it as a second-tier broken link.

Updates:
I Love You now has a second personnel who can [DL] it in Elaas.

Closed:
[Int] Team of Ambassadors now exists.
[NA] [Vul] Excalbian Surak - being a second non [22] [Vul] card, closes the reference on the Vulcan time locations.

That's it. Still on the fence about Mortal Q's and Q of Borg's Q cunning, but since nothing really cares about it, I'm content to leave it be.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I don't mean to intrude on the 1E side (I didn't read the entire 10 pages but tried to search them, so if it's discussed elsewhere, apologies), but I recalled a conversation after All Good Things, where someone (I think Siskoid) listed several other implied broken links (you have things like other "Intendants" listed, so I think these might also work, however questionable). Among them:

[SD] Another [1E-AU] ship with "future" in lore that is not already listed on Maximum Firepower.
[SD] Another card with Tsunkatse in its title for Penk.
[SD] Another The Traveler card, implied by the title of The Traveler: Transcendence.

Do as you will. Just wanted to make the suggestion (or observation).
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Guardian wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 pm [SD] Another card with Tsunkatse in its title for Penk.
url=https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mode=card&cardID=5]Hajur[/url] & Seven of Nine just informed that I was looking at lore instead of title.
The Guardian wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 pm [SD] Another The Traveler card, implied by the title of The Traveler: Transcendence.
The Traveler

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 pm I don't mean to intrude on the 1E side (I didn't read the entire 10 pages but tried to search them, so if it's discussed elsewhere, apologies), but I recalled a conversation after All Good Things, where someone (I think Siskoid) listed several other implied broken links (you have things like other "Intendants" listed, so I think these might also work, however questionable). Among them:

[SD] Another [1E-AU] ship with "future" in lore that is not already listed on Maximum Firepower.
[SD] Another card with Tsunkatse in its title for Penk.
[SD] Another The Traveler card, implied by the title of The Traveler: Transcendence.

Do as you will. Just wanted to make the suggestion (or observation).
Penk's ability is: [DL] Any other card that has "Tsunkatse" in title or lore - which has five possibilities. I am not willing to call a second Tsunkatse-in-title a broken link when the ability calls for either. (I am open for discussion on the subject, but am on the fence.)

The Traveler: Transcendence is not a broken link. A few cards refer to it by the entire title. There are no colon-rule issues here. Case closed.

As for Maximum Firepower - you have a very good point. There are only three ships with 'future' in lore. The Future Enterprise, the Pasteur, and the Fek'lhr. And TWO OF THEM ARE SPECIFICALLY CALLED OUT ON THE TACTIC. So, the "any [1E-AU] ship with the word "future" in its lore" line can only refer to the U.S.S. Pasteur. I am adding it to my list.

-----

Now. Because the CC tends to believe that lore references on personnel (that only would be relevant for Dramatis Personae and Temporal Benefactor count - I am requesting some assistance. If there is a listing of all personnel named in lore of other personnel, that don't currently exist, and are not already called out, I would appreciate some assistance in listing them.

Also, the Will of the Collective article did call out one interesting quirk. Samantha Wildman's husband Greskrendtregk and Rita from Hotel Royale are technically broken-link romantic partners.... but without EVER seeing them on screen, I'm not sure how they'd ever be made. Am considering possibly just removing them.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jrch5618 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 amNow. Because the CC tends to believe that lore references on personnel (that only would be relevant for Dramatis Personae and Temporal Benefactor count - I am requesting some assistance. If there is a listing of all personnel named in lore of other personnel, that don't currently exist, and are not already called out, I would appreciate some assistance in listing them.

I have created the beginning of a list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

It's quite long; I'm trying to categorize the list now.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jrch5618 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:49 amPenk's ability is: [DL] Any other card that has "Tsunkatse" in title or lore - which has five possibilities. I am not willing to call a second Tsunkatse-in-title a broken link when the ability calls for either. (I am open for discussion on the subject, but am on the fence.)

The Traveler: Transcendence is not a broken link. A few cards refer to it by the entire title. There are no colon-rule issues here. Case closed.

As for Maximum Firepower - you have a very good point. There are only three ships with 'future' in lore. The Future Enterprise, the Pasteur, and the Fek'lhr. And TWO OF THEM ARE SPECIFICALLY CALLED OUT ON THE TACTIC. So, the "any [1E-AU] ship with the word "future" in its lore" line can only refer to the U.S.S. Pasteur. I am adding it to my list.
:thumbsup:

Technically, Siskoid (I believe) had a good point, but I found the list a fascinating trip down memory lane. Always love to see the engagement and even the scrutiny. Glad I could help in any way.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I dont really agree that cards that only have one link are broken links.
If there is only one Novaclass ship known in the series, so be it.
thats more of a canon issue than a game related one.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ok cool, it was just an example though. are there more "future" ships as well?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
belongs into a "can be explored further" category than a "broken" one still

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
While waiting for the full Dogs of War update, saw something.

Sirol refers to commanding the "Imperial Romulan Warbird Terix" - this would seem to be a technically correct (the best kind of correct) link on my commanders page. A true nitpick, but still.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dogs of War update:

This update is a wash - with zero net changes. Two additions, one update, two removals.

New: Kanar and Starbase 375, called out by name.
Updated: A second Xindi reference on [Obj] Decimate Homeworld
Removed: Breen ships and Hideki-class ships due to a second of each being in this set.

Still on the fence about Sirol's 'commander text' posted above and about Mortal Q's and Q of Borg's Q cunning.

Any questions, let me know please :)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Does this qualify (because using the special equipment instead of ship name implies there should/could/will be more ships with that same equipment)? I feel it does.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]