This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 178 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:22 am
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:02 am Does this qualify (because using the special equipment instead of ship name implies there should/could/will me more with that same equipment)? I feel it does.
It is possible to have other ships in play with the Solar Sails special equipment by using Salvage Starship or Holographic Camouflage.
good point. thx.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We do see 2 different ones, right. But I think it is looking for special equipment because damage can make them go offline.
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:02 am Does this qualify (because using the special equipment instead of ship name implies there should/could/will me more with that same equipment)? I feel it does.
I generally argue the opposite. It's good future-proofing.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.
If there's only one ship with a solar sail in all of canonical Trek, and the game captured it and its support card correctly, how is that a broken link?

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:05 pm I'll consider the Solar Sail. Not sure for there _are_ other ways to grant the special equipment as was specified. Hmmmmm.
If there's only one ship with a solar sail in all of canonical Trek, and the game captured it and its support card correctly, how is that a broken link?
But there is a second - Akoren Laan's ship.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
jrch5618 wrote:
Armus wrote:
I'd also put it on the U.S.S. Yorktown from IV.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:15 am
jrch5618 wrote:
Armus wrote:
I'd also put it on the U.S.S. Yorktown from IV.
Very well. Adding Solar Sail to the list on the 'reference card refers to group that only has one member'. Heck, the Starship Yorktown could very well have "Solar Sail (while damaged)" for that's when they tried to make one, afte the Whale Probe did its doody.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllGoodThings203 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:54 am Just occurred to me that [Obj] Boarding Party mention characteristic Boarding Pod. But the only one is [Kaz]Kazon Shuttle. Is it count as Broken Link?
I recently had the same question for Solar Sail. Read the subsequent comments to find out more. :thumbsup: :cheersL:

By Ospero
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Welp, it's been a while, but we can finally close the Prisoner thing, with the two new ones in Second Star.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Second Star update - I have 4 additions (2 old business, 2 new) and one removal, all of which are in the 'game implies multiple entries should exist when only one does' category.

New entries to the list include [CF] facilities from [Door] Slinghot Effect and the [SKR] Sha Ka Ree icon seen on [Kli] Spock Son of Sarek. I'm pretty sure these will only be here until Paradise Lost - there will probably be more [CF] facilities, and Spock's icon is obviously the way to do a clean rework of Sybok.

Old business added to the list, mentioned previously in this threat, are Boarding Pods used by the Kazon in their [Obj] Boarding Party, and the Q attribute found on three personnel so far that needs definition.

And the single closed entry are Klingon Prisoners. With [Kli] Prisoner Martia and [Kli] Prisoner McCoy, this is closed.

See you all in Paradise Lost for hopefully several removals.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out there... but We Look For Things says "May discard incident to "acquire" one artifact, event, or equipment enhancing attribute(s) of an opposing ship..."

The word artifact in this sentence is, at best, redundant. The only artifacts the "enhance a ship's attributes" are Data's Head (plays as equipment), Kurlan Naiskos (plays as event) and mayyybbeee Phased Cloaking Device (plays as equipment, I say maybe because you can't target a phased ship with WLFT).

Since an artifact that plays as an equipment (or event) counts as an equipment (or event), the words "event or equipment" on WLFT is enough for you to steal Kurlan or Data's Head. So I'd say the word "artifact" isn't needed on WLFT, at least until an artifact that fits the criteria that is NOT played as an event or equipment, exists.

Not sure if this makes a broken link lol

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's as redundant as listing Vice-Admirals on Office of the President. But since as you said, there _are_ multiple artifacts that can buff it, even if they're other types too - then I'm going to disregard. Oh, btw, next time I touch this list I need to delete the [SKR] icon reference for The Motion Picture Remastered has dealt with it.

EDIT: Also add the new broken link from the 8/1/22 errata for Business Cards.

I'll update once Paradise Lost is fully up.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]