This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 218 posts

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There a project status coming? Been awhile since the last one and, at least as I read the last one, things appear to be behind schedule.

Just curious about latest developments is all.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
dragoncymru wrote:It would be lovely for a small update.... for Xmas.....
I know it's late for Christmas, but if you check the front page on New Year's Day, you will find something you asked for. And if you're curious, a spoiler too.

-crp
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
I know it's late for Christmas, but if you check the front page on New Year's Day, you will find something you asked for. And if you're curious, a spoiler too.

-crp
Interesting, 2e put that location in the Delta Quadrant. Though, after checking memory alpha, it seems the episode was not explicit, and a non-canon source puts it in the Beta Quadrant (which is the AQ in-game).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
Interesting, 2e put that location in the Delta Quadrant. Though, after checking memory alpha, it seems the episode was not explicit, and a non-canon source puts it in the Beta Quadrant (which is the AQ in-game).
I made that same observation during proofreading. What I got told was, when it comes to 2E System J-25, "2E Creative Fucked Up" in that the mechanics of the mission were designed for Delta Borg, and that's what they ended up with, but Creative's choice of J-25 was obviously an error given the trek lore.

Take that for whatever it's worth, if anything. :P

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
I read the article but missed the spoiler. Where is it? I see talk of J25 but Lakanta is on the front page.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

-crp
I read the article but missed the spoiler. Where is it? I see talk of J25 but Lakanta is on the front page.
In the article click on the text that says:
But if you just can't wait, and you'd like a hint (and a spoiler), click here.

- James M
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm working on the next project status update. Did you guys like the article version in January? Or do you prefer the forum based versions prior?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Articles for me, thanks.

I always get notified about them anyway through the FYI forum, and they're more visible up on the homepage.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
forum hands down. its the only way to let everyone see the discussion about the topic which often is just as informative as the article/topic itself.

if you want to maximize visibility then its got to be on this forum.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have no preference either way. On the forum just means we can directly reference or quote from the post.

Otherwise, I'm fine with either. I just love the deets :)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Articles, for 3 reasons:
[SD] More visible (including the ability to share them easily via social media)
[SD] Articles get discussion topics devoted to them, so the ability to discuss isn't at all hindered
[SD] Keeps discussion focused on a singular, timely topic

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Articles. Anyone wanting to get into the game will want easy access. The forums are not easily accessible. And in an article you can have images and graphs and things that you can not have on the forum with any eligibility.
Now I just wish we could get the article system to have the article width no more than 65-85 characters (or responsive for mobile devices) so it can be read without having to scroll sideways (the same goes for the forums btw)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation