This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 218 posts

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
very happy to hear you are doing the smaller set of the cards cut from the [Rom] [OS] set. Romulans have always been my favorite villains and the only thing better than an STCCG set it TWO STCCG sets.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
VERY excited for [OS] [Rom] and also very happy and surprised at getting extra content for this expansion!

Always great to get updates regularly than when there are just significant changes; at least then we know things haven't fallen to the back burner or off the rails.

Looking forward to all of this!

:borg:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
jrch5618 wrote:Will "Project Na'Toth" be part of Block 5? And any hints as to what awesomesauce is in it that makes OS Romulans jealous?
It will not be part of Block 5. It's going to be something else. And what makes you think I haven't already dropped a hint or two? :P

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
are we finally getting tng borgs? fingers are crossed because you got the borg guy as a designer for this one.

if your going to change nors, i think you should do it all at once, instead of in stages. its less confusing to learn the new rules that way and also would probably make you more likely to follow through with all the changes if you dont let yourself release a few early and take the urgency out of it.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
hi again, its me from a fair few years ago from here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22818

i think its really cool that these projects are taking place, and the game has been expanding with more and more sets. it truly is very fitting with the name, "the Continuing committee" :) :D

with some time out before, i had some more time to tweak and remake a large ferengi deck for fun, but will make a separate post in the 1e section for that. (it includes nors)

btw if you are going to be changing nors, maybe the rules wording can include neither/nor :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
casualofborg wrote:btw if you are going to be changing nors, maybe the rules wording can include neither/nor :D
What do you mean here? (Or is it a joke I just didn't get? :lol: )

/Snow Käpälä

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think something was literally "lost in translation" for you.
It's a joke on nor versus nor.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Haha, oh dear... asking about / explaining jokes... :? Always awkward, sorry. :D I did actually get THAT part, yes. What I didn't get, was how that wording would be featured on any card. The STCCG-side of the joke, so to speak... :o Why would "neither" need to be addressed in STCCG and/or in conjunction with Nor cards...?

Sorry for ruining this joke! :P But I'm too curious now to stop asking until I understand fully! :shifty:

(But thx so far! :thumbsup: )

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
'Neither' and 'Nor' are often paired together in a sentence - and that is often contrasted with 'neither' and 'or' being together in a sentence. So unless I missed something the whole thing is an English language grammar joke about the glossary. I don't think it was actually about card text.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:'Neither' and 'Nor' are often paired together in a sentence
- and that is often contrasted with 'neither' and 'or' being together in a sentence. So unless I missed something the whole thing is an English language grammar joke about the glossary. I don't think it was actually about card text
Am I correct in assuming that a 'neither' and 'or' construction (together in the same part of a sentence -- you know what I mean, right?) isn't correct... and should be 'neither X nor Y'?

Aside from that, I think I got it now... :thumbsup: :cheersL:
casualofborg wrote:hi, i just posted the Ferengi Deck and battle report with feds :)
Am I correct in assuming that you didn't put the decks in the deck builder (and make them public -- or post a private link here, but I'd have seen that)?
How could I find them, if you did put them in the Builder? Wait -- the "what's new" section. But when browsing an older topic, and looking for a specific deck...? How to get there from a certain user's profile? :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:'Neither' and 'Nor' are often paired together in a sentence
- and that is often contrasted with 'neither' and 'or' being together in a sentence. So unless I missed something the whole thing is an English language grammar joke about the glossary. I don't think it was actually about card text
Am I correct in assuming that a 'neither' and 'or' construction (together in the same part of a sentence -- you know what I mean, right?) isn't correct... and should be 'neither X nor Y'?

Aside from that, I think I got it now... :thumbsup: :cheersL:
I think * that "either/or", "neither/or", and "neither/nor" are all acceptable depending on the context.

*I am not an English major; English was my weakest subject in school. I suggest using Google...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]