This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 218 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I wonder if a new persona of Deep Space Nine should be created? Decipher made DS9 [Baj] which makes sense since it is owned by the Bajoran people, but it is managed by the Federation. In my opinion there should be a Deep Space Nine that is dual affiliated with [Fed] [Baj]. Maybe this would at least solve one problem DS9 has with personnel that are 'compatible' that the CC had to find a solution to with Trust the Prophets, which might eliminate one seed card.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:I wonder if a new persona of Deep Space Nine should be created? Decipher made DS9 [Baj] which makes sense since it is owned by the Bajoran people, but it is managed by the Federation. In my opinion there should be a Deep Space Nine that is dual affiliated with [Fed] [Baj]. Maybe this would at least solve one problem DS9 has with personnel that are 'compatible' that the CC had to find a solution to with Trust the Prophets, which might eliminate one seed card.
And up its weapons and shields because they got upgrades for the dominion war...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:I'm curious; with the last two boutique products having a dual personnel card are there plans for other ones? Maybe something along the lines of Enhanced Premiere's dual personnel but for DS9 and Voyager?
There are no specific plans like this. But the Department of 1E and the design team has gotten a little more willing to make dual personnel - for a long time, we had a policy against it. If there is interest in something like Enhanced DS9 or Enhanced Voyager, that is something we could look into.

-crp
I too was against dual personnel cards. But in my spare time I like to design cards that I never have time to actually make. And I came to realize these cards have a perpose. So lets say we want to make Voyager main characters from the Year of Hell episode, Captain Janeway could merit her own card (with a download for "Times Up!" of course), but do we really need separate cards for the rest of them? You could pair Harry and Torez while they were trapped in the Jeffreys tube, Tom and Chakotay while they were prisoners, Seven and Tuvok while they were playing with that warhead, which leaves us with The Doctor and Neelix. For the TNG fans, how about Data and Locutus from Best of Both Worlds Part II? Also Voyager's episode "Timeless" could spawn a cards of "Chakotay and (his GF)" along with "Harry and The Doctor". From TNG's "Time's Arrow" Picard and Data should get their own cards, but the rest of the time traveling crew could be paired up. From DS9's "The Visitor" we could team up Jake and his visitor, and future Bashir and Dax. My point is, I've found dual personnel allow the creation of characters and character variations we might never see in the game actually become possible, because each character had less to add the equation individually, but together with another character's skills, could be quite useful, or at least fun. One of my more recent projects was a set called "Time's Up" for my own amusement, and that's why most of the card ideas mentioned here are AU.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm going to start working on a new update for you for February, as there's been some exciting developments. What questions do you have about 1E projects I can answer? Or about 1E in general?

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Info on the ban/errata list as well as updates on the secondary warehouse would be nice. If you can squeeze in preliminary info on the full-art feasibility I'll take that too... :cross:

In reality I'll take any and all info or updates I can get. Thanks! :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I'm going to start working on a new update for you for February, as there's been some exciting developments. What questions do you have about 1E projects I can answer? Or about 1E in general?

-crp
Would love an update on the TOS block. I was originally hoping there would be an engine to pit the good/honest Federation versus the corrupted elements in the first set. I'm no expert on TOS, but it seemed to me there were a lot of corrupt scientists, captains and other upper brass on that show. I've really enjoyed being able to break up my collection into franchise blocks, since any decks I make now are simply made to play each other. Adding more to TOS will be a godsend. I'll admit I haven't built anything lately but still look forward to making those Enterprise era decks (and I'm still hoping to add the Xindii affiliation to that mix one day).
You know what might make a good boutique? Characters, ships and other elements that have crossed between shows. DS9 version's of the Ent-D and Picard, Voyager version of Riker, TNG version of Bashir (in his white tennis shoes...), Enterprise version of Troi, DS9 version of Dr. Zimmerman. Throw Q and the Borg in the mix and you've got your non-personnel cards. And now that my brain is storming what about a small set based around actors playing multiple roles not only between shows, but different characters within the same franchise, I mean, that guy who played Admiral Forest played like 50 different Star Trek characters. Maybe it could all be balled into the same set... similar to Metamorphosis? Yeah well, just an idea.
 -  
Prophet
I'm working on a longer status update, but here's a quick update about Project Delenn. The file is mostly complete, with about 6-10 cards (out of 63) still being worked on. It's a lot of rules tweaks to get timing right, and a few power balancing issues. There's a difference of opinion between some of our testing groups about the right power level to hit, and we're doing everything we can to find the right balance. I'd really like to see Delenn release in April, but if the file needs more time, it will get that time. We don't have investors or market demands to please, after all. I hope you will be patient while we work out the final few issues.

I'll provide more details in the full update, hopefully this weekend or early next week.

-crp

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I'm working on a longer status update, but here's a quick update about Project Delenn. The file is mostly complete, with about 6-10 cards (out of 63) still being worked on. It's a lot of rules tweaks to get timing right, and a few power balancing issues. There's a difference of opinion between some of our testing groups about the right power level to hit, and we're doing everything we can to find the right balance. I'd really like to see Delenn release in April, but if the file needs more time, it will get that time. We don't have investors or market demands to please, after all. I hope you will be patient while we work out the final few issues.

I'll provide more details in the full update, hopefully this weekend or early next week.

-crp
Charlie, completely agree. Question though, can the other teams still work on the other 75% of the cards while the remaining balance finishes off, or does the CC design teams typically wait till a department is all done before handing it off and that next department team working on the next steps?

Thanks,
~D

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
I'm working on a longer status update, but here's a quick update about Project Delenn. The file is mostly complete, with about 6-10 cards (out of 63) still being worked on. It's a lot of rules tweaks to get timing right, and a few power balancing issues. There's a difference of opinion between some of our testing groups about the right power level to hit, and we're doing everything we can to find the right balance.
I'd really like to see Delenn release in April, but if the file needs more time, it will get that time.
We don't have investors or market demands to please, after all. I hope you will be patient while we work out the final few issues.

-crp
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
100% right answer.
 -  
Prophet
HoodieDM wrote:Charlie, completely agree. Question though, can the other teams still work on the other 75% of the cards while the remaining balance finishes off, or does the CC design teams typically wait till a department is all done before handing it off and that next department team working on the next steps?

Thanks,
~D
There is some work that can be done ahead. Creative is basically done on all but one card (that was a late add), Rules is done with all but the last few cards. Proofreading has the card texts to go through, and the Art team has been sent image notes for many of the cards. But we don't move to production (having the Art team build the file) until development is done, so as long as there's a single card in flux, we don't move to the next phase. Does that make sense?

-crp

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:But we don't move to production (having the Art team build the file) until development is done, so as long as there's a single card in flux, we don't move to the next phase. Does that make sense?
Yep. They can all work on certain steps, but final steps remain open until each department before it is complete.

~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Charlie, completely agree. Question though, can the other teams still work on the other 75% of the cards while the remaining balance finishes off, or does the CC design teams typically wait till a department is all done before handing it off and that next department team working on the next steps?

Thanks,
~D
There is some work that can be done ahead. Creative is basically done on all but one card (that was a late add), Rules is done with all but the last few cards. Proofreading has the card texts to go through, and the Art team has been sent image notes for many of the cards. But we don't move to production (having the Art team build the file) until development is done, so as long as there's a single card in flux, we don't move to the next phase. Does that make sense?

-crp
Well, in case it takes longer, and you want to fill that time to keep people patient, may I suggest Project... er ah... Homestead, yes, Project Homestead. Basically a set composed of facilities, and maybe a few ships with new pictures, franchise logos and lore. I figure these would mostly be for TNG, DS9, and Voyager since card mechanics wouldn't really change in most cases I can think of. As I've rambled before, I really enjoy making franchise specific block decks to fight each other. Although, I could easily forgive the design team seeing this idea as a waste of time, since I probably represent a very small percentage of the community. But even straying from deck building preferences, it could make a nice art project. And you guys could do other card types too, as you have already done in the past.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]