This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:I've wanted to try playing 4 people in a 1e game. Not teams. But 4 separate players. Gotta tweak the rules a bit but I think it could be done.
Is there a dedicated topic for this? Meaning, additional multiplayer rules? Or do I post here, how we do this in my group?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
dragoncymru wrote:Any input for my solo version is ALWAYS welcome!
At the very least I could (and will, ASAP) PM the whole lot to you; I don't feel that such would be impolite. You could mention the writers as contributors? I looked it up; my archive file does mention all 3 authors' names. I could (so far) only find 1 link to their original locations, though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
No problem. :)

But in the mean time, is there an easy answer to my question:
Suden Kapala wrote:I do like many ideas here, e.g. the concept of incremental(?) points difficulty [...] How / where can I find the rules that cover that?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
This is an old game - most of the players have moved on and most of the resources/files that were plentiful back in the day have been lost to the mists of history and the early world wide web.

IF you have files that were posted publicly, I don't see why there should be any issue with continuing to publicly propagate them, if for no other reason than historical reasons. Expanding on them or using them for ideas or as a base for other variants should be even more welcome.

If you have names and sources of the original authors, just be sure to credit them. If you don't have names, just acknowledge that the names have been lost and the work is not originally yours.

By lotjx2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I always thought this game was easily the best solitaire CCG out there just by tweaking the rules for you to just randomly place the dilemmas.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
That's true - and just by leaving out some of the player interaction cards as well, it's good to go apart from adding a 'lose' condition - ie by setting a time limit.

But if you want to experience encountering Affiliations then it needs a bit more tweaking.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I came across 2 or 3 other proposals for Solitaire -- some very descriptive and detailed, others just hints. I saved them somewhere (and made minor tweaks to them). Not sure if it would be polite to post them here, since they're other people's work (and I edited it -- for private use)?
I don't see why there should be any issue with continuing to publicly propagate them, if for no other reason than historical reasons. Expanding on them or using them for ideas or as a base for other variants should be even more welcome.

If you have names and sources of the original authors, just be sure to credit them. If you don't have names, just acknowledge that the names have been lost and the work is not originally yours.
I thought of all this, too; and personally, I agree. But I was interested in others' opinions, nonetheless. Thanks!
Any input for my solo version is ALWAYS welcome!
In the mean time, I did consider posting them here. And although I started, I can't cough up the time/focus to finish properly formatting them. So, I'll stick to plan B -- I'll PM the raw text to you. I hope it can still help you!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:We don't play 1E because it makes stories that sound like episodes... we play 1E because it makes stories that sound like fan fiction written under the influence of illegal medication. ;)
LOL! I do prefer story-worthy and more Trek-logical stuff happening. But, indeed, I've experienced (and appreciate) the game either way -- also when it gets psychedelic. Your comment was an interesting way of phrasing that. :)
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]