• 801 posts

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:Ok [Bor] Experts, I need some help:

While playing as [Bor] my opponent hits the following dilemma combo in a Mercenary Ship:

Contingency Plan/Undetected Beam-In/Cytherians

I DL A Change of Plans and DL Assimilate Starship. Undetected goes off and I DL 3x Three of Nineteen and 1x Eleven of Seventeen. I failed to consider that I would need 2x [SCN] to move the ship after assimilation. Cytherians then goes off and my opponent helplessly heads towards the other end of the spaceline.

On my turn I scout. I am not sure if there is anything to do but say I scouted. Next turn my opponent moves the ship as per range. End of my next turn, I probe and successfully assimilate the Mercenary ship and its 2 [Stf] become 2 [SCN] as I mentioned. I have 3 [SCD] and 1 [SCC] on board. I can now control the ship but can't move it, and Cytherians has it locked down.

Here are my questions:

Does the ship flip to my side of the table with my opponents crew just hanging out onboard?
Does the Merc ship just sit there until I bring my cube over and beam 2 [SCN] aboard allowing movement?
When I reach the other end of the spaceline, do I get the 15 points since the ship is now mine?
I also presume my opponent can't battle due to Cytherians and if they could perhaps the 3/19s could assimilate the needed crew to get [SCN] ?
I'm hardly a Borg expert but I'll give it a go.........

1. Yes. The ship is now yours and [Bor] affiliation. The opponent's away team (they are no longer a "crew" once you assimilate the ship) are now intruders aboard your vessel and subject to any card/rules affecting intruders.

2. Yes. You need to be staffed to move the Cytherian'ed ship.

3. No, because Borg do not score bonus points unless a card specifically says they do. However if you took a ship over with Commandeer Ship and completed the journey, yes you would get 15 points. Watch out for Writ.

4. The CREW of the ship cannot battle. From actions - required in glossary: "The crew may not initiate battle against an intruder, but may defend themselves if attacked."

So your Borg away team can do whatever it wants (depending on your current objective), but once you complete Assimilate Starship YOU are now the crew and cannot do anything other then satisfy Cytherians. HOWEVER, your opponent is now FREE to attack you as they are now the away team, and you can defend yourself and assimilate persons in battle if possible.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:Ok [Bor] Experts, I need some help:

While playing as [Bor] my opponent hits the following dilemma combo in a Mercenary Ship:

Contingency Plan/Undetected Beam-In/Cytherians

I DL A Change of Plans and DL Assimilate Starship. Undetected goes off and I DL 3x Three of Nineteen and 1x Eleven of Seventeen. I failed to consider that I would need 2x [SCN] to move the ship after assimilation. Cytherians then goes off and my opponent helplessly heads towards the other end of the spaceline.

On my turn I scout. I am not sure if there is anything to do but say I scouted. Next turn my opponent moves the ship as per range. End of my next turn, I probe and successfully assimilate the Mercenary ship and its 2 [Stf] become 2 [SCN] as I mentioned. I have 3 [SCD] and 1 [SCC] on board. I can now control the ship but can't move it, and Cytherians has it locked down.

Here are my questions:

Does the ship flip to my side of the table with my opponents crew just hanging out onboard?
Does the Merc ship just sit there until I bring my cube over and beam 2 [SCN] aboard allowing movement?
When I reach the other end of the spaceline, do I get the 15 points since the ship is now mine?
I also presume my opponent can't battle due to Cytherians and if they could perhaps the 3/19s could assimilate the needed crew to get [SCN] ?
I'm hardly a Borg expert but I'll give it a go.........

1. Yes. The ship is now yours and [Bor] affiliation. The opponent's away team (they are no longer a "crew" once you assimilate the ship) are now intruders aboard your vessel and subject to any card/rules affecting intruders.

2. Yes. You need to be staffed to move the Cytherian'ed ship.

3. No, because Borg do not score bonus points unless a card specifically says they do. However if you took a ship over with Commandeer Ship and completed the journey, yes you would get 15 points. Watch out for Writ.

4. The CREW of the ship cannot battle. From actions - required in glossary: "The crew may not initiate battle against an intruder, but may defend themselves if attacked."

So your Borg away team can do whatever it wants (depending on your current objective), but once you complete Assimilate Starship YOU are now the crew and cannot do anything other then satisfy Cytherians. HOWEVER, your opponent is now FREE to attack you as they are now the away team, and you can defend yourself and assimilate persons in battle if possible.
Thanks!

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey All, I just opened a box of Tribbles and got a ton of cards that can be used in this deck:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=14476

Was wondering if someone could explain to me or link to me Native to a Timeline rules. For example, how do I know which characters must report to the time location?

Is there any way to download Starship Enterprise at the start of the game (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=2156)?

Also, any tips for playing a deck that involved character native to a past timeline?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, I just opened a box of Tribbles and got a ton of cards that can be used in this deck:

Was wondering if someone could explain to me or link to me Native to a Timeline rules. For example, how do I know which characters must report to the time location?

Is there any way to download Starship Enterprise at the start of the game (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=2156)?

Also, any tips for playing a deck that involved character native to a past timeline?
Well, since you have no [1E-AU] enabling doors, all your [OS] [1E-AU] cards must report to the time location because there is no way for them to report to the spaceline. Also, without an [1E-AU] enabling door you cannot play your temporal shifting cards.

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, I just opened a box of Tribbles and got a ton of cards that can be used in this deck:

Well, since you have no [1E-AU] enabling doors, all your [OS] [1E-AU] cards must report to the time location because there is no way for them to report to the spaceline. Also, without an [1E-AU] enabling door you cannot play your temporal shifting cards.
Thanks! This was just a deck I found online. If I play a doorway that allows [1E-AU] card, can I just play card like Kirk (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=3117) directly? Or would I still be need to report him to a time location?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:
winterflames wrote:

Thanks! This was just a deck I found online. If I play a doorway that allows [1E-AU] card, can I just play card like Kirk (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=3117) directly? Or would I still be need to report him to a time location?
If you use mirror tos personal you can download the mirror enterprise in the seed phase. The mirror enterprise actually is 1 attribute better than regular enterprise. You just need the halkum palace time location. If you want regular tos personal to play in mirror universe. You need crossover invitation. If you want the other way. You need crossover. Of course if you play crossover. You can play mirror personal to deep space k7 for free.

The best AU doorway if you have a time location is temporal conduit. You can time travel with it.

Lastly I personally like kivas fajos far better than temporal shifting. You draw kivas fajo you can play it to draw 3 cards. You pack 8 or 9 in your deck. You should be good. If you want to drop 2 kivas fajos and put 1 suprise party event and one traveler event. You should be drawing enough cards period.

Kivas fajo vs temporal shifting.

Temporal shifting
You need revisiant history for sure.
You need another card to discard.
You probably want regernate in your deck since you are discarding cards.
The only up side is you can play it on your opponent. I personally rather have cards I know will help me win over cards that might help me win.

Kivas fajo event

You draw 3 cards.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Does borg ship dilemma attack a borg player? Do you as a Borg player get the points for blowing it up if you can attack it?
Yes. The dilemma attacks everything. It is not a [Bor] ship and has no affiliation attack restrictions.

No. Borg do not score bonus points unless a card says they do.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Does borg ship dilemma attack a borg player? Do you as a Borg player get the points for blowing it up if you can attack it?
Yes. The dilemma attacks everything. It is not a [Bor] ship and has no affiliation attack restrictions.

No. Borg do not score bonus points unless a card says they do.
Thanks I guess the only reason I would use borg ship dilemma would be for the retask event. I don't know if it is worth it. When I'm possibly giving my opponent bonus points.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How I interpret/remember it: the dilemma Borg Ship is influenced by sickness, or is like Rogue Borg -- so that the Retask lore also really fits -- and that's why it also attacks [Bor] player's ships.
Discovery suxs wrote:I don't know if it is worth it. When I'm possibly giving my opponent bonus points.
You can prep to Temporal Vortex it, but that's still no guarantee when it comes out.

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey All, a question about the card Full Complement of Shuttles:

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=4909

When using this card if your report for the turn is the shuttle you can report it with two crew members (say 7of9 and Tom Paris) as your first report for the turn?

If so, does 7of9 and Tom Paris count as reporting for free? For example, if I reported the shuttle with the two character and had New Arrivals in play would New Arrivals be discarded?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, a question about the card Full Complement of Shuttles:

When using this card if your report for the turn is the shuttle you can report it with two crew members (say 7of9 and Tom Paris) as your first report for the turn?

If so, does 7of9 and Tom Paris count as reporting for free? For example, if I reported the shuttle with the two character and had New Arrivals in play would New Arrivals be discarded?
No. Report with Crew is not the same as Report for free. Shuttles and New Arrivals is a really strong deck.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, a question about the card Full Complement of Shuttles:

No. Anything that reports for free will quite literally say "free" on the card enabling the play. If the word free isn't on there, it is not for free.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation