• 801 posts

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Armus wrote:If not, this could be the 1e version of [null]-gate.... :shock: :shifty:
We're not having nullgate. They'd ban the card before allowing nullgate. (It is already on the watchlist, after all.)

Has anyone put Jon on this to make sure we dont have null gate for continentals next week?

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:
mrpurple wrote:Thank you so much!!!
The collective services you. :borg:

(As in: the affiliation is there to help you out. And the community. Not me, personally -- although I would, if I could. But in a helpful, cardplaying sort of way. Not in any other way. I think. Unless it's a way that everybody is okay with -- including me!! Then it's fine. I only wanted to make a word joke based on Service the collective. But I think I'm just making things worse. I'll stop talking now.)
Love it and thank you.

Another question: Can I use the card Awaken to download drones from my Q Tent? Is that allowable to download from the tent?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:
Suden Kapala wrote:
mrpurple wrote:Thank you so much!!!
The collective services you. :borg:

(As in: the affiliation is there to help you out. And the community. Not me, personally -- although I would, if I could. But in a helpful, cardplaying sort of way. Not in any other way. I think. Unless it's a way that everybody is okay with -- including me!! Then it's fine. I only wanted to make a word joke based on Service the collective. But I think I'm just making things worse. I'll stop talking now.)
Love it and thank you.

Another question: Can I use the card Awaken to download drones from my Q Tent? Is that allowable to download from the tent?
It actually says in the glossary. You can download from hand, draw deck, or any side decks unless it says otherwise.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Winner of Borg wrote:how is it possible to have Integrity>0 from up to 0 personnel? or asked differently (and putting all common sense on hold, looking just at the rules and the text of the card): how can Enemies of the State where the opponent does NOT have dissidents be passed?
if your opponent has no personnel you pass this dilemma
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
Winner of Borg wrote:how is it possible to have Integrity>0 from up to 0 personnel? or asked differently (and putting all common sense on hold, looking just at the rules and the text of the card): how can Enemies of the State where the opponent does NOT have dissidents be passed?
Is this a "dear god we are not having Enemies of the State be an unpassable wall at the big event" ruling, or is there a logic?

(I totally understand the former, interesting in hearing the details of the latter)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
pfti wrote:
Is this a "dear god we are not having Enemies of the State be an unpassable wall at the big event" ruling, or is there a logic?

(I totally understand the former, interesting in hearing the details of the latter)
Quite frankly, this is a no unpassable walls ruling.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Honest question: why does my previous "no valid targets" reasoning not hold up? That struck me as the easy out answer.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
cards that let me look at seeded dilemmas.......

Science Lab
Ocular Implants
Zephram's Telescope
Scan
Full Planet Scan
Orb Experience

anything else???
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Honest question: why does my previous "no valid targets" reasoning not hold up? That struck me as the easy out answer.
This is just me, but my first and second instincts are that Allen was correct here: viewtopic.php?p=468380#p468380 On his view, the dissidents aren't targeted. Now, the meaning of "target" is notoriously squishy, but dilemma resolution seems to lean against treating this sort of "personnel counting" as a form of targeting here:
However, if a dilemma targets cards with specific features (e.g., a personnel with Empathy, a male, a non-Cardassian), and there are no cards present with those features, discard the dilemma immediately without effect, as when a trigger is not present... A specified number of personnel is not a “specific feature;” if a card specifies that two target personnel are to be selected but only one personnel is present, it selects that one.
There are good counter-arguments to this position, though. The cumulative rule suggests the dissidents may be targets after all. (The elimination of the Frool Rule doesn't seem to have altered that.) In which case Armus's position is right.

I dunno. I'm tired and rambling.

I would imagine that the Rules Committee discussion ran something like this: "If the nullgate trick doesn't work, then we're going to issue a bluetext saying it doesn't work. On the other hand, if the trick does work, then we're still going to issue a bluetext to prevent it from working. So let's just issue a bluetext and sort out the true and correct answer after Continentals."

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
BCSWowbagger wrote:This is just me, but my first and second instincts are that Allen was correct here: viewtopic.php?p=468380#p468380 On his view, the dissidents aren't targeted. Now, the meaning of "target" is notoriously squishy, but dilemma resolution seems to lean against treating this sort of "personnel counting" as a form of targeting here: [...]
it's not just you, my understanding of target pointed the same way. which is why i asked this stupid question in the first place :)

thanks for the prompt resolution! (although i kinda was hoping to get this stupid dilemma banned...)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Nessi wrote:When i solve 2 Planet Mission and have 100 Points did i win or have i also doing one Space missin?
Depends.

In open it's a win absent any card effects.

In OTF you would need a space mission or 140 points.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ok [Bor] Experts, I need some help:

While playing as [Bor] my opponent hits the following dilemma combo in a Mercenary Ship:

Contingency Plan/Undetected Beam-In/Cytherians

I DL A Change of Plans and DL Assimilate Starship. Undetected goes off and I DL 3x Three of Nineteen and 1x Eleven of Seventeen. I failed to consider that I would need 2x [SCN] to move the ship after assimilation. Cytherians then goes off and my opponent helplessly heads towards the other end of the spaceline.

On my turn I scout. I am not sure if there is anything to do but say I scouted. Next turn my opponent moves the ship as per range. End of my next turn, I probe and successfully assimilate the Mercenary ship and its 2 [Stf] become 2 [SCN] as I mentioned. I have 3 [SCD] and 1 [SCC] on board. I can now control the ship but can't move it, and Cytherians has it locked down.

Here are my questions:

Does the ship flip to my side of the table with my opponents crew just hanging out onboard?
Does the Merc ship just sit there until I bring my cube over and beam 2 [SCN] aboard allowing movement?
When I reach the other end of the spaceline, do I get the 15 points since the ship is now mine?
I also presume my opponent can't battle due to Cytherians and if they could perhaps the 3/19s could assimilate the needed crew to get [SCN] ?

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]