• 801 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SCC] Can Samuel Clemens' pocket watch make a [BO] [Obj] probe happen 1 turn earlier?

And there was 1 cool thing that you could do with SCPW, that I forgot... somehow manipulate your turns (or end it? Or manipulate countdowns?)... but it wasn't worth the effort, in the end. Does anybody know what I'm (vaguely) thinking of?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:[SCC] Can Samuel Clemens' pocket watch make a [BO] [Obj] probe happen 1 turn earlier?
I don't believe so, because of that pesky "must". The Borg objectives "may" probe, so they don't qualify.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:If the "limit 3 cards aboard" was an absolute rule I would expect the card to read as:
[1E-AU] [Univ] Borg Probe wrote:May report with crew to any Delta Quadrant location if your Borg Queen in play. Limit 3 cards aboard. Tractor Beam
That is indeed both how Decipher would word that and how it should word it. (If it wanted to achieve that effect.)

If Decipher would limit the crew to 3 people, they would do it with a restricion box like
Type 18 Shuttlepod
or
Bajoran Raider
Last edited by Enabran on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:Does special download equipment go to the personal or I choice the location?

For example tng quark downloads any padd.
Goes to anywhere at the same location. So if TNG Quark is on a ship at an outpost at a planet, he can download it to the ship, the outpost, or the planet -- but not to a different planet, or a ship at a different location.

(Also, you can always download stuff that "plays on table.")

Make sense?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Does special download equipment go to the personal or I choice the location?

For example tng quark downloads any padd.
Goes to anywhere at the same location. So if TNG Quark is on a ship at an outpost at a planet, he can download it to the ship, the outpost, or the planet -- but not to a different planet, or a ship at a different location.

(Also, you can always download stuff that "plays on table.")

Make sense?
Yeah I was using 2 [DL] Fengri with Fengri infestion.

So the one that downloads shields works but quark does not work. Since the padd would be at my opponents facilty.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Discovery suxs wrote: Yeah I was using 2 [DL] Fengri with Fengri infestion.

So the one that downloads shields works but quark does not work. Since the padd would be at my opponents facilty.
If you're talking about Reyga and his download of Metaphasic Shields, then no, it won't help you, because the Shields say "Plays on your ship" (unless of course you do have a ship there when the dilemma hits).

Looks like you are talking about the pre-errata (that is, original Decipher-printed) version of Metaphasic Shields; keep in mind that most people here are playing OTF rules most of the time, using the latest set of errata; what you do in kitchen table games and which homebrew rules you use there is of course entirely up to you, though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: Yeah I was using 2 [DL] Fengri with Fengri infestion.

If you're talking about Reyga and his download of Metaphasic Shields, then no, it won't help you, because the Shields say "Plays on your ship" (unless of course you do have a ship there when the dilemma hits).

Looks like you are talking about the pre-errata (that is, original Decipher-printed) version of Metaphasic Shields; keep in mind that most people here are playing OTF rules most of the time, using the latest set of errata; what you do in kitchen table games and which homebrew rules you use there is of course entirely up to you, though.

Wow errata is alot worse overall. My group plays with all versions of cards except banned list. Otherwise I would have a big box of cards just sitting there. Thanks for your help.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, got a Borg question... Can you use the interrupt Awake to download unique drones, like Seven of Nine??
Yup, as long as the [SCC] [SCN] or [SCD] matches the condition on the card. :borg:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Discovery suxs wrote:https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5333

Here by your invitation says ds9 or your defiant.

So does it work with defiant class like the ship above?

I already made a ds9 deck. So I was hoping to do a deck around defiant. I don't want ds9 in the deck so downloading the other defiant via ds9 ways is pretty much out.
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... cardID=504

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5333

Here by your invitation says ds9 or your defiant.

So does it work with defiant class like the ship above?

I already made a ds9 deck. So I was hoping to do a deck around defiant. I don't want ds9 in the deck so downloading the other defiant via ds9 ways is pretty much out.
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... cardID=504
I appreciate your idea in my other topic. Definitely alot better than 3 seed cards or stocking 9 defiants in the deck. Thanks for your help for sure.

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, got a Borg question... Can you use the interrupt Awake to download unique drones, like Seven of Nine??
Yup, as long as the [SCC] [SCN] or [SCD] matches the condition on the card. :borg:
Thank you so much!!!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Thank you so much!!!
The collective services you. :borg:

(As in: the affiliation is there to help you out. And the community. Not me, personally -- although I would, if I could. But in a helpful, cardplaying sort of way. Not in any other way. I think. Unless it's a way that everybody is okay with -- including me!! Then it's fine. I only wanted to make a word joke based on Service the collective. But I think I'm just making things worse. I'll stop talking now.)

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe he […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]